Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Suggs penalty

That was absolute bullshit. The penalty should never have been called because the play never should have been run, and for the SIMPLE FACT THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HIS HELMET. FUCK THE REF'S! I am so tired of them fucking games up, they should have there game checks taken away when they ruin the game!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I know I am bitter right now....but I swear that one day there is going to be a drunk/pissed off fan that is really going to beat the hell out of a ref. The NFL has to crack down on these officials. I like Ed H. but he missed a call three weeks ago. Then this? And I love how the Associated Press fails to mention the false start...though they do say that the Personal Foul was bogus.

I am not saying the NFL is out to get us...but I feel the refs are so worried about making the wrong call now a days that they make every F-ing call possible.

The thing is...at least Ed H. got the call right...though he messed it up. By rule, that was the right call after the Instant Replay. This may have been a blown call but you better believe the NFL will not do anything about it.

Blog Entries

David says:
    I know why Miami beat SD now; they direct snapped to Ronnie Brown for another TD run.
    Tobias says:
    jesus, is no one going to catch on to that play?
    David says:
    I'd like to see them try it against the Ravens, taken down the backfield for a loss of 5, then a phantom roughing the passer penalty on Terrell Suggs getting Miami a first down and goal.
    Tobias says:
    hah
    What I said.

Blog Entries

It continued:

David says:
    NE just direct snapped to RB Kevin Faulk on 4th and 2 from the goalline to score a TD.
    Tobias says:
    HAHAHA, ok, so now everyone's doing it
    Tobias says:
    I hope the Bears do it next week
    Tobias says:
    Faulk got two TDs in this game
    David says:
    I hope the Ravens do it against the Colts next week. Punch it in with McClain for the TD, then there'll be a phantom roughing the passer penalty on Terrell Suggs negating the play.
    Tobias says:
    lol, cut that shit out!

Blog Entries

and finally:

Tobias says:
    christ, WTF is with this Bills/Cards game?
    Tobias says:
    Must be the loss of Edwards
    David says:
    I don't know. Watching the Pats, the Zona game is blacked out on Gamepass in the UK.
    David says:
    Probably something to do with a phantom roughing the passer penalty on Terrell Suggs.

The referee attempts to explain this using the "5-15" rule.

There still would have been 5 minutes left but it was a momentum changer.

There was an obvious PI on Ravens 41 that wasn't called right after the blown INT call. Dude never even turned his head...that was clearly the proverbial 'make up' call.

This game was poorly called from start to finish.

Don't remember this from last week, but it's my understanding that the Ref's call this a "five and 15" situation. The false start is ignored and the personal foul is enforced.

It'd seem there's been a few penalties called this way over the season, here's the transcript from the NFL gamebook of the Cowboys vs Eagles MNF game:

PENALTY on
    PHI-58-T.Cole, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DAL 43 - No Play.
    Penalty on DAL-89-T.Curtis, False Start, superseded.
    Seems that the 5 vs 15 penalty does apply, but it still strikes as it coming down the inability of the officiating crew to whistle a play dead. It'd seem that if it occurs, the 5 vs 15 does apply, but if the officiating crew does their job the 15 yard penalty shouldn't have a chance to occur.

9. Re: The Suggs penalty

That's correct.
    They played an interview with the ref in question on the post game show I listened to on the ride home.
    False start is called. If the players continue the play then they let it play out. If let's say the Titans would have completed the big pass play it would have been negated.

The officials should have stepped in and blown the play dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    That's correct.
    They played an interview with the ref in question on the post game show I listened to on the ride home.
    False start is called. If the players continue the play then they let it play out. If let's say the Titans would have completed the big pass play it would have been negated.

The officials should have stepped in and blown the play dead.
    That is a such a bullshit rule becuase if they would have thrown a pick it would not count due to the play truly never occuring. The NFL needs to fix this like yesterday, but besides that there should never have been a flag as it was beyond one of the worst calls of the year (besides the Ed.H call in the Denver game)
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

It makes perfect sense to me to allow personal foul penalties to be called on dead plays. Otherwise you're saying Suggs could have picked up the QB and broken him over one knee and not get a flag because "the play was dead".

My problem with the call is that THEY BLEW IT. He didn't touch the QB's helmet, his hand came down on Collins' shoulderpad. Just a miserable miserable call.

There are too many bad calls in the NFL for all of this to be a coincidence. It only takes one referee to make one game changing call. And, if you notice, they are always in the 4th quarter when the other team has no time to recover. Teams in the NFL are fairly evenly matched and there was only a 2.5 point spread. Tennessee won by 3 points. I say no more. No, I say some of these refs are on the take, and you know what I mean.