Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: The Suggs penalty

If there is a illegal procedure penalty against the offense, the refs no only should blow their whistles but be motioning time is out play dead. Did anyone see this happen? Just a bad call all around. Didn't help us win a game, but defense has to come up big! They only played 57 minutes in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    I think I saw Houston Ravens take & agree. The PF did not lose the game. If the refs don't call the PF, just the False Start, it is now 3rd & 15. If we are an elite D, then we should have stopped them whether it was 3rd & 15 from the 15 or 1st & 10 from the 35. We allowed them 2 long drives. The 1st 1 was the 81 yard drive from their 11 yard line that resulted in the FG, then the 80 yard drive for the TD. The game was dominated by the Ravens except for those 2 drives & that is why we lost the game. The penalty was bogus but that's not why we lost the game. Yes, 13 points allowed should be enough to win a game, but we were playing against a D just as good.

We need to move on & get ready for the Colts
    This thread was an academic question about the rules. Those of us who want to gripe about officiating can do so here, and if we want to talk about something else we can do that in another thread. Those of you jumping in to tell us to stop looking backward, or that the players also let us down, are barking up the wrong tree.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Anybody remember the phantom call on Heap last year against Cinci that cost us the game? SCREWED AGAIN!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Anybody remember the phantom call on Heap last year against Cinci that cost us the game? SCREWED AGAIN!!!
    i sure do.you talking about about in the endzone at the end of the game???

yep...anyone want to hear another one the ref's cost us. I am tired of it. Maybe Arlan Spector get get instant replay for penalties.

Forgetting to move the chains
    Reviewing field goals that are unreviewable
    Phantom calls
    McGahee non call

Every year the refs cost us 1-2 games. Total BS
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

If you want to see really bad officiating, turn on ESPN and watch what Hoculi's crew is doing to the Saints.

It's embarrassing.

PP

PP, I am kinda scratching my head at that one.

Other then the missed face mask, what was wrong?

I dont mind ref's missing calls every now and then. That's expected.

It's when they see the play outright and blow it is when its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    PP, I am kinda scratching my head at that one.

Other then the missed face mask, what was wrong?

I dont mind ref's missing calls every now and then. That's expected.

It's when they see the play outright and blow it is when its embarrassing.
    The obvious incomplete that was ruled complete in which NO had to burn a challenge.

Then they ruled (after about 10 seconds) that Peterson didn't fumble a ball in which NO recovered and was in the midst of running back deep into Minny territory. It was reviewed (was a fumble) yet ruled a non fumble.

Terrible.

PP

Bad calls that change the MOMENTUM of a game are an abomination that, unfortunately, will never fully disappear.

Let's deal with it and get ready to cheer for our team in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Do I? STILL ticked about that, and the Cleveland game in Baltimore.

Why is it that we should have to game-plan for the opposing team AND the refs?

UNACCEPTABLE!!
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    If you watch the replay, you can see the official on the line of scrimmage (bottom of the t.v. screen) running in to stop the play. I don't know if he's actually blowing the whistle, cuz you definately can't hear it.
    but watch it again and see how long it takes him to get on the field from the side. He needed to make the call in a split second, but in the amount of time he took to decide it was a false start, Suggs gets the BS call!!

He wouldn't make it in a game show if he held the buzzer!! Although he may be a Jeopardy answer one day...

Alex, I'll have "Blown Calls" for $1000.00 please....