Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

My hopes were slightly dampened by the turnovers (and near turnover that was dropped) against Cleveland last week, but according to Ray Lewis, "Flack may make a rookie mistake, but he rarely makes the same mistake twice." (paraphrased)

I know the Pissburgh is dealing with numerous injuries right now, but I also know that Tomlin is a sharp young coach with a defense that possesses as much pride as the #1 ranked Ravens, which could spell trouble for the future of our franchise when they throw the kitchen sink at him Monday Night.

We'll find out a lot about:

*If he's benefitted from the two home warm-ups and is capable of running an NFL offense in front of a jacked up hostile crowd.

*How he reacts under true pressure and exotic looks.

*Whether his accuracy suffers from nerves or any of the factors listed above.

*His abiltiy to IMPROVISE when a play breaks down.

I personally have a gut feeling that he'll do well enough for us to win and avoid the turnovers that can spell doom for any team with our offensive profile.

I just think that to do it he'll have to deal with and overcome intense situations he has yet to experience against the Bungles and Browns.

Good luck, Flack...We'll be rooting hard for ya!!:ww: :happyanim

Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

I'm a little worried too, but not because of Flacco himself. The offensive line needs to make sure they are firing on all cylinders Monday night to protect Flacco. If they can keep him upright, Joe will be just fine.

As a bonus, I would like to see a touchdown pass.

Keep in mind that Flacco did play football in College and had to deal with loud stadiums that were not on his side, so I think he will handle it. The true test if to make sure we can get the full O line to move at the same time, protect Joe and not lose yards.

My only worry is that as Fans if we lose faith in Flacco if and when he has a bad game. As long as we all understand he is a work in process, and we the FANS support him, the team supports him and the coaching staff supports him, he will keep his confidence and be a great QB.

Keep the FAITH and lets Stay WACKO For FLACCO!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

I hope so becuase this is not a friendly place to play.

Just the opposite of Sting ...

I worry about Flacco because of those two awful pics he threw -- both in double coverage and in the trick play he held on too long.

The O line has been holding up great.

I just hope Ray is right and he doesnt have those same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just the opposite of Sting ...

I worry about Flacco because of those two awful pics he threw -- both in double coverage and in the trick play he held on too long.

The O line has been holding up great.

I just hope Ray is right and he doesnt have those same mistakes.
    The trick play was a rookie mistake in only that he should have thrown it away.

the play was slow to develop because of Magahee, not Flacco.

so he'll have turnovers, who cares?

as long as he keeps his head about him as he's done now he'll be one of the best things we've ever seen very shortly.

If any rookie QB with 2 games of experience can be said to be "ready" for an away game against division rivals with an tough D, on national Monday Night TV, with the division lead at stake, it's Flacco.

He seems very even keeled emotionally and mentally no matter what the situation.

However, the spotlight and the stakes have increased dramatically. It's a lot of pressure for a rookie. I expect mistakes.

I agree with the other poster who said that if the offensive line protects he'll do all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    If any rookie QB with 2 games of experience can be said to be "ready" for an away game against division rivals with an tough D, on national Monday Night TV, with the division lead at stake, it's Flacco.

He seems very even keeled emotionally and mentally no matter what the situation.

However, the spotlight and the stakes have increased dramatically. It's a lot of pressure for a rookie. I expect mistakes.

I agree with the other poster who said that if the offensive line protects he'll do all right.
    Pretty much. The game is going to be won or lost by either team by the play of their respective offensive lines. I hope the Ravens are up to the task.

As for Flacco - he'll do what he can do and I don't expect him to get scared just because the game is on prime time. He appears above becomming rattled by something as minor as when a game starts.
    Just win baby...

I have faith in the kid and I won't lose confidence in him even if he has a subpar game.

Although I was in the "carry the clipboard and let him observe for awhile" club before Boller and Smith went down, The situation is what it is and I think it would do more harm to his psyche and development to sit him down after having had a taste of real action.

Of course I understand that Flack's gonna make mistakes, my hope is that they aren't of the costly, game-deciding variety and that he can rebound quickly and make enough plays with his arm and brain to tip the scales in our offense's favor.

It's probably unfair to expect a lot from the rook, but I feel he'll do better than a lot of people think. I'm just questioning aloud if he's ready for the biggest game (so far) of his entire football life. Playing WestSideOzzie's Advocate, so to speak.

I know it sounds bad, but if you take away those two picks, he was looking really good, sharp, accurate. I think he started out like 9 for 9 or something.

I am hoping for the best, but this is a huge challenge for the young guy.

I think the D will be fired up because of last year, and they may smell blood with the injuries on Pittsburgh.

I also think it is a bit of a mistake to think that the steelers defense is as good going into this game as they were on paper in the preseason.

they are hurting like the Ravens were last year, we all saw how ugly that was.

If the Ravens offensive line play is as good as it was against cleveland I do not think Flacco will have problems because he will not NEED to throw much.

It's always better to throw because you want to than because you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampRavens View Post
    I know it sounds bad, but if you take away those two picks, he was looking really good, sharp, accurate. I think he started out like 9 for 9 or something.

I am hoping for the best, but this is a huge challenge for the young guy.

I think the D will be fired up because of last year, and they may smell blood with the injuries on Pittsburgh.
    I agree. The first pick was a great play by D'Quell, even though he did stare Heap down a little too much, it was still a great drop and jump to snag the pass.

Joe was money the rest of the day though. The first drive he was on fire. I really like how he throws the ball. It gets from his hand to the Wrs so fast the DBs are almost a non factor on the underneath stuff. This week I expect to see the long ball. The Steelers can not stop our run game with a 7 man front, and with Polamalu hurt and Hampton out, I doubt the 8 man fronts will even stop us most of the time, and they should get good playaction fakes off it. I think we will go deep early and often off double moves and play action and get TDs.

The Raven O line has been great, and the Steeler front does not look as good as the Clowns without Hampton in the middle. the noise factor will be a test more for the Ts than Flacco though. if they play like they have the first 2 games, Flacco will have plenty of time to throw and I thing he can pick this secondary apart if Troy P. is not covering up the coverage flaws.