Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Who likes WR Roy Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I sure wouldn't. Nothing against Williams, but the Cowboys overpaid for him. Just like they overpaid for T.O.
    And how many times since landing T.O. has Dallas gone to the playoffs? They are a playoff team with him on the roster. Except for one year, with our WR core we are not.

Ozzie had a chance to give Joe Flacco a legitimate and potential game-changing receiver, and decided what we have is the best out there. Didn't even TRY or make an OFFER.

But hey, I'm excited for the Ernie Cartwright era!!

Re: Who likes WR Roy Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And how many times since landing T.O. has Dallas gone to the playoffs? They are a playoff team with him on the roster. Except for one year, with our WR core we are not.

Ozzie had a chance to give Joe Flacco a legitimate and potential game-changing receiver, and decided what we have is the best out there. Didn't even TRY or make an OFFER.

But hey, I'm excited for the Ernie Cartwright era!!
    Oz may have offered the same type of deal, but Williams had the leverage of not signing an extension if he did not approve of the trade. He is from Texas, played college ball there, and gets to be the 3rd or 4th #1type weapon in a much bigger market and high profile team.

Even I would pick the Boys and I am from Baltimore.

The Ravens are going to have to trade for a guy under contract or develop some draft picks.

Most WRs take 3 or 4 years to become good. That is why it is not time to give up on Clayton and Williams just yet. Mason was not a good WR in his first 3 years.