Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens Wearing All Black For First Playoff Game

The Black Uniforms stink. How many teams in the NFL have Black uniforms half or is it more. Besides it seems like we don't play so great when we wear them. I'm for the Purple.

Re: Ravens Wearing All Black For First Playoff Game

Quote Originally Posted by Civic812 View Post
    i thought they had to have the jerseys approved by the league in order to wear them during the season. From what i saw at the beginning of the year they were not set to wear them at all during the regular season. I hope we wear them this week, i personally like the all black jerseys witht the Halloween movies theme playing over the PA.
    I think because the game time was moved, they are allowed to ask the league to wear alternate unis.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

They wore black on the darkest day in Ravens history - Sept 11th 2005, home opener against the Irsays. That's the night hundreds of so-called Ravens fans cheered lustily for an injury to one of our own players. :(

Ravens Fans have done well this year. We're making a comeback from that embarrassment but we still have a long way to go. I don't want any reminders of that terrible game or that terrible season to screw up the mojo we have going now.

We haven't worn black all year and we're 12-3.
    DON'T CHANGE A THING! (knock on wood! ;) )

jmhao.

I like the black unis. They're awesome and very intimidating. I'll be sporting my black Kyle Boller jersey on sunday.
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!! YOUR 2010 BALTIMORE RAVENS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinFrederick View Post
    Besides it seems like we don't play so great when we wear them.
    It may not be due to the jerseys...just a thought

The Black unis are pretty kewl in my book...They do need a few adjustments here and there, but overall, I like them...

Looks like we're gonna be "Back in Black" this Sunday, which means the Bills might end up "Thunderstruck"...:D

This link confirms it...Ravens in the black unis for the Bills game...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e.jsp?id=15745

I don't give a rip if they play in their tighty whiteys...as long as they win!
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

I don't like this one bit . . . . change NOTHING for this game.

I'm starting to get that sick feeling in my stomach. I've tried to remain calm this entire week and now I'm starting to lose it. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep worrying about this game on Sunday. I have become consumed and obsessed. This does not bode well for my family life or work
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Here's a bit more on the topic: http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...9&view=archive

Also weigh in with your vote on the home page:http://www.profootball24x7.com/index.php

RAVENS TO WEAR ALL BLACK UNIFORMS V. BILLS. That news...

1. Doesn't make a difference to me...just win baby!

2. Gets me pumped up...I love those unis!

3. Worries me...the team is 12-3 without them and needs to win...why jinx it?

What happened to the rule that we didn't ask for permission in time to wear them this season? And Nestor was right and Bart Scott wrong. Scott said we were wearing them in the playoffs, Nestor said this week.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I bet the NFL gave in to the uni change for the sudden game time change. As for the all-blacks, I love the jersey, hate the pants and shoes (white shoes and leotards). I think the black jerseys would look good with our white pants. I was worried about the change until I realized our superstitions haven't been very accurate this year, we have won away in purple (TB) home in purple, home in white (OAK) and way in white. For once, I am not superstitious about the uni.
    Last edited by middleriverterp; 12-29-2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: misspelled hate
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Ill take em any day. I love em. Would be nice to have a little more purple with them and maybe better design. The more black the better!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens