Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Wideout????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 5 Wideout????

Are we going to carry 5 wideouts??? Moore looked impressive...I know you can't go by one game, but he sure had a Randy Moss aire about him tonight I know it's still pre-season, but when have we ever had this kinda talent at the wide receiver position??

Re: 5 Wideout????

Moore is the kind of guy who breaks your heart. Once you think you've figured him out, he does something to make you reconsider. Personally, I think he needs to grow a pair, but it's hard to outright cut a guy with his physical skills. Toughie.

I was pretty sure we'd be carrying five before this game, it was just a question of Moore vs. LaTendresse. That question is answered now.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Yea, Moore got it with that performance last night.

It's gonna be Mason, Clayton, Darling, Williams, and Moore.

I still wnat to see Moore catch a ball across the middle before I forgive his past sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown
    I still wnat to see Moore catch a ball across the middle before I forgive his past sins.
    Actually, I believe he did go in the middle last night on a short pass and got clobbered by two defenders.

With that being said, I don't think Moore will be retained for his abilitys in the middle.

His height advantage will be why he is retained as evidenced by what you saw last night.
    That type of play abilty simply cannot be tossed aside.

I think he's the last reveiver retained totaling 5 as mentioned above.

Hopefully he can do those types of things when it actually counts and I'll be happy with retaining him.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown
    I do not. Send him down the sidelines as they did last night and he will be fine. With Mason and Clayton not afraid to get hit or catch the ball over the middle, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to send Clarence over the middle.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

It sure looks like LaTendresse is the odd man out, I just watched the game and I don't believe he played at all. Or if he did, he got no balls thrown his way.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Moore is probably going to make it for the reasons you saw last night. He creates a mismatch in the redzone with the jumpball. By no means is he a complete reciever, but he is a role player on this team. This 5th reciever spot is probably going to be inactive anyway, whether its moore, darling, or williams.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven
    It sure looks like LaTendresse is the odd man out, I just watched the game and I don't believe he played at all. Or if he did, he got no balls thrown his way.
    Which pretty much means that he won't make the team. It also means we the fans valued him a lot more than the RAVENS did.

After watching the replay yesterday, I picked up on a couple of things.

When Clayton and Mason are in the game, the passes are typically of the 5 yard type with the expectation that those two will gain YAC. Same for Heap. This could explain why McNair's passes were all five 10 yard type passes. It was as if they were practicing those certain plays over and over and things just were not clicking.

At the same time, in the second half, when Moore, Darling, and Williams were in the game, the passes were generally deep plays. Moore, Darling, and Williams are supposed to be our deep threats, and Boller seemed to be working on the deep offensive plays.

It may not be due to McNair's lack of arm strength, nor an offense that lacks imagination. The plays that the offense were practicing seem to be based on the WRs that were in the game.

Again, you don't show all of your schemes during preseason games. You just work on plays. There is no game planning in any of these games.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

[QUOTE=PurpleRulz]After watching the replay yesterday, I picked up on a couple of things.

When Clayton and Mason are in the game, the passes are typically of the 5 yard type with the expectation that those two will gain YAC.

That's what I can't stand. It seems that every year, that is our MO. If we need 8 yards, once in a while, please throw the frickin' ball 9 yards! Is that too much to ask?