Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: One more source writing off the Ravens...

Showtime

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I was a bit disappointed in Jamison Hensley's scouting report breakdown. He had us losing 13-10 a few days ago, now it's 20-6.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...4965.htmlstory

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    I was a bit disappointed in Jamison Hensley's scouting report breakdown. He had us losing 13-10 a few days ago, now it's 20-6.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...4965.htmlstory
    Rolle and Washington being out makes a big difference between then and now in my mind.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Rolle and Washington being out makes a big difference between then and now in my mind.
    Whatever. These so-called "experts" who try to predict the score are talking out their ass. So because Rolle and Washington are out, now we'll only score 6 points instead of 10? I guess the second cornerback is vital for those extra 4 points. :grbac:

Where are you guys hearing Washington is out? All the reports I've seen/heard list him as probable.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Washington should be ready and I thing he will end up on Holmes most of the game. I am also not as worried about Ivy and Walker in this game. I think we can actually put Walker on Ward or Miller with some saftey help and be fine. He seems fine against guys with average speed, and he really did lock down Winslow 1 on 1 several times last week. Ivy can cover the rb, or if they have any midget Wrs. He is actually pretty good at coveing TEs and backs also, he is just not a corner. I think we will match up very well with this offense even without Rolle because they are not going to be able to block our front 4, so we can double or blitz at will.

The Ravens O line should be able to push the front 7 of the Steelers off the ball even better than they did the Browns. Even if they had Hampton in the Middle, I don't think he is as stout as Rodgers, and none of the front 7 is more than 300 pounds.

Big plays, turnovers or a bunch of rookie mistakes I do not expect to see from Flacco are what the Steelers are going to need to keep this game close. I really do not see the weapons or bunch of dangerous players that may cause matchup problems. Troy P missed most of the week with a quad injury, so I doubt he will be able to stop both the run and the deep middle pass with his normal change of direction and explosion. Harrison will be double blocked on long yardage passing downs, and unless they cause confusion in the protection, they do not have anyone I am that concerned with blocking 1 on 1, the way they are going to have to be looking at the film of how the Ravens got to Anderson behind a better line than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Where are you guys hearing Washington is out? All the reports I've seen/heard list him as probable.
    From the Baltimore Sun today.

"Steelers pass offense vs. Ravens pass defense: The Ravens have the top-ranked pass defense, but this is where they could be vulnerable. With Samari Rolle out with a shoulder injury, the Ravens are expected to start either Corey Ivy or Frank Walker, both of whom struggled mightily in the preseason. Fabian Washington, who is day-to-day with a neck injury, could play on third downs."

If this is wrong and Washington plays then I feel much better. I just remember how awful our secondary was last year when Rolle, and McCallister were out...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

"Steelers pass offense vs. Ravens pass defense: The Ravens have the top-ranked pass defense, but this is where they could be vulnerable. With Samari Rolle out with a shoulder injury, the Ravens are expected to start either Corey Ivy or Frank Walker, both of whom struggled mightily in the preseason. Fabian Washington, who is day-to-day with a neck injury, could play on third downs."

If this is wrong and Washington plays then I feel much better. I just remember how awful our secondary was last year when Rolle, and McCallister were out...
    That is not all the Ravens were missing in tha game. McNair had his nuts strapped to his shoulder. J.O. was playing on one foot. Hampton was rag dolling Flynn or Chester is Flynn was beat up. Heap was out, Wilcox was out and Pryce would have sacked him withiut the wrap on his broken wrist. Terry was hurt and there was nothing going on on offense to allow the D to recover form the early lead.

The second half they managed to get it together and put a beatdown on the running backs and line as hey tried to kill the clock on the ground. They eventually starting throwing again to move the chains but did not torch us like in the first half.

The week 17 game actually mattered also, and the same defense that beat McNair down for the count and battered Boller, got gashed by Troy Smith and Cory Ross.
    There is nothing in these highlights that suggests it is some sort of a preseason game. Most of the players in these highlights will suit up tonight.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80599e53

Blog Entries

But we had no pass rush AT ALL!! Its a different year and Big Ben won't have all day to pick apart the secondary.....

My homeboy Haloti Ngata will cave in that anemic Squeelers O-line early and often enough to give relief to our secondary, while T-Sizzle and company make Worthlessburger as uncomfortable as a Squeeler fan at a spelling bee...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Off topic .... where did you see Inside the NFL? Canceled by HBO, and picked by _____?
    Showtime