1. Any Madrileños?

I'm in Madrid until the end of the year and I'm just wondering if you guys know of anyone on this board or the scout board who lives there. It would be cool to watch some games together or something. I'm so excited for tomorrow because it will actually be the first game I get to watch this year.

Re: Any Madrileños?

Not to the best of my knowledge. The only European Ravens fans we've ever had contact from are Danes, Germans and Swedes, to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Not to the best of my knowledge. The only European Ravens fans we've ever had contact from are Danes, Germans and Swedes, to the best of my knowledge.
    Yep that's pretty much how I see it as well. We did have a few thoughts on a EuroRavens nest/club but support was not really there. NFL is not shown much in Spain, and I do not think there is much current interest.

Wear your Ravens shirt around town (Tuesday Morning I hope will be a good time) see if anyone says anything.

You are however most welcome to hang with us. :celery

What would we need to do to become a proper nest? I've always wondered what it'd involve.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    What would we need to do to become a proper nest? I've always wondered what it'd involve.
    We went through this about 5 years ago when I came back from the KC game. (:celery and all that) The RN1 guys were ready to give us a nest / flag and all that. However we fell short of their requirements - particularly in number of members. If I remember we did have quite a few people, and we certainly have a lot less now.

As for 'active' members the number is even lower at about 10 !!!!
    (DC / Sto / TD / GMcC / Ben M. / Simon / Chris Q. / Toe / Irish & James).

Quality over quantity !!! :celery :celery :celery :eng: :haggis :ire: :uk:

I think the minimum was 15 or 20 and even then they were bending to try to get us on board. I did have all of the Nest info at one point, but we were not close and then moved away! :(

I think I've still got a copy of all of the nest info in my huge chest of files.

Just checked and I do indeed.

It was a long time ago when the work was done. My emotion was that it would be really neat - but would not really benefit us.

One issue was that I / we have never asked for membership fees / other monies to keep things going. I have paid out cash for some stuff (web fees / postage / trophies) but mainly it's expenses for socials and game trips. Others give up their money and time as well.

The other issue was the meet-ups the Nests are supposed to be social groupings - meeting on a regular basis. We are MUCH more geographically dispersed :eng: :haggis :ire: and (I suggest) socially so - in fact I don't think we could have a more 'diverse' group desipte us all being male 'n' white.