Danish Ravens fan looking for advice

Hi Everybody,

I'm a Danish Football fan who have passionately been following the Ravens the last 4-5 years. I just got married and my wife have given me a trip to New Yok including a trip to see the Ravens as a present :ww:

Before we book I was hoping someone could help with some advice:

1. We'd really love to see Steelers@Ravens. What is the best way to get tickets and where in M&T Stadium would be good (value) seats?

2. If we were to go and see Ravens@Giants where whould be a good spot to sit? I'd be great to sit in the section for Ravens fans for away games (if such exist)

Very exciting - my first NFL game

Best regards,
    Peter

Re: Danish Ravens fan looking for advice

Very off topic as I've never been to a game either so can't help you out there but were you at the Wembley game between the Giants and the Dolphins. One of the US Ravens and I were speaking to a Danish Ravens fan briefly at the game. Obviously there are probably more than one Ravens fans in Denmark though....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Very off topic as I've never been to a game either so can't help you out there but were you at the Wembley game between the Giants and the Dolphins. One of the US Ravens and I were speaking to a Danish Ravens fan briefly at the game. Obviously there are probably more than one Ravens fans in Denmark though....
    If this guy is the same guy you met, then I'd say this is definitely a small world...

I can't help you with the New Jersey stadium.

Given the weak dollar, were I in your shoes I'd treat the little lady to a pair of club seats in Baltimore. Best seats in the house. While they are expensive, they are rarely resold at a mark-up. Rather, you can often garner them below face value. Joe six-pack seats are marked up by brokers trying to bleed the public. So a $250 club seat may be had for under $200 (that's about 10 Euros ), while a corner end-zone nosebleed worth maybe $50 is being marked up to $150.

Check www.craigslist.com Baltimore tickets; I saw some attractively priced clubs there today.
    Last edited by Mista T; 09-24-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

There really isn't a bad seat at Raven's Stadium. I sit in section 133 but in the past have sat in the upper deck, endzones upper and lower... etc.

I would do your best to get more towards the sides. I don't really like the endzones that much because I feel like I am only watching half the game when they are at the other end of the field. I usually am watching the screens then.

I sit close to the goal line on the side and never have to watch the screens to follow the action now.

As far as New Jersey goes, I would contact RavensTrips.com or any other ravens out of town travel service about tickets. Last year I was going to be in Miami around the time of the game but my plane and hotel were already paid for. I talked to them and they said that they might be able to include me only for the bus and a ticket if they had room. I ended up not going b/c I couldn't change my return flight (although the plane was so late arriving I could have easily made the game).

Anyway long story short they organize trips for Ravens fans and get tickets for them all to sit together.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

6. Re: Danish Ravens fan looking for advice

Here is what I would do, since you are a Ravens fans, I would definitley come to Baltimore to see the Steelers play. Its maybe your one chance to see them at home, and M&T Bank Stadium is quite a place to see a football game.

You can either drive (3 1/2 to 4 hrs or so) or take the amtrak train down ($120 r/t) from NY on Saturday, spend the night in baltimore and get up early and tailgate with us sunday morning.

Tickets you can buy them the week of the game on thursday or fri before the game the visiting team returns their tickets and they go on sale for face value at ticketmaster.com or if you want a trust worthy ticket broker, ive used http://www.cheappricedtickets.com for all my away games with no problems. ALso these boards and others sell tickets at face value sometimes.

As far as where to sit, its all about $$. Anywhere you sit will be a good time, yes club level is nice, but to get a real feel for the atmosphere you can spend less and still get good seats. club level runs $200-$300 a ticket, upper level and lower levels can be had for $100- $200 depending on location.

ALSO very important if you do make plans for the steelers game, its a 1pm game but could be changed to 4pm or even 8pm if both teams are in the hunt for playoffs and the NFL picks to move that game. So dont get a train ticket for 5pm just in case. They have to notify teams 12 days in advance of the time change.

feel free to ask me or anyone here any other questions.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Hey,

I agree with the other guys. For a true Ravens experience, I'd go to M&T. You should enjoy this opportunity. You'll have a MUCH better time watching a game with a stadium full of Ravens fans than dealing with a stadium of Giants fans. Ravenstrips.com is a very reliable group. We've got season tickets but I've used StubHub.com to score some out of town tickets. Like everyone has said, it really depends on how much you're willing to spend. Lower level seats haven't been too bad but the prices for the Squeeler game is always jacked up some.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Pelo ... I would like to invite you to our booth for one of our RavenFever Game Shirts if and when you get to M&T to see the Ravens Play! I have given our shirts to English fans since your support of our team is very impressive. I can also tell you that most tailgate groups will openly invite you into their group once they know you are from overseas. When you make it in... use my contact info here on Ravens24x7.com to let me know. I will make sure you locate us near the H Lot and we will help you find your way to the BEST TAILGATE IN THE WORLD!!! (as voted by independent sources) The other reason to see the game at M&T !!

Have a GREAT Flight! and Be Safe ...

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

I don't think anyone has addressed this point:

Quote Originally Posted by Pelo View Post
    . If we were to go and see Ravens@Giants where whould be a good spot to sit? I'd be great to sit in the section for Ravens fans for away games (if such exist)
    NFL stadia do not having seating sections for visiting fans, as you would find in college stadia and European soccer stadia. The fans co-mingle. (My Brit son-in-law's reaction to this at his first Ravens game was appalling).

The best that you could do to be with other Ravens fans in New Jersey would be to lash up with a travelling group of Ravens fans, as mentioned above, to see if you can purchase tickets & tailgate party package only (I have done this in the past). Groups I am aware of which organize away game trips include:

- Ravens Trips mentioned above www.ravenstrips.com

- http://www.ravenousfans.com/upcoming_trips.asp

- 12th Man travel via RavensNest7@msn.com

- Nestor Aparicio WNST http://www.wnst.net/Ravens.aspx

Also, there are many Ravens Roost and Ravens Nest fan clubs that buy group tickets for away games. You'd have to search their web-sites.

Not to be pessimistic, but don't be surprised to find only scattered Ravens fans at the Meadowlands stadium. New Jersey is not a hot-spot destination for road trips, and it would be tough getting tickets anyway to see the defending SB Champs.

btw: I may be there, if I get reasonably priced tickets.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I've seen games from 2 perspectives at M&T, I'll share what I would do and why.

I would find seats in a section as close to the field as possible, it sounds simple but M&T is slightly deceptive in it's layout.

My family has season tickets 8 Rows off the field in the end zone opposite the band, I don't go often but it's a great place to watch from even if they are at the far endzone.

I did not like nosebleed seats at about the 40 yard line. the seats are actually "close" to the field, the modern stadium design is much better than 30 years ago or so.

The view is not bad from anywhere in the stadium as far as i can tell but somehow it is not the same experience in the upper deck as the lower.

I strongly advise finding any lower level seat in there, I've been to Philly (the vet), and Washington (RFK & Landover) and it's much better than my experience anywhere but old RFK.

Few crowds get as into a game as the Ravens crowd in Baltimore, and these days our local NFC east teams definitely don't.

The tickets might be as much as 3 times as much as the upper deck but it's worth every penny and more.

Hope it helps.