Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. is it me or.............

do you think Albert Haynesworth should have gotten a personal foul for tackling Flacco after the whistle was blown for their offsides? I am so sick of these refs

Re: is it me or.............

Yeah I thought it was pretty blatant and should have been flagged. He rammed through the line so fast, when you do that you know there's gonna be a flag and that there's no play. Him tackling Flacco was well over the top and unquestionably should have been flagged.

- C -

3. Re: is it me or.............

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah I thought it was pretty blatant and should have been flagged. He rammed through the line so fast, when you do that you know there's gonna be a flag and that there's no play. Him tackling Flacco was well over the top and unquestionably should have been flagged.

- C -
    And what if Flacco comes down on his shoulder and tears a rotator cuff because of that bonehead tackling him, then that wouldn't have mattered to the refs, huh? This year is going to the refs

Yeah, it should have been a penalty.

As I type this, I am watching Matt Jones of the Jags get thrown to the ground after a reception - a full 4 yards out of bounds. No flag.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There shouldn't have been a flag on EITHER play.

The Haynesworth play happened after a whistle, but he could have done far worse to Flacco for sure. It was clear that he eased up after realizing what happened.

Terrell Suggs got a penalty for tickling Scary Collins' shoulder. It was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen. I can understand a referee MISSING a penalty because he didn't see it, but to throw a flag at a CRUCIAL time in the game for something that simply DID NOT COME CLOSE TO ACTUALLY OCCURRING IN REAL LIFE is pathetic. And the league will admit that this week.

And they wonder why they call it the No Fun League - let the players play. The refs need to get out of the way.

What gets me is that there had to be another official that saw this bad call. Where was he, and why didn't he intervene? I mean, that call changed the outcome, very likely.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I was there, and the play was right in front of me. Suggs did nothing! The NFL has the worst officiating of any major sports league in the country, if not the world. And Roger Goddell won't do a damn thing about it. He should give the same scrutiny to these part time jerks as he does the players. But we all know that a'int gonna happen.

8. Re: is it me or.............

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    I was there, and the play was right in front of me. Suggs did nothing! The NFL has the worst officiating of any major sports league in the country, if not the world. And Roger Goddell won't do a damn thing about it. He should give the same scrutiny to these part time jerks as he does the players. But we all know that a'int gonna happen.
    Agreed. I've said for years blame it on instant replay. They don't have to get the calls right and even with video they still blow it.

That call DID change the game. Titans would have been forced to punt and we would have taken the air out of the game. 3-1 Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    Yes but what you didn't see was the malice in Siz's heart. Only the officials can see that.

I stated before that after every game when the NFL reviews the officials they should take away game checks for calls that affect the outcome of a game. Yes for Suggs to get called for trying to bat a ball when his helmet was not touched is just wrong. We stopped them and the officials handed a free 1st down and 15 yards they were not getting from the Ravens! Sad sad sad.... Now was this why we lost the game? Again I would say no. It sure was not a help, however we needed to take that level of play up and stop them from getting points.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    do you think Albert Haynesworth should have gotten a personal foul for tackling Flacco after the whistle was blown for their offsides? I am so sick of these refs
    Yes. Didn't matter because it was still half the distance to the goal...

A flag should have been thrown on Haynesworth, total bullshit!!
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016