Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We need to finish and replace Stover

We are really struggling to finish the last two teams and Stover is beginning to cost us games. There are too many capable kickers out there. It is the end of a great kickers career.

Re: We need to finish and replace Stover

It's time to take a serious look at Stover's lack of ability now beyond 35 yards.

I wouldn't have thought so till he missed the 45 yarder today. It's not like those things are automatic, but I feel like we can't count on him unless it's inside 40, and that's really dangerous. Time to find a replacement.

- C -

We at least need a KOS. They just can no give up that much hidden yardage in every game.

Blog Entries

You know what occured to me watching this game. None of our Backs are looking like home-run threats. We're good at grinding out drives with 4 yard gains, but none of the guys seem to have breakaway speed. I'd like to see more of Ray Rice to se eif he can give us a bit more explosion.

Blog Entries

The funny thing is its like he's switched; for years he was terrible at kicking off and WAS automatic on FG's, but now he kicks off inside the 5 and can't make a 45 yarder!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    The funny thing is its like he's switched; for years he was terrible at kicking off and WAS automatic on FG's, but now he kicks off inside the 5 and can't make a 45 yarder!!
    Kicking off inside the five is bad.

- C -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Kicking off inside the five is bad.

- C -
    I'm confused......It must be better than having the ball land between the 15 and 25 yd line, right?!?

Someone explain this to me. They bring in a new special teams coach, Jerry Rosburg. He decides it is best to speed up the exchange from long snapper, to holder, to kick.

They work all training camp speeding up the process, and have admitted (after week 1) that Stover is having a hard time with the adjustment. They say his timing is off - he's too fast one kick -- too slow the next -- etc.

Why mess with Stover's timing at all? Isn't he borderline HOF anyway? If there was anyone on our team not in need of adjustment, it was Matt Stover in my mind.

Those who say that Stover "cost us the game" are nuts.

He has the range. His timing is off. Excuse the fu*k out of me, but the dude has been our offense for 10 years. Cut him some slack.

If you want someone to blame, you can blame:

1. Harbaugh for being a complete pussy and not taking even one shot to score a TD from the 28 yard line with 14 seconds left in the half. I was beside myself for that lameass move and I'm still not over it.

2. Flacco for serving up 2 (should have been 3) room-service INTs.

3. The defense for not putting ANY pressure on Collins during that last drive.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I agree, I'm not sure Stover cost us the game, but our current model needs those points. He is starting to get up there in age, perhaps a position that should be addressed in the near future?

The bottom line is we needed more then 10 points today. I know the Titans have a good D, but come on! We need some points on the board!!!!

Growing pains are hard... Today was an example of that.

You can also blame out utterly crappy kick coverage and return teams. Worst I've seen in YEARS. Pretty ironic.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012