Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: They're Not Going To Know What Hit Them

This game lets us know how good we really are. Our D had its swagger back so it's time to kick some ass!!

Blog Entries

Re: They're Not Going To Know What Hit Them

I'm not feeling good about tonight.

It's Show Time

I was confident about this game all week, now not so much.

Rolle is out and Washington might only play on 3rd down if at all...

Ben is going to torch Ivy and Martin all game long...

Is it just me or are our players really soft. They never seem to play through injuries...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I think Rolle is fragile to begin with. He's older, he has a smaller frame, and he is what he is.

I am quietly optimistic about tonight, but that's only because we have all of our pass rushers healthy and Cmac and Reed are both ready to go. Cmac will shut down half the field, and Reed can help with the other side.

Don't think for a moment that Pittsburgh isn't going to be ready for our pass rush. They see tape just like everyone else. Philly exposed some things that I'm sure were corrected during their work week.

It's going to be a defensive slugfest, with a lot of punts. I do not expect our run game to do well, so Flacco will need to make some plays. Let's see if he is up to it. We also need Koch and Figurs to have big games tonight.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post

Is it just me or are our players really soft. They never seem to play through injuries...
    It seems that way especially in contrast to classic Ravens players like McCrary who would play with his knees killing him and Boulware who would play with one of his shoulders falling off..

The Ravens Special Teams Unit will be a surprise hero tonight... Mark it down.

We need this one....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think Rolle is fragile to begin with. He's older, he has a smaller frame, and he is what he is.

I am quietly optimistic about tonight, but that's only because we have all of our pass rushers healthy and Cmac and Reed are both ready to go. Cmac will shut down half the field, and Reed can help with the other side.

Don't think for a moment that Pittsburgh isn't going to be ready for our pass rush. They see tape just like everyone else. Philly exposed some things that I'm sure were corrected during their work week.

It's going to be a defensive slugfest, with a lot of punts. I do not expect our run game to do well, so Flacco will need to make some plays. Let's see if he is up to it. We also need Koch and Figurs to have big games tonight.
    It was not so much missed assignments that was getting Ben beat up, it was mostly missed blocks.
    If a guy can not block very well for 3 weeks, I don't know wat you are going to tell him in week 4 that is going to change that. They do not have a very good line. They had problems blocking the front 4 man to man with 5, and it only got worse when they brought 5 or 6. The Eagles were doing what the Ravens can and will do, stuffing them on first and second down and forcing obvious passing situations and then sending pressure overloads on one side with just 4 or 5 guys and dropping LB coverage on the hot routes like when Ray Jacked up Winslow.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80afd6f8
    Last edited by Jeremiah W; 09-29-2008 at 04:28 PM.

I think the key guys out for the Steelers will help seal it for us more than the Ravens injuries will help the Steelers.

Pitt may have worked on pass protection this week but RB Mendenhall is a rookie and it's hard to teach a rookie how to pick up any blitz, much less the Ravens, in one week.

With Hampton being out, we should be able to establish a decent running game which will give Flacco time to pass and set up play action. Joe will exploit Pitt's corners.

Ravens 21-14.

20-10
    We win... they get 3 of their 10 after an unpretty early turnover...

We run - a lot. Get 37+ Min of clock time
    They look tired at 7:16 of the 4th
    Kronholler spends most of the game telling us all how surprised he is at how bad the squeelers look and how it must be all the injured players. (and sounds like Kyles cousin from South Park all fracking night)
    In the end wee get a W - but according to all but Coach Mike and Rock Hoover it is not because we played well it is because the Steelers had a bad night...

end of line
    Last edited by Khaine; 09-29-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: (stupid typos)
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Blog Entries

I think this sums it up.....