Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Plaxico Burress?

Quote Originally Posted by Profootballtalk
    Moving forward, the question is whether Burress and the Giants can co-exist. Given that the signing bonus he received was only $4.25 million, we wouldn’t be shocked if the Giants try to trade him, if Burress can’t get past the fact that the franchise chose to embarrass him publicly, and then opted not to accept his “family reasons” explanation for failing to show up for work.
    Apparently, he and the Giants do not get along and the Giant's may be willing to trade him. What do you guys (and gals!) think is worth giving up in a trade with the G-Men? How about T-sizzle for "plexiglass"? Would it be worth the hassle or am I off my rocker for bringing this up?!?

Blog Entries

Re: Plaxico Burress?

I'm not surprised he doesn't get along with the Giants. He's a consistent headache. How many times have we heard he's missed meetings and pissed off coaches?

He's not a team player in the slightest and I doin't think the Ravens would reform him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    How about T-sizzle for "plexiglass"?
    Suggs is playing at the highest level right now. Who would step up to replace him? Although Burress (even if he straightened out) would be a welcome addition to the WR corps, the impact to the Defense would be too great.

It's a moot point, anyway. harbaugh would not want Burress' antics.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

He is a hell of a player. I would think about it, but not at the price of Suggs.

They gave him a new contract and he was a huge reason they won the SB. The teams that have real #1 Wrs know what they have and do not give them up easy.

I was inthe Suggs for Boldin preseason camp... and I like Plaxico as a player, btu I'm a million miles from this one. Boldin is better, younger and less injury prone, and that was during the preseason, now the season has started.

I still can't believe any of you would still want to trade Suggs.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There is no way we can sign Suggs for what he wants. If we can get a #1 Wr for him I say do it. Other wise play out the season and tag him again and trade him if he complains too much about it.

You're saying we should trade away the future of our pass rush. Trevor Pryce only has so many years left. So what would Baltimore be without a pass rush? 5-11....We can pick up a great WR in free agency, we don't need to give away our defensive identity to do it. That would be like Cleveland trading Braylon Edwards for Adalius Thomas. Sure AD would bolster Cleveland's defense in a big way but Edwards is the future of the Browns. Suggs is the future of the Ravens, his best years are definitely ahead of him and we should have signed him to his big contract last year while he his numbers were down. Every year the highest paid defender changes and that just comes with the salary cap going up every year.

Didn't we not push to sign him when he was a free agent because Billick kept telling Ozzie that Clarence Moore was his tall downfield threat and we didn't need him?

Blog Entries

why is it all the good #1s are headcases?

TO, Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress, Randy Moss, Steve Smith...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

My comment about Tsizzle was just that, a comment. He's the guy that came to mind off the top of my head. Honestly, I'd trade Bart before I traded Suggs, but Suggs being in a contract year would be easier to do.

This was really just a "thinking out loud" moment so don't think I would necessarily like this trade if it were to come up......

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    My comment about Tsizzle was just that, a comment. He's the guy that came to mind off the top of my head. Honestly, I'd trade Bart before I traded Suggs, but Suggs being in a contract year would be easier to do.

This was really just a "thinking out loud" moment so don't think I would necessarily like this trade if it were to come up......
    Every GM in the league would trade Scott before Suggs. The reasons are numerous.

BTW, Scott is in a contract year as well.

PP