Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Heroes and Goats...Week 5

*The opinions expressed in my weekly thread are mine alone, but are probably endorsed by the majority of level-headed, even-keeled Ravens fans...

HEROES:

1) Le'Ron McClain- A premium blend of shifty elusiveness and smashmouth ground & pound, he is quickly becoming my favorite Ravens back. Another week, another touchdown...

2) Ray Lewis- You are timeless and playing some of the best football I have ever seen you play...A healthy #52 is more than worth his weight in gold, even in these harsh economic times...

3) Todd Heap- Welcome back, HEEEEEAAAAPP! Hopefully yesterday's performance is a harbinger of you returning to Pro Bowl form on a more consistent basis.

4) Derrick Mason- A first down machine who I've come to admire for his sheer will to get to the ball and gain yardage afterwards. Are you sure you're 34-years-old?

5) Terrell Suggs- Nevermind the senseless roughing call of an effeminate referee, you simply harass the QB non-stop all game and cause him to make mistakes...Now if only said effiminate referee would learn to recognize and call "holding" on the O-linemen, you'd truly be unstoppable.

GOATS:

1) NFL Officiating- Dude, I don't know who you are or where you live, but when every sports highlight program unanimously agrees that your roughing call was a load of fertilizer, you may want to consider a) Stronger glasses or b) Another vocation. Overall, I'd rate the officiating of yesterdays game a D-minus :grbac:

2) Matt Stover- Brother, I love you to death and for a long time you have been the primary source of offense for this team, but I'm getting pretty worried that your accuracy isn't what it once was. Notice that we've lost the past two games by a FG each time and I think you understand where I'm coming from.

3) Yamon Figurs- Since returning from your injury, you've been an indecisive basketcase. With a limited offense, we NEED you to perform up to your potential! :hammer:

4) Coach Harbaugh- Another week, another overabundance of silly penalties and personal fouls. Don't even get me started on wasting timeouts in consecutive games because we can't get plays run on time...Up your game, coach...I know you have it in you...

5) Joe Flacco- Listen man, I understand better than anyone that you're a rookie, but the offense has been Dilfer-ized especially for you, so that you DON'T throw the game away with that strong arm of yours. Work on your decision making and stop randomly reverting to a Division I-AA QB, especially when coverage on our receivers is good. I'll tell you this: I'd much rather see Bazooka Joe or even The Average Joe out there than "Sloppy" Joe...:grbac:

Re: Heroes and Goats...Week 5

ugh mark clayton, i feel like an ass because i rag on him all the time, but the guy is soft as tissue paper....shows no desire to compete, or fight for balls/extra yardage.....not to mention i question his sexual orientation....cut this bum/bust and find a beer truck driver who wants to play football...
    Last edited by Sgt CouchPotato; 10-06-2008 at 01:22 PM.

I nominate McGahee as a goat. 1st down at the 36, and he goes for no gain, and then -1 during one of the most critical points of the game. He has gotta duck his head, bull forward and get more yards to make it a managable 3rd down.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I nominate McGahee as a goat. 1st down at the 36, and he goes for no gain, and then -1 during one of the most critical points of the game. He has gotta duck his head, bull forward and get more yards to make it a managable 3rd down.
    That's a pretty flimsy argument for goat status, IMHO...But I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    ugh mark clayton
    That's really all you can say about him at this point. Paging Roy Williams...

HEROES:
    1 - MASON - my favorite raven;
    2 - RAY - the best MLB that I've ever seen, maybe even the best NFL player that I've ever watched play, second only to Jim Brown;
    3 - McClain - I love his 'smash mouth' style of play;
    4 - O / D lines - you guys are difference makers.

GOATS:
    1 - Collective Team - two weeks in a row, now, you've let two sure wins get away from you.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Ravenjoe.... I don't think the Ravens D line can be designated Heroes. Their lack of pass rush on the last drive was a big reason why Collins had the time to go through his progressions and then dump it off to Schaife multiple times. That is somewhat 'Goatlike' status to me.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 10-06-2008 at 02:06 PM.

I really meant to say the Interior O and D lines....
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    That's really all you can say about him at this point. Paging Roy Williams...
    I couldn't agree more, we need to do what ever it takes to get him in Bmore before the trade deadline next week!!!!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Also I would love to add Adam Terry to the list of Goats he is a Bum and gets manhandled every play
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Also I would love to add Adam Terry to the list of Goats he is a Bum and gets manhandled every play
    Well Anderson is in there now, and hopefully plays good enough to keep the job.

Blog Entries

I will say Figurs looked a lot better than last game.
    He went NorthSouth a lot more and I don't recall seeing any backwards arcs, so at least there wasn't a hidden 60 yds that we didn't get this game. I'll take away 1/2 the goat I threw at him last week.

Also not sure how much I blame the defensive pressure. Part of me is thinking that missing players/injuries caused us to tire late. Couldn't tell if Barnes got in. I think I saw Gooden a play or two. And when Washington went out holding his arm, I knew things were going to come Walker's way (nice holding interception) a lot. I'd vote him at least 1/2 a goat.