Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 34 of 34
  1. #25

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion



    But since then, have drafted Pashos in the 5th, Brown in the 4th, Adam Terry in the 2nd, and Chris Chester in the 2nd. Look around the league, the vast majority of O-lineman are late round picks or UDFA. It would be really stupid to draft an offensive lineman in the middle of the first round. But we've pick OL in the 2nd of our last two drafts.
    That was my take on the situation 3-4 months ago. It has changed since then.

    My problem lies in the fact that these guys aren't even seeing the field.

    They may be young and inexperienced but are they NOT good enough to replace the likes of Keydrick Vincent and Mike Flynn? And if they are CLEARLY NOT good enough to replace these guys, then why don't we dip into free agency?

    My problem is that Vincent and Flynn played HORRIBLY last season, yet they are STILL STARTING! Yes, we've *partly* adressed the need for OL in the draft, but it seems the guys we're drafting are projects and not ready to contribute. It seems that we need an immediate impact on the OL, yet it is continuing to be ignored.

    Pashos is unproven and doesn't have a veteran backup. Apparently Terry can't play RT and needs MORE time. Chester didn't even start a full season in college at O-line and brown apparently cannot make the line calls. My question is WHY the hell can't a 2nd year 2nd round OT crack the starting lineup on our shitty line? Why can't a 2nd year first team AA and iron man in Jason Brown knock off Keydrick Vincent and Mike Flynn? Huh?

    I'll say it again: if they REALLY and LEGITIMATELY are NOT good enough to start, then why are we keeping one of the worst OL's in the NFL together?

    I'll be glad to eat my words on this one. The rest of our team is stacked, but the OL is a worry of mine.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Florida (Venice area)
    Posts
    532

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy
    That was my take on the situation 3-4 months ago. It has changed since then.

    My problem lies in the fact that these guys aren't even seeing the field.

    They may be young and inexperienced but are they NOT good enough to replace the likes of Keydrick Vincent and Mike Flynn? And if they are CLEARLY NOT good enough to replace these guys, then why don't we dip into free agency?

    My problem is that Vincent and Flynn played HORRIBLY last season, yet they are STILL STARTING! Yes, we've *partly* adressed the need for OL in the draft, but it seems the guys we're drafting are projects and not ready to contribute. It seems that we need an immediate impact on the OL, yet it is continuing to be ignored.

    Pashos is unproven and doesn't have a veteran backup. Apparently Terry can't play RT and needs MORE time. Chester didn't even start a full season in college at O-line and brown apparently cannot make the line calls. My question is WHY the hell can't a 2nd year 2nd round OT crack the starting lineup on our shitty line? Why can't a 2nd year first team AA and iron man in Jason Brown knock off Keydrick Vincent and Mike Flynn? Huh?

    I'll say it again: if they REALLY and LEGITIMATELY are NOT good enough to start, then why are we keeping one of the worst OL's in the NFL together?

    I'll be glad to eat my words on this one. The rest of our team is stacked, but the OL is a worry of mine.
    Everything you said is irrefutable. The F.O. and coaching staff needs some thought redirection. THE 'OLINE IS IMPORTANT.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    I think we all agree that McNair at this point is a better QB than Boller. My only concern here is how much he (McNair) will be able to play this year.
    I think Boller has improved a lot (admitedly, he started pretty rough). He did great during the Viking and Packer games last year (the Browns game was a disaster for all concerned), and has looked good this preseason. Not only has he gotten more experienced (= more comfortable), but he got better weapons now. (To whom was he throwing at first, Kevin Johnson and Travis Taylor?)
    it is an NFL truism that 'any quarterback can pick you apart, if he has time'. at this point, do we think Boller can put up 300 yards on most Sundays, given good protection? I say yes. If/When McNair goes down (how long has it been since he's played all 16 games? how many QBs do any more?), I think Kyle can do ok...
    ...given time!!!




  4. #28

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Edited: Not even worth the time anymore.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-11-2006 at 06:56 PM.




  5. #29

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    I think it has been recently established than virtually any mediocre QB in the NFL can have a career game against the non-existent Green Bay Packers defense which is one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL over the past twenty years.
    That's ridiculous, which makes me think you haven't paid attention to the all Packers games last year, much less all NFL games the past twenty years, but I'll play along since there are no games tonight.

    Did you see the Vikings game last year? Or is the Green Bay game your only point of reference?




  6. #30

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Highwater, you are wasting your time. I think Old19fan got a new handle.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Florida (Venice area)
    Posts
    532

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Boller-trashing - the pastime that wouldn't die.
    Requiem en pace, huh?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM




  8. #32

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Highwater, you are wasting your time. I think Old19fan got a new handle.
    He might not be as redundant as oldfan, but he does appears to have the IQ of a root vegetable. You're right, I'm wasting my time trying to talk sensibly with "Tex"




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    262

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    He might not be as redundant as oldfan, but he does appears to have the IQ of a root vegetable. You're right, I'm wasting my time trying to talk sensibly with "Tex"
    Highwater, regardless of how much any poster irritates you, no personal insults will be tolerated. Consider this a warning.




  10. #34

    Re: Logical, unheated QB discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise
    Highwater, regardless of how much any poster irritates you, no personal insults will be tolerated. Consider this a warning.
    You are correct -- my bad.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland