Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable

Unbelievable

OK...I'm going to stand out on an island now, bring your worst. I was just reading the game thread and you freaking people are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! We start the season 2-0 against really, REALLY bad teams, and everyone is suddenly thinking 10-6...12-4....playoffs are a lock, etc. Now, after 2 losses, y'all are ready to call Flacco a bust. WTF!!!

Phrases like...'Don't know if we have a consistent answer at QB yet'.....'He absolutely stinks when rolling out to his right...I mean his 3 INT's (including the one that was overturned) were Neil O'Donnell esque.' Again I ask...WTF??

Lest we forget...rookie QB, that played at a D1-A school...rookie head coach... the same "lousy receivers" most everyone was bitching and moaning about in the preseason...not to mention the "aging defense, with it's over-rated, over-the-hill, leader" Does anyone else remember that stuff being said on these very boards about a month ago?? Am I pissed we have lost 2 VERY winnable games...damn right I am. Honestly, does it surprise me that we are 2-2...not in the least. Hell, if the Clowns had shown 1/10th what they had last season, we'd be looking at 1-3.

I'm beginning to think that some Xanax or Lorazepam may be in order for some of you. Just in case anyone forgot...Squeelers are 3-1 and the Titans are 5-0...it's not like we just got rolled by the Chiefs for f*cks sake!! Think back on what you thought our overall record for the season would be during preseason....I seem to remember seeing lots of 8-8's....7-9's....a few were predicting above .500 but most were just praying for anything above last years disaster. Personally I think there was WAAYYYY too much KOOL-AID being drunk after week 2. It's a long season, and Joe is gonna have ups and downs, Harbs is gonna call good games and bad, the D is gonna look bad sometimes, great others.

Again, these are all my opinions, and we know how that goes. Should we expect better out of the team than they showed today?? Perhaps, but let's not forget where we came from, and how bad it really was last year. Now, I'm ready to duck and dodge the slings and arrows you see fit to throw at me.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Blog Entries

Re: Unbelievable

Up to a point I agree. I was saying after the first two wins that people should put it in perspective and remember that Flacco is a rookie who is going to have bumps in the road ahead and that whilst we are better than most thought, we still aren't playoff ready.

This team would be 4-0 with a real QB. That's not to say Flacco sux, he is just what he is, a green rookie.
    Sad, but get used to it.
    I know everyone is going to blame the D, but quite frankly they are the only thing that kept us in the game that long.
    A real Veteran QB and we are easily 4-0. Even with Boller I believe we would be 4-0. But alas these are the cards we were dealt, and a playoff caliber defense is going to go wasted on a rookie QB that should be watching.
    Oh well, 2-2 ain't all that bad and the kid does show promise.

You have got to be kidding me. BOLLER he could not have made half of the throws Flacco has and he definitely would have more turnovers.

Blog Entries

Seriously, give it a break. Boller wouldn't have led the O on a game-tying 4th quarter drive against Pitt. He wouldn't have made some of those tight throws into coverage Flacco has.

Stop being a wind-up merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Up to a point I agree. I was saying after the first two wins that people should put it in perspective and remember that Flacco is a rookie who is going to have bumps in the road ahead and that whilst we are better than most thought, we still aren't playoff ready.
    Exactamundo!!!

Put way better than what I said. Lot shorter too. :D
    Last edited by RvnFanInIndy; 10-05-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: cause I'm an idiot and over-emoticonned
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

I agree about Boller, I don't think he could have led us to Ws. What really strikes me about Flacco is his ability to keep drives alive. I mean, I don't know what his stats are exactly, but he seems to be money on 3rd downs. Sure, he's making mistakes, but he'll learn, and I have no reason to believe he won't be a great QB

It is sad to see all this awesome defense go to waste, but really, there's not much we can do about it

We're a better team WITHOUT Boller. Never was impressed with him...

Flacco shows promise and poise for such a young guy. We are going to experience some growing pains. You had to expect that once a couple of losses came our way that people would change their tune.

We need to be patient as we have a new coaching staff and rookie QB. There is promise, but we cannot expect greatness overnight.

Do we have a change in our division? Sure! a .500 record might get you into the playoffs!

Just my two cents...

[QUOTE=Lee Van Cleef;101088]Up to a point I agree. I was saying after the first two wins that people should put it in perspective and remember that Flacco is a rookie who is going to have bumps in the road ahead and that whilst we are better than most thought, we still aren't playoff ready.[/QUOTE]

How can you say that. You have no clue if we are ready. This is a team that could easly be 4-0 right now. We are playing beyond expectations right now, and the D is looking like the team of 2006. Yes Flacco will have bumps, but by no means would we be better with Boller PERIOD! We have a young O-Line that was beating up a great Tenn front 4 all day. This is a very good football team that just lost 2 games hey had won, and this is a team that if Pitt starts to fail due to injuries we could take this division.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I can't believe some of you want to talk about what Boller would have done.

Besides that, I agree with the OP. Good post!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

11. Re: Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    This team would be 4-0 with a real QB. That's not to say Flacco sux, he is just what he is, a green rookie.
    Sad, but get used to it.
    I know everyone is going to blame the D, but quite frankly they are the only thing that kept us in the game that long.
    A real Veteran QB and we are easily 4-0. Even with Boller I believe we would be 4-0. But alas these are the cards we were dealt, and a playoff caliber defense is going to go wasted on a rookie QB that should be watching.
    Oh well, 2-2 ain't all that bad and the kid does show promise.

There is nothing unbelieveable about any of this -- first of all, you are making a mistake if you think the game thread is an accurate barometer on what we are all thinking. Those posts are literally made while the game is happening, and we all get caught up in the emotion of the game while it is actually taking place. Twenty-four hours later, people may have different thoughts after they've had time to cool down.

And second, Flacco is a rookie and is going to make rookie mistakes, but since he is our starting QB, he's not above criticisim. I don't think we're giving up on him by any means, but if he makes a bad play, it's okay for us to point out that he made a bad play. I think he's willing to admit those were bad plays himself, so why shouldn't we?