*The opinions expressed in my weekly thread are mine alone, but are probably endorsed by the majority of level-headed, even-keeled Ravens fans...

HEROES:

1) Le'Ron McClain- A premium blend of shifty elusiveness and smashmouth ground & pound, he is quickly becoming my favorite Ravens back. Another week, another touchdown...

2) Ray Lewis- You are timeless and playing some of the best football I have ever seen you play...A healthy #52 is more than worth his weight in gold, even in these harsh economic times...

3) Todd Heap- Welcome back, HEEEEEAAAAPP! Hopefully yesterday's performance is a harbinger of you returning to Pro Bowl form on a more consistent basis.

4) Derrick Mason- A first down machine who I've come to admire for his sheer will to get to the ball and gain yardage afterwards. Are you sure you're 34-years-old?

5) Terrell Suggs- Nevermind the senseless roughing call of an effeminate referee, you simply harass the QB non-stop all game and cause him to make mistakes...Now if only said effiminate referee would learn to recognize and call "holding" on the O-linemen, you'd truly be unstoppable.

GOATS:

1) NFL Officiating- Dude, I don't know who you are or where you live, but when every sports highlight program unanimously agrees that your roughing call was a load of fertilizer, you may want to consider a) Stronger glasses or b) Another vocation. Overall, I'd rate the officiating of yesterdays game a D-minus :grbac:

2) Matt Stover- Brother, I love you to death and for a long time you have been the primary source of offense for this team, but I'm getting pretty worried that your accuracy isn't what it once was. Notice that we've lost the past two games by a FG each time and I think you understand where I'm coming from.

3) Yamon Figurs- Since returning from your injury, you've been an indecisive basketcase. With a limited offense, we NEED you to perform up to your potential! :hammer:

4) Coach Harbaugh- Another week, another overabundance of silly penalties and personal fouls. Don't even get me started on wasting timeouts in consecutive games because we can't get plays run on time...Up your game, coach...I know you have it in you...

5) Joe Flacco- Listen man, I understand better than anyone that you're a rookie, but the offense has been Dilfer-ized especially for you, so that you DON'T throw the game away with that strong arm of yours. Work on your decision making and stop randomly reverting to a Division I-AA QB, especially when coverage on our receivers is good. I'll tell you this: I'd much rather see Bazooka Joe or even The Average Joe out there than "Sloppy" Joe...:grbac: