The first half reminded me of the Titans game last year.

It wasn't quite as bad, but the way our OLine just got dominated made me have flash backs to that game.

Flynn isn't good to begin with, but if you put a big strong NT right on him, he has no chance. Pat Williams kicked his ass just like Haynesworth did last year and Hampton does twice a year.

It was like a jail break every time we dropped back to throw...

This is the same Viking defense that the Steelers shredded on thier first drive last week. The main difference between us and the Steelers? The offensive line.

Re: The first half reminded me of the Titans game last year.

Well the Stealers didn't look so hot against the Eagles, a defense I thought we played well against albeit not finishing off the drives.

Well the Stealers didn't look so hot against the Eagles, a defense I thought we played well against albeit not finishing off the drives.
    The stealers are going to destroy us if we don't find some way to lock down the right side of the line. If Pashos plays like he did last night agaist the stealers, they are going to be carting Mac off the field on a stretcher.

I'm trying to see what game you were looking at. The interception by McNair was do in part by the intense pressure that came from the guy blowing by Ogden. One of the sacks came on a pulling play. We're not mentioning the Right Tackle position. That's where we need immediate help. Waiver wires!!! Try anyone. But Flynn didn't suck last night. For that matter, the team that we'll see on the field in September didn't suck too bad either. 13-7. That's about what I saw when the 3rd teamers started making appearances.

There is no sugarcoating it, the starters played like shit. The OL played like shit. Many of the starters on defense played like they didn't even care. I don't care about scores, but I do care about desire.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Who would desire to play hard for a game you don't get paid for and means nothing in a league that will throw you out onto the trash heap the moment you get that career ending injury? Unless you are that guy who is trying to make the team, which describes none of our Friday night starters on either side of the ball, you have little reason to play your ass off.

If you are a competitor, you care. I understand that...I want to sink a 15-foot birdie putt at miniture golf as much as I do on the course.

Do you mean to tell me that the Vikings' starters cared more about the game than our guys did? And when the Vikes started pushing our guys around, that our guys just took it? If so, I'd say that you don't understand the competitive spirit.

I think our OL looked like shit because they simply are not very good. And haven't been very good since that first Giants game drive. The fact that McNair has been able to complete as many passes as he has is testament to his skill under fire. But what really bothered me was that the opposition is still stacking the box.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Should we really blame the OL line ? The coaches knew who was coming back this year. Yes the OL didn't perform well but the coaches know each of these players and are watching this same OL week after week and make no changes. So really who should we blame ?? With this late in the pre season we can only hope they get better as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    I think our OL looked like shit because they simply are not very good.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I don't usually get too worked up over preseason games for all the usual reasons, but the performance of the OL in this last game was frightening. If they play like that routinely, we're in serious trouble.