Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McGahee... No Gain, Loss of One

We pay this guy bigtime bucks, and during one of the most critical situations of the game, he goes for no gain and then loss of one. That is unacceptable. We were 1st down at the 36, so he has to somehow find a way to get a tough 4 yds, so its 3rd and 6 and not 3rd and 11. A lot more managable 3rd down and you can still ran the ball to get into better FG range (a 47-48yd FG in a close game... Stover has gotta step up and make the kick). McClain has proven that he can get those tough yards and Cam is using him in those situations. Was he hurt? McGahee has to learn to duck his head, and drive forward in these situations, like what McClain does. McGahee runs too damn upright. Yea being upright more allows you to see the run play and holes develop better, but Willis has gotta realize in that situation, the Titans are sending everyone, so there will be no lanes to run in. Duck your head and bull forward.

Re: McGahee... No Gain, Loss of One

I never liked getting Willis McGahee anyway.
    I just think we paid too much to get him.

3. Re: McGahee... No Gain, Loss of One

we need someone who can hit the hole up the middle, but if there is nothing there they can bounce it to the outside...McGahee isn't doing that either...I think he is hurt more so than he has led on to..JMHO

It's seemed all year like he's been hurt, and just not doing what he's capable of when fully healthy. I think we need to bite the bullet and let him sit until he gets back to 100%. He's hurting more than helping at this point. Not to mention, McClain is doing just fine as the main guy right now.

Per Casey of WNST, Rice has got a case of fumblitis in practice, so he has lost the coaches' confidence.

I think he still averaged 4 yrds a carry
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Per Casey of WNST, Rice has got a case of fumblitis in practice, so he has lost the coaches' confidence.
    Is this some sort of rookie curse we're being stricken with?:grbac:

That was the second best defense in the NFL. They are going to shut down the run, but it took the 8th and 9th man up to stop us. The coaches should hve called a deep pass or two to keep them honest. Willis is still the #1 back, McLain is a very nice change up, and rice will play when he corects the fumbles.

McGahee vs. McClain rushes

McGahee: -1,4,0,3,3,1,16,3,2,0,6,-1,14,-1,3,3,3,4,1,6,0,1,0,-1
    McClain: 2,4,6,3,6,4,4,7,1(TD),9,5

McGahee: 11 carries of 1yd, no gain, or loss of one --- UNACCEPTABLE!!! It ain't the line b/c look at McClain's numbers. His low was 2yds minus the TD. Also, on that critical drive in the 4Q, McClain starts off the drive going for 9yd and 5yd (he must have gotten dinged up at that point) and then McGahee comes in and goes 6,0,1,0,-1. That 0, -1 on 1st and 2nd down at the 36 again is UNACCEPTABLE. I contend that McClain would have at least gained 4yds in the same situation. If McGahee is too hurt to play well, then the coaches need to have confidence to sub in Rice (Is he doomed to be another one of the our stellar 2nd round draft picks??? Trade that 2nd next year for an established NFL WR b/c our 2nd round picks are cursed). If McGahee would be like Barry Sanders with all the no gains, losses, and then breaks off a 50yd TD run, I would be ecstactic. Unfortunately McGahee's is not that type of back. Flat out, McClain is more valuable to the Ravens this year, and makes a boatload less.

Peterson averaged less than 2ypc last night vs the Saints defense. 21 carries, 32 yards and a fumble or two. That also was not what you want, need, expect your feature back to get, but the Vikes won anyway so it did not matter.

The defense gets paid a lot of money too. The RB is not going to get 4 yards on every carry, but Willis will finish well over 4ypc whe it is all said and done.
    He made the probowl last year on a 5-11 team. He was the only consitant offensive weapon last year, and he is working through some injury issues.
    McClain can not get every carry, and Rice has not proven himself ready to the coaches.

You are going to have to accept this one and get used to Willis for a while.

Willis is a baller and as his health improves, so will his production.

Remember that he was playing against a top 5 defense Sunday.

McGahee was like the 3rd or 4th RB alternate for the Pro Bowl.... wow