Passion; props from a Browns fan

picked up this quote trolling a Browns fan board;
    "Passion was that drive where the Ravens were just literally knocking our guys onto their butts and getting up out of the pile and pounding their chests. Passion was McGahee coming off the field with blood all over his face and fighting to get back in there. I'm not a Ravens fan but THAT WAS AWESOME."

there's also a lot of talk for bringing in Cowher or bringing back Schottenheimer (or bringing in BBillick).

:respect
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Passion; props from a Browns fan

You know where our team gets its passion from.

They know it too. Now finally we may be able to have an offense with just as much or nearly as much passion as our defense.

The best of both worlds and it leaves our opponents with nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

Blog Entries

one good turn deserves another...I'd give props for the Browns D towards the end of the game...even when it became apparent we were going to win this one, they still fought hard to stop the run and blitz us on pass plays. Our O ate up a lot of time, but the D had to come on at the end for the Rolle INT, so they forced us into a tight spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The passsion for the Ravens is in their respect for Harbaugh and Flacco.

The Defense knows that the Offense can move the ball and eat time from the clock which gives them time to rest. No more sitting down and in three quick plays out on the field again.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Yeah, the offense being able to stay out there on the field and give the defense rest is the biggest change from previous years. The second beggiest change is not being able to predict the play that the offense is going to try next.

Just saw on Yahoo that the Browns are considering Brady Quinn at QB against the Bengals next Sunday. My, how far has DA fallen...

Brutal Browns
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Going back to last year DA has had 6 really bad games in a row. It sure looks like there is enough film on him now for DCs to figure him out.

Where's all those fans that were crying when DA was released & picked up by the Browns? How we made the worst mistke. Will they ever admit they did that now?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

The Browns fan in section 109 Row 9 was a dick. The girl he was with (a solid 5 on the 1 to 10 scale) was reading a novel during the game.

As usual, the sarcastic (Will Farrel sp?) style commentary directed at him was amusing and I contributed to the best of my ability.

I'm unfortunate (or lucky depending on how you look at it) to have ticket broker seats in the 2 rows in front of me.

This dude (Browns fan) is on his feet doing the whole first down demonstratives and hollering, carrying on in the first half, then shuts the hell up for the rest of the game.

As he departs...(thankfully) he decides to 'tell on us' to the usher (who entertained his complaint but didn't say nothin to us).

Come in section 109 wearing the wrong jersey and carrying on and you will have some jokes come your way...

Just saying...