Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hampton AND Parker out?

Parker never plays well against us, but he is a big loss. His speed and ability to catch are something we have to account for. His blitz blocking was something to look forward to, but no rookie RB is going to be ready to pick up Suggs or Scott at full speed either. They do have a good rookie RB though and we have to play him about the same and will not be able to arm tackle as easy as Parker. Depth will be the issue. I don't know who the 3rd RB is.

Hampton is not what he used to be, but he is also a huge loss if he is not 100%. Jason Brown man handled Big Baby Rodgers, and would have likely done it to Hampton as well, but his back up will get destroyed by our interior 3.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    My buddy in Pittsburgh just texted me and said that not only is Hampton out but Parker is as well.

He said nobody up there even knew Parker was injured and that it happened at the end of the game.

Edit: Here it is.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...94/detail.html

PP
    Just click on the message board on that link! Talk about a meltdown!!! From "the line is mad at Ben for getting all that money" to "the OC and DC need to go!", to "Timlin is a bum.". etc!!! Funny, very funny!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Looks like stashing Mendenhall on my roster might payoff, after Monday night.
    THIS IS WHY FANTASY FEETBALL IS A SCOURGE!!!!!!!!!!!.. I guess you're going to root for him... after Monday, of course
    ? :grbac:
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 09-23-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Things continue to look up for this game. Only hope we continue to play our game and not play into the Steelers hand by playing their game.

Let's Go Ravens

This morning the line was pitt -7. Now, off the board

sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    THIS IS WHY FANTASY FEETBALL IS A SCOURGE!!!!!!!!!!!.. I guess you're going to root for him... after Monday, of course
    ? :grbac:
    Damn straight! When the Ravens start paying me then my team will be all Ravens.

ESPN just announced that Parker is definitely out for the game ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ESPN just announced that Parker is definitely out for the game ....
    Mike Tomlin announced it 8 hours ago.

:D

PP

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Without our d-backs we resort to what happened last year. It was because of their injuries that we ended up with the recod we did. It was also the reason that Pittsburgh crushed us there last year.
    DITTO! The loss of our D-backs doomed us in the P-burgh game, and beyond. IF we are healthy, this game won't be an upset in my book - just a solid smash-mouth game, with the Ravens coming out with a W!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

If the Ravens (a relatively healthy team) can not defeat the Squeelers (a team currently ravaged by injuries to key players) with our defense and running game, not to mention momentum, then something is definitely wrong.

My overall outlook on the rest of the season will be based on what I see Monday Night.

Well, one thing we need to be sure of is that we remain healthy. I am a little discouraged that both McClain and McGahee were both limited practice today. Samari Rolle concerns me a little too, but Fabian Washington appears like he could be ready to play.

And I'm ready for Flacco to have a more positive game. Not that I haven't been impressed with his play under these circumstances. But I'd like to see some more vertical passing Monday.

I want to believe this is a winable game. I'm just not QUITE there yet.