Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THEY won....WE WIN

Forget the score....We lost in O/T, in a hostile place with rookie QB. I ususally hate ANY loss ( especially PUKESBURG), but I'm going to sleep tonight without any indigestion, heartburn, or heartache!!! We'll be ok!! JOE FLACCO!!!

Re: THEY won....WE WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    ....I'm going to sleep tonight without any indigestion, heartburn, or heartache!!! We'll be ok!! JOE FLACCO!!!
    Well, I'm glad you can sleep. I sure as hell can't!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another loss to Pittsburgh on MNF!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I look at the BIG picture. I F'ing hate the Stoolers more then a red headed step child, LOOK at the BIG PICTURE!!!!!! WE ARE BETTER THEN THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    ...LOOK at the BIG PICTURE!!!!!! WE ARE BETTER THEN THEM!!!!!!!!!!
    They WON the freaking game, and we couldn't stop them when we had to. How does that make us better than them?!?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

If we played like this at their house in MNF, imagine what we'll do to them when they come here

We're still gonna win this division

6. Re: THEY won....WE WIN

yep only 4 teams won on the road this week, 9 lost on the road....we will get them here later....lets win vs the titans next week at home.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I like the subject heading; it's a little witty and true.

I think Flacco looked great, considering this is only his third start and it was against a top 5 D and away from home on a Monday night. In addition, he had only one receiving threat since Heap had to block most of the game. You really can't ask much more from a rookie QB under those circumstances.

This win cost the Steelers big time. Their O-line isn't that good already and they just lost a starting guard for the year. Mendanhal is also out for the year now. These injuries will definitely help the Ravens.

I hope the Ravens aren't worn out too much for this Sunday against the Titans. Luckily, the next couple of games after won't be that physical.

All in all, I was fully expecting Flacco to struggle much more. Instead, he looks like a decent QB already.

Agreed.

The score does not tell the whole story.

Yeah, it's a loss. There is no doubting that or taking anything away from Shittsburgh. BUT, what I saw was a good team get much better. We have legit weapons on offense now.

I am feeling a lot better about next week's game.

The Ravens did exactly what they needed to win this game. Unfortunately, they also did exactly what they needed to do to lose the game. Stupid penalties and poor ball protection. The ball protection will come. Flacco is still a rookie and is adjusting to the speed of the game. The Johnson 15-yarder penalty is maddening. The Steelers always seem to get into the Ravens' heads. What impressed me was Flacco's ability to shake off the turnover and mental mistakes, to orchestrate a pivotal scoring drive.

For playing our first game against a "Somebody" team, They did just about everything right to win the game... except win.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    What impressed me was Flacco's ability to shake off the turnover and mental mistakes, to orchestrate a pivotal scoring drive
    This, to me, is exactly why I went to bed last night feeling good about a loss.

QB's who remain calm, after what had to of been the worst 20 seconds of football time ever, are a rare breed.

I am no longer a doubter about Joe. I can now see why Cam Cameron likes this kid.

I agree .. we won big time. Did you see Ray talking to JJ? I am sure this loss will pull our team together more. Ray and the D were so happy with the long O drives that they will make it happen next week.

We only have 1 loss and we will get that back at OUR HOUSE !!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

He is going to be a phenomenal QB. He just needs to work on his pocket awareness a bit more. I was very impressed with his poise. Sans the couple mistakes, he does not look like a rookie out there. For the first time since I can recall, this teams offense is starting to shine, and that is a big thanks to Flacco and the rejuvenated o-line.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!