Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's with all the complaining???

NEWS FLASH - Joe Flacco is a rookie QB and this was only his fourth game this season. Flacco is not Boller. We got so jaded with Bollers' bad play that it seems some people don't know how to take Flacco. Benching him is not the option. Even Favre had bad games and look at the span of his career. Flacco is growing and learning. We have one wide receiver in Derrick Masson as the other two are doing their best Travis Taylor imitations.

We never expected this team to do much this year. Winning the first two against division rivals was a good start but, in my opinion, put a lot of expectations on fans hearts and minds.

Why is it that this town needs to complain about everything? There is a lot to learn on this team as it is an entire new culture there that will take time to grow.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Re: What's with all the complaining???

Complaining about people complaining makes you a complainer. You must not be from Baltimore if you are just realizing the fans here are as bad as anywhere else.

No I'm local and been here my whole life. My point is that it seems on every sports show in town, even when were winning, someone is always wanting the QB to be fired or dropped from the team. We're a team with a rookie head coach and QB and they are both learning the ropes.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Well, look at the kind of people who call sports talk radio shows....

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Well, look at the kind of people who call sports talk radio shows....
    True...very true.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    NEWS FLASH - Joe Flacco is a rookie QB and this was only his fourth game this season. Flacco is not Boller. We got so jaded with Bollers' bad play that it seems some people don't know how to take Flacco. Benching him is not the option. Even Favre had bad games and look at the span of his career. Flacco is growing and learning. We have one wide receiver in Derrick Masson as the other two are doing their best Travis Taylor imitations.

We never expected this team to do much this year. Winning the first two against division rivals was a good start but, in my opinion, put a lot of expectations on fans hearts and minds.

Why is it that this town needs to complain about everything? There is a lot to learn on this team as it is an entire new culture there that will take time to grow.
    RACK IT. I've never been as happy after a loss as I was last Monday night. Not as much yesterday, but we have taken 2 of the league's best down to the wire.

Try living in Cincinnati if you want to hear complaining. They're already talking about draft choices on the Bengals radio talk shows.

ITA, I just read another message board where a guy was like, I'm not sold on Flacco, I don't think he has it. Are you serious??!! You can make that assessment after 4 starts in the NFL? And against Shitzburgh, I thought he held his composure very well after the fumbles.

I didn't have high expectations before the season anyway, and I'm gonna keep those expectations a little low for now. There are some things that I didn't like in the first 4 weeks, but I'm not complaining. To lose to 2 good teams by 3 points is more than I can ask for, honestly
    Waiting for the next one!!!

agree. Titans are 5-0 and have best record in NFL. Stoolers are 4-1, took apart the Jax in their house, and arguably #3 in NFL. Ravens took them both toe to toe. neither was a trap game or a fluke.
    Ravens will only get better. They have a handle on how to play; now they have to figure how to win, and I think they will. a good test comes this week; of Hooston could put up 27 on Irsayapolis wi backup qb, Ravens should put up close to that. I don't think the Ravens will face any more Ds like the last two (yes, I know, Stoolers rematch, but in Our house).
    I read Ernie Accorsi's book and he mentioned how KCollins was qb the Giants and they played the Panthers (his original team) and they spanked them and everybody knew it was KC's revenge. I guess yesterday was his payback for 2000. well, ok. see you in the playoffs (next year if not this).
    and, yes, I think we need another receiver.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I am worried 'bout the Irsays! Reason: Walker at D cornerback. Manning will eat him alive, especially if Rex gets cute and does not blitz, ala yesterday?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Flacco's almost cursed himself by playing well the past couple weeks. Suddenly, we forgot he was a rookie and expected more out of him...

I think people in this twon are just nervous that we're going to "Boller" him, write off the mistakes here and there as rookie mistakes, OL problems, receiver problems, playcalling, etc, till one day, we realize...it's just him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a bad QB...on the contrary, I think we've seen leagues of difference between his play as a rookie and the play of KB as a rookie. I'm just saying it's easy for the fans to get nervous because we have so much riding on Flacco now and because we want the guy to have a Big Ben like rookie season. Given what he has to work with and where he's come from, I'd still give him a B for this season. He's looking decent for a rookie QB out of Div 2A, with a young OL, one decent WR, one decent TE, and some ? marks in the running game.

11. Re: What's with all the complaining???

Its great to see a positive post by logical fans. Its just a matter of time though before the lynch mob starts its pursuit of Flac. All through training camp and preseason I was Troy all the way. Flac has been a pleasant surprise! Hes bright and totally composed running the O. He HAS TO MAKE THESE MISTAKES to get to the next level. What doesn't kill will make him stronger. Do not forget we had the steelers and the titans down. The team let them come back. Its a good learning experience for the D too. Once this O clicks, its gonna be a heck of a show. Patience!

We are 6 pts away from 4-0....thats what its all about. It f--ing sucks!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens