Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a little scared...

I'm a little scared about the playoffs this year. Not because I'm terribly worried about any particular opponent, but because there is so much to lose this year.

In the past, we'd be happy to just make the playoffs, maybe win our division and perhaps win one game in the postseason.

Now, I'll be crushed if this team doesn't win the Super Bowl.

I just get this feeling about this year's team, like this is really the year to do it. Things can change so fast from one year to the next, who's to say we'll be anywhere near this good next year?

The way McNair runs the offense, the way Jamal's 3 and 4 yard gains keep the clock moving, the way our defense plays, the reliability of our kicking game, it seems like so many pieces work so well together to make this team a truly difficult opponent. I feel like the pressure is really on them to make it happen one more time.

Re: I'm a little scared...

I hear ya.

Thats the way the NFL is. From one year to the next, you never know how good your team will be, Awful one year, great the next.

The way I look at it is that I will always support my team, weither its good times or bad times.

Just relax and enjoy the ride, we have a great team capable of winning the Superbowl, and it very well could happen, but then again it may not.

If we don't win it all its not the end of the world. We will still have the core of our team returning next year and only a few Free Agents to attempt to retain, and something tells me(maybe only a gut feeling) that AD will not be leaving this team. Just remember that we also have a great GM who knows how to draft talent and we still have a great Defense with alot of young up and comers, and Championship teams are build around great Defenses.

losing now, esp the first game, would be a huge disappointment, and with so many key older players (Ray, McNair, Ogden), you can't expect but so many chances. and I don't see any really overwhelming teams out there this year. one thing I remember about 2000, the Titans looked a level better than anyone, and once the Ravens beat them it was wide open.
    I'm not worried about anyone in the NFC (if we get that far); I just hope the Patriots won't sneak by us. we haven't beaten them in a while.

I believe in the power of positive thinking. You are what you think. Stop all these negative thoughts and enjoy the season for what it is. The Ravens have exceeded most people's expectations.

This is no time to be scared! When we win that first playoff game, you should be estactic, not relieved that we didn't lose. You definitely need an attitude change before festivus kicks in, or you won't enjoy it as much as you should.

Just remember, we are not overwhelming favorites to reach the big game, or favorites at all -- everyone still likes San Diego. So this is an opportunity to win it all when we really aren't expected to (not unlike 2000).

Don't be scared. If the RAvens don't win it all, don't be too disappointed. They are in my estimation the best team in the NFL. That being said, the difference in talent level is so minor in todays NFL, it all comes down to execution. There are 53 guys on the other teams trying to stop the Ravens every week. If they do, it has still been a great season to watch. I will still be disappointed but I can look back at the season and really enjoy what I have seen. The team will be back to fight another day. Sometimes I think that winning it all the 2000 season has set expectations too high for some of us. Enjoy the season for what it is and what it gives you. It is a fun roller coaster and a great time to be a Ravens fan.

No Fear here

Wasn't expecting anything of this nature before the season.
    Gonna ride this train to the last depot, where ever it is!!

There is not a team in the league we cant beat convincingly if we bring our "A" game. Now that the team has played itself into such a good position it would be disapointing to lose. But no one ever won the SuperBowl just coasting through. Each playoff game will be a war. Our boys are as ready an any other team if not more.

I personally am only thinking about the game right in front of us this week and the Chargers game, Once we win on new years eve we can think about the playoffs then

This season has already surpassed my expectations as I had us no better than 10-6 and getitng a WC slot. Do I expect us to win the home playoff game...yes? Will I be crushed if we don't...no? Things seem to be falling into place for this team at the right time...let's ride the purple wave and see where it takes us.

FM

11. Re: I'm a little scared...

I feel u Fade to Black, but hey all that matters is we're in the playoffs. I would've been more scared if we didnt make it in but we did and not only that we won our division and we WILL finish no better than a #2 seed. Expect the chargers-ravens SUPER BOWL because i dont see anyone including the Bears in the NFC beating us or the Chargers in the super bowl

Wasn't expecting anything of this nature before the season.
    Gonna ride this train to the last depot, where ever it is!!
    Amen. It's all gravy from here on out.
    Oderint dum metuant