Ot/ Rip Paul Newman

Cool Hand Luke, HUD, and Somebody Up There Likes Me are just but a few of my all-time favorite Newman flicks! RIP Mr Newman
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Wink Re: Ot/ Rip Paul Newman

His best was The Sting.

Other favorites: Exodus, Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid, the Verdict, The Hustler, Absence of Malice.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Ot/ Rip Paul Newman

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    His companied has mad millions over the years and he gave every cent away.

A great American who will be missed.

First Frank, now Newman.

Makes us think about our own mortality.

Well said!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Agree with T .... The Sting was an amazing movie.

I know this may sound odd, but I really hope his food products stay around. They are very good and part of the proceeds go to charity.

how can we have a paul newman thread without mention of probably the greatest sports comedy of all time, "slap shot". newman WAS reggie dunlop and even though he never participated in any of the retrospectives done on the film, by all accounts newman was a gentleman and even did his own skating. i also remember a quote from him regarding the language in the movie, which was very nsfw, saying that he used to never swear but after doing "slap shot", his language was straight out of the locker room. r.i.p paul newman.

"put that lumber in his teeth and let him know you're there!!!!"- paul newman in "slap shot"