Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Who likes WR Roy Williams?

I would give next years first rounder right now!
    Roy Williams is a fantastic receiver.

I would go as high as 1st rounder this year and 3rd rounder the following year.

We absolutely need to get a bonafide NFL receiver now. Even the best WR draft pick will take a min of 3 yrs to be in Pro Bowl form. I know Royal is having an excellent season for a rook, but he is playing with Marshall, a legit #1, and Cutler is turning out to be a damn good QB. Roy would be a solid addition but the Lions w/o a GM...the deal aint getting done. Maybe the Ravens should do a little under the table tampering with Roy (ala Patriots with Moss) and get him to start mouthing off publicly so the Lions will be forced to trade him. This would drive down the price tag for him. Maybe then they get him for a 2nd. A 1st for Roy is probably too much since he is a FA anyways. Say we go 6-10... that 1st is pretty damn valuable, and we still could get Roy during the off season.

Should have picked up Chris Henry while they had the chance. Big physical down field threat is exactly what they need. Character wise, he's a Raven.

I would def make a trade for a legit #1WR ASAP. If Williams or Boldin is up for a trade then do it. The Ravens FO is WAY too squeamish about trading a #1 pick for a WR...it's a no brainer.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Should have picked up Chris Henry while they had the chance. Big physical down field threat is exactly what they need. Character wise, he's a Raven.

Yeah, despite the fact that Ozzie, Bisciotti and Harbs are quoted repeatedly as saying they want to change the culture and perception of our team as a bunch of thugs and have been focusing on high character in players we target.

What Losac said ....

Anyone who says Henry ought to be picked up is just saying so to get a rise out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I would give them a 1st round pick. If Mason is our #2 WR, our offense will be a lot harder to stop, Heap, Clayton and the other guys will be wide open.

Roy Williams is a player. I have always liked him, and there is not a WR we could draft in the first round that would be a better bet.

Demetrius Williams and Mark Clayton are solid, but this guy is spectacular.
    Wow, really?!

I'm sorry but after seeing Randy Moss go for a 4th round pick and Deion Branch going for a top pick, I'm convinced that this dude isn't worth a 1st rounder, hell maybe not even a 2nd rounder. If Detroit is desparate enough, they'll lower the value
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I would rather have Anquan Boldin actually. He wants out of Arizona after they didn't negoitiate a new contract with him. I don't know how much longer he is under contract there, but I would certainly trade picks or players for him.
    I've said this since he asked for the trade, I would take Boldin in a heartbeat
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Boldin is better, arguably, but he plays opposite Fitzgerald while getting most of his numbers. Williams has one year left on his deal so there is incentive for the Loins to trade him.

Moss was stolen from an idiot in a suspect manner. Chambers cost a high 2nd round pick. Branch a low 1st round pick. Ocho Stinko was worth a 1st and a 3rd from Washington.

Williams is worth a first and a 3rd, and if we get him, it will be a very low one.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/roywillia...e?id=WIL511864

From what I've read at various other sites, a second rounder was what the Lions were asking prior to the start of the season.

A first rounder for Roy Williams I just don't know about. A second rounder and I'd beat Ozzie in the head with a stale loaf of bread until he made the call.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

We are going to have to draft one anyway and so far we have only gotten Travis Taylor twice out of first round Wrs. Why not give up a first and a 3rd for a guy who would be our #1. We can tag him after this year if there is no long term deal and build a new offense around a balanced attack.

LIONS STILL SHOPPING ROY WILLIAMS
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2008, 2:20 p.m.
    With just hours to go before the NFL trade deadline, the long-discussed trade of Lions receiver Roy Williams is still being discussed.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the folks in the Detroit front office were working the phones this morning to find out whether other teams would be interested in acquiring Williams.

Schefter also reports that the Cowboys have made an offer, but so far they haven’t offered enough to make the Lions pull the trigger. The Lions have apparently said they want more than a first-round draft pick.

Detroit is also talking about trading other veteran players, but the best player on the block is Williams.

The NFL’s trade deadline is 4 p.m. Eastern today.

I can see the Cowboys upping their offer and get him. Looks like the Lions FO is wary of making a deal because they don't have a permanent GM.

Pacman just got suspended for another 4 games. Romo out 4 weeks. Jones knows that a storm is brewing down there and landing a guy like Williams would take the focus away from the negative while also adding a solid player.

I'd like Roy Williams to be a Raven. But not for a 1st and a 3rd when he'll be a FA after the season. I do agree that we need to get an established WR, not a highly touted rookie. We need immediate impact.

PP