Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One more source writing off the Ravens...

Man, has anybody noticed that it seems like literally everybody thinks the Ravens are a joke this season? We all know about that idiot Ron Cook's comments about his precious Steelers supposedly going to beat us "35-10....Seriously." I've also read where one board on here said that it seems like the League has this grudge against Baltimore (which I kinda find it hard to believe that the constant bad calls and screw overs every year is just coincidence, but that's a different story.)

I don't know if anybody knows of the site www.sportsecyclopedia.com I think it's pretty cool, but I've come to realize that the guy who posts/updates the site is definately not too fond of the Ravens. Every week before the games, he has a Week Update of what his predictions are. These have been his predictions so far each week:

Week 1:
    "Bengals 27 Ravens 17

The Bengals have a great Quarterback and solid receivers even the colorful Chad Johnson Ocho Cinio. However, the difference make will be T.J. Houshmandzadeh. On the other had their defense leaves allot to be desired, fortunately for the Bengals they won't need a good defense against Joe Flaco who is making his NFL debut."

Week 2:
    "Texans 24 Ravens 13

Last week the Texans were torn apart by the Steelers while the Ravens stunned the Bengals. Both teams are relatively on even terms, as the Ravens defense is in its twilight, while the Texans are in dawn. Look for the sun this week to come up for Houston, as the Texans dodge Hurricane Ike, and lay the smackdown on the Ravens at home."

Are you serious?

Week 3:
    "Ravens 17 Browns 13

It is starting to look as if the Browns 10-6 record last season was merelt a marage, as they have been out of sync from the start of the preseason, After dropping their first two games at home the now face a must win on the road at a division rival. Must wins on the road at division rivals are never a good thing in September and it won't be good for the Browns who fall to 0-3."

(notice how he never acknowledged the Ravens playing well, but only that the Browns will barely lose.)

Week 4:

"Steelers 20 Ravens 10

The Ravens are 2-0, does anybody think this team is seriously one of the top teams in the NFL. I did not think so. Look for them to march into Pittsburgh 2-0 and march out bruised battered and exposed. Look for a big day from the Steelers defense as they fest of the young Joe Falcco, while Ben Roethlisberger keeps on his feet long enough to win the game by at least ten points."

This guy is a joke. I mean the most ridiculous one was his prediction for this weekend. Why can't anybody just admit that the Ravens are playing good, solid football right now? That they've been a big surprise so far? I'm not asking that they crown them as this year's Super Bowl champs (though I hope that eventually happens), just don't be so ignorant and almost border-line "denial" that we're good.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Re: One more source writing off the Ravens...

Not suprising. Roasting the ravens is where most of these chuckle heads got started. Billick bashing was all they ever did even when we were winning.

They are underestimating the talent on this team because we got no props for 2006. They were so focused on SD, Indy and NE, they did not even notice how well the Ravens played when healthy.

The part that is and always has bothered me the most is the notion that the defense is "in its twilight" or Ray is "slowing down" or any cheap shots at the defense. For all the things that went wrong last year we still had the #6 ranked unit and gave up less ypc than the Vikings, who they were all hyping up despite having the last ranked pass defense.

I do not expect to see Ravens highlights in the first couple games on a show, or read about the Ravens on the top of a national sprts page, but to think they are going to be bad or average is is to not be paying attention. 4 defensive starters are over 30 and they are all playing at a pro bowl level right now. The offense has killed the clock and stomped on 2 division rivals that beat us 4 times last year. Both games could have been 35-3.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I say bring it on.Media piss on the Ravens all day long.As long as the Ravens have the last laugh.And ram that ball back down the teams throats who were supposed to win.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Understand something ....

We ARE a one dimensional team right now on offense. Flacco is untested since our running game has been doing so well.

Steelers are going to force Flacco to throw the ball and they have the D to make that happen -- even without Hampton.

With that said, there is some definite hating going on right now. We're a LOT better then we are getting credit for in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Understand something ....

We ARE a one dimensional team right now on offense. Flacco is untested since our running game has been doing so well.

Steelers are going to force Flacco to throw the ball and they have the D to make that happen -- even without Hampton.

With that said, there is some definite hating going on right now. We're a LOT better then we are getting credit for in the media.
    I disagree that we are one dimentional on offense. The Ravens have come out throwing just finished teams off with the run. Joe went 7 of 7 to start the game last week, and I expect that Cam will call for some deep shots early if the Steelers stack the line. Troy P missed practice all week with a quad, and I don't think any of the other guys they have are all that. None of them suck like in the Clowns secondary, but Troy is the only dangerous playmaker and at less than 100% he will not be able to stop the deep pass and the run.

6. Re: One more source writing off the Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I disagree that we are one dimentional on offense. The Ravens have come out throwing just finished teams off with the run. Joe went 7 of 7 to start the game last week, and I expect that Cam will call for some deep shots early if the Steelers stack the line. Troy P missed practice all week with a quad, and I don't think any of the other guys they have are all that. None of them suck like in the Clowns secondary, but Troy is the only dangerous playmaker and at less than 100% he will not be able to stop the deep pass and the run.
    I agree. I think Flacco did an excellent job early moving the offense and throwing the ball with great accuracy to the outside.

Of course he will need to read a good blitzing defense in a hostile environment this Monday. It will be his next test. If he can keep the offense moving and not turn it over the Ravens have a great chance for an upset.

UNDER THE RADAR!! I SAY KEEP IT THAT WAY...

I like it when the media gives us no respect, we do better! last year they considered us contenders, and we sucked, the year before they said we sucked and we went 13-3, and so on. I can think of that trend all the way back to 2000, when they thought we sucked, so i Say let them think we are not anything and we will prove them wrong!!!
    Go Ravens!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens45 View Post
    www.sportsecyclopedia.com I think it's pretty cool, but I've come to realize that the guy who posts/updates the site is definately not too fond of the Ravens.
    I smell a Giants fan who hasn't recovered from his 2000 Super Bowl beating yet.

Sportsencyclopedia.com
    Registered to:
    Frank Fleming tank@sportsencylcopedia.com
    177 Spruce St
    Bloomfield, NJ 07003

If you need any more hints, here are his Giants predictions through Week 3.
    Giants 24 Redskins 13
    Expect it to be a banner day at the Meadowlands as the New York Giants play their first home game since the end of the regular season. Since then the Giants have won a Super Bowl in a road trip for the ages and their fans feet have yet to touch the ground. Expect a loud ovation when Big Blue takes the field, and the cheering to never stop as the Giants crush the Redskins.

Giants 34 Rams 10
    The defending Super Bowl Champions coming off a solid win in week one go back to the place the love most the road. It has been over a year since the Giants have lost a home game, as they won a record 11 games on the road last year including the playoffs and Super Bowl. Look for the road warriors to add another notch to their belt as they have little problem against the Rams.

Giants 37 Bengals 13
    Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco it don't matter either way because so far the Cincinnati Bengals are el stinko. At 0-2 don't expect things to get better any time soon, Marvin Lewis may be a good coach, and he was certainly a great defensive coordinator, but it's just not working any more he has lost the team, and the Bengals are starting to look like a lost cause. Against the reigning champs look for them to fall to 0-3 and it won't even be close.
    Did anyone catch the subtle reminder that the Giants won the SuperBowl last year?

Or the fact that in the back of his mind Frank recalls that Marvin Lewis was once a defensive coordinator? (I think that memory might haunt Frank's dreams)

If you look at his 2007 archive, an anxiety-filled Frank predicted the Pats beating up on the Giants, but prefaced it with... "Sigh, any chance the Giants had of winning went up in smoke when Plaxico Burress opened his trap. Shut UP."

Who thinks Frank is a Giants fan, raise your hand?

I like the no respect. Everyone here in bitchburgh thinks it's a blowout for them. I mean really why are they kidding themselves. Philly did what we all know what we going to do.

Push the pocket up the middle, let suggs and bart come off the egde to destroy ben. Pryce will get there and if J.J. puts his hand down look out. I love it when he's rushing the passer.

I said before flacco will need to throw downfield in this game to win. bad blood, and hard hits. I love this game. Noone thought we make the SB in 2000, we had a us against the world thinking and went to tampa. Same thing this year. Can we be in Tampa again as dark horses?? I would love that.

Ron cook is a ass who thinks he should be the highest paid. What a joke! We will run the ball right down their thoart. that jumbo we suck the life out of the sqeelers. If flacco hit at least two deep one, this over early.

O yes a rookie RB that cough the ball. Anybody else licking their chops. Go gettem boys. After this we will get some:respect

Purple pride in the heart of the beast. IS IT MONDAY YET??

My homeboy Haloti Ngata will cave in that anemic Squeelers O-line early and often enough to give relief to our secondary, while T-Sizzle and company make Worthlessburger as uncomfortable as a Squeeler fan at a spelling bee...