Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens passing attack is #11 in the league

It took me 5 minutes to find us on the list, because I'm used to looking at the bottom

It's about time!

Re: Ravens passing attack is #11 in the league

I think this is the highest rated offense since the Ted Marchibroda years. This time, it is a balance team with a stout defense and a balanced offense. Time flies.
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!! YOUR 2010 BALTIMORE RAVENS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST

Look at how far we have come. Look at how bright our future is with Williams and Clayton. Even Mason has another 4 years in him, but maybe not as a number 1.

All we need now is a QB of the future; a real one.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

The credit goes to McNair and SuperCoach. Since Fassel was canned McNair has averaged completions to 7 different recievers a game. Who do you take away if you're a D? If Jamal was anything close to his 03 form we would be completely unstoppable. But credit Jamal with giving us just enough to keep defenses honest. I don't think we've lost when Jamal breaks the 75 yd barrier.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

How does Billick go to a OC next season? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe Billick is the only one that can run his offense. Parcells does it as does Brad Childress. Billick should continue as HC/OC and just hire another assistant. Neuheisel seems destined to return to college ball after this season anyways.

What it shows is how broke our running game is -- we are second to last in yards per carry -- if we can fix that with a decent back in the off season we'll be in good shape

Conventional wisdom is that we'll be in cap hell in another year or 2 -- i don't think so --if we can get another draft next year like this one we will do just fine

It's not just the back, IMO. I think the new front line is more mobile and athletic and less of the road grader type we've had the last few years. They hold off the pass rush fine but are not going to be blowing out defensive lines and making holes. Maybe in the off-season we will teach some people to pull and trap and run some screens and make use of the athleticism.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe Billick is the only one that can run his offense.
    Nah, Cavanaugh was probably a good OC but he had no talent. List his WRs and think about it. Fassel just didn't put in the effort, he was coasting in this gig until he got another HC job. He didn't want to be here, Billick talked him into it.

Even better is being ranked 10th in points. I would rather see us drop a little in the run game to achieve the offensive balance we now have.

Blog Entries

Probably, another factor that comes into this is that we changed our Receivers coach. The common factor over years of futility at WR was David Shaw. I was really glad to see the back of him. He was hopeless.

11. Re: Ravens passing attack is #11 in the league

But we're 31st in run offense Not good

This could also indicate that teams are still stacking the box and playing us to run, and thus opening the outside bigtime. With the emergence of DWill and Clayton, we should just attack deep right out of the gate.

That will open things up for the run.