McCain to SUSPEND Campaign

Are you f----ing kidding me. He is suspending his campaign and trying to convince Obama that they should cancel Friday's debate. This coming after Biden tore him a new one with his foriegn affairs speech today and the ABC News poll came out with an 11 point lead by Obama. Anything to try to slow the Obama momentum!

Hey John...you really want to help the economy? Keep your hands out of it as the Polls suggest Obama leads by an average 0f 16% when asked "who is better for the economy? Like we trust you.

I am starting think that we are seing one of the biggest campaign meltdowns of all time.

Does anyone really think McCain will make a difference in Wash. this week?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222...googlenews_wsj

Re: McCain to SUSPEND Campaign

1st off - are you referring to the Biden speech where he was so either very, very stupid or frighteningly ignorant on basic things like who was president during the depression and him 'standing up on TV and speaking to the people"... when TV didn't exist.... or is it some other really dumb thing Biden said more recently than that...

And why is it you have a problem when a Senator decides to actually do his job as a senator and not a campaigner?!?! It is obvious that Obama's only job for most of his life has been self promotion and campaigning... you can look at his 'present' voting record to see that his job as a senator is not a priority for him...

The legislative branch is working on how to handle this financial situation RIGHT NOW - not in a few weeks, not a few months.. they are going to make this bailout - and whatever silly things they do ASAP... And I think it is silly that anyone would be pleased that their candidate of choice says 'screw it' when it comes to the job they aer supposed to be doing in favor for being on letterman...

[/sopabox]
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Saving Sarah Palin:

"McCain supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis."

Why you might ask?

"Cancel-debate-gate" makes more sense now.

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Are you f----ing kidding me. He is suspending his campaign and trying to convince Obama that they should cancel Friday's debate. This coming after Biden tore him a new one with his foriegn affairs speech today and the ABC News poll came out with an 11 point lead by Obama. Anything to try to slow the Obama momentum!

Hey John...you really want to help the economy? Keep your hands out of it as the Polls suggest Obama leads by an average 0f 16% when asked "who is better for the economy? Like we trust you.

I am starting think that we are seing one of the biggest campaign meltdowns of all time.

Does anyone really think McCain will make a difference in Wash. this week?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222...googlenews_wsj
    Blowbama had no problem ducking all those town hall meetings McCain challenged him to this summer, why can't he wait a few more days to read his rehearsed answers a few more days?

And I expected a little more from McCain, it's not like this is the first bank crisis he's been in the middle of.

Failure you can believe in brought to you from both parties...again.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Well, Galen misses the facts and truth once again.
    Really so how would you explain why 90% of Americans want to see the debates go on as scheduled? Trap...this was another hail mary for McCain when he was having his worst week yet. Your man is not prepared to debate Obama and your lil' ditty from Wasilla will look foolish against Biden if if Biden shows up with a shoe ready to insert in his mouth from the get-go.

Here are the SUSA poll results:

What to do about debates?

Hold as Scheduled 50%
    Hold with Econ Focus 36%
    Postpone 10%

Suspend Campaigns?

Suspend 14%
    Continue 31%
    Refocus on Fin. Crisis 48%

Would canceling the debates be good for America? 14% say yes.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...2-9dd6b2df8c02

Mccain's hail mary again goes out of bounds.