Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The Suggs penalty

If it was a "PF-Blow to the Head" penalty, then I want Flacco's fumble against Pittsburgh called a "PF-Helmet to Helmet on the QB".

On that play, Harrison's helmet hit Joe in the cheek. It wasn't malicious, or even intentional, but the officiating should be consistent. If any brush on the helmet is gonna be "blow to the head", than any helmet contact should be a PF too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    If it was a "PF-Blow to the Head" penalty, then I want Flacco's fumble against Pittsburgh called a "PF-Helmet to Helmet on the QB".

On that play, Harrison's helmet hit Joe in the cheek. It wasn't malicious, or even intentional, but the officiating should be consistent. If any brush on the helmet is gonna be "blow to the head", than any helmet contact should be a PF too.
    I think there may have been Malice in Harrison's eyes LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How many plays were there between the penalty and the final TD?

Some perspective on the penalty. While it was a 100% momentum killer, it wasnt the end of the game and NOTHING like what happened to SD.

Supremely bad call? YES!

Cost us the game? Not by a long shot.

Our D still had a chance to stop them and they didnt.
    Exactly. The call sucked but the key to the game was our inability to get to Collins on the last drive. He had too much time to throw on many plays. Give any QB that much time with a depleted secondary due to a blitz and he'll beat you.

To Collin's credit, on the one play where we got to him quickly, he unloaded the ball just before the hit for a completion.

Still, you can't entirely fault the defense for the loss either. Holding a quality opponent to 13 points should be enough for a win.

So did the refs actually blow the whistle and no one was able to hear it? I was at the other end of the field and there is no way I could have heard anything from there. I am still nursing a raw throat from all the screaming. So, does that mean we are too loud and we all bear some responsibility here?

I know this is all pointless anyway since Suggs was called for something he didn't do. Anyone have a link to the video from that supposed beating he put down on Collins? Just in case I am not pissed off enough already...

Anyway, these other stupid penalties must stop. We can't afford them.

I guess what bothers me most is that the head official is right by the QB. If it was a false start I think Collins would have heard the whistle from him and why cant that official jump in front of collins to protect him from an unnecessary hit?

Just wondering, Did anyone actually see them throw the flag for a false start and did the announcer's mention the false start as the play was developing on TV?

If you watch the replay, you can see the official on the line of scrimmage (bottom of the t.v. screen) running in to stop the play. I don't know if he's actually blowing the whistle, cuz you definately can't hear it.

Suggs has a reason to be pissed off. The refs just don't seem to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    That was a very weird call. This doesn't seem right to me at all
    There have been a lot of strange calls this season.

What about consistency within a game.... On our TD drive, Haynesworth encroached and tackled Flacco. No PF call.

I think thats what everyone is getting to. The game was not called consistently. If your going to F-Up once...F-Up the rest of the game.....oh wait they did.

I think I saw Houston Ravens take & agree. The PF did not lose the game. If the refs don't call the PF, just the False Start, it is now 3rd & 15. If we are an elite D, then we should have stopped them whether it was 3rd & 15 from the 15 or 1st & 10 from the 35. We allowed them 2 long drives. The 1st 1 was the 81 yard drive from their 11 yard line that resulted in the FG, then the 80 yard drive for the TD. The game was dominated by the Ravens except for those 2 drives & that is why we lost the game. The penalty was bogus but that's not why we lost the game. Yes, 13 points allowed should be enough to win a game, but we were playing against a D just as good.

We need to move on & get ready for the Colts

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

i havent taken the time to read everyones post but i am gonna say my opinion and ask a question......does it make sense that the referee said they "tried to stop the play"but the players didnt hear the whistle????

thats total bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

if they are gonna throw flags for bullshit hits like suggs trying to knock down a pass,then they better start flagging ray for laying hits on a offensive player every week.

anybody have this referee's email address..... (just so everyone knows I AM KIDDING BOUT HIS EMAIL ADDRESS)

DONT WANT THE POLICE KNOCKING AT THE DOOR