Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 31 of 31
  1. #25

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis



    Ray is a fine upstanding citizen, contributor to the community and a great role model for kids, very much like Cal Ripken. He is certainly not a selfish, egomaniac, at times a malcontent, as some suggest.





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carney
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He's playing great this year in a contract year. He's also been around for 12 years now...he's certainly not done, but he doesn't have 5 more years left, either.
    Your opinion only, not fact. The true facts are that he is probably in the best shape of any Raven. Many LBs have played in the upper 30s who were not nearly in as good shape as Ray is and has been. Who says he doesn't have 5 more years? Obviously there would be some sort of downfall in his abilities over 5 years but even with that he could probably still be better than half the LBs in the league.

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He's going to want a ton of money. Also, regardless of his public image, he really is an asshole. Yeah, he does charity work...all players do, they have agents/managers who find the work for them and tell them where to go.
    You know Ray personally? Can you introduce me to him?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Ray's playing great this year...he's what..34? Will he be worth being the highest paid defensive player in the NFL at age 35? I'm not so sure that that is the case...i'd rather let him sign elsewhere and make a play for Boldin with the freed up money.
    He is 33, born May 1975. In sports you generally get paid for what you have done, not what you are going to do. What he has done is made the Ravens what they are today. This team is a reflection of him. He also played from 1998-2003 at a level that 2-3 LBs have EVER played. There is absolutely no doubt that he is one of the top 5 LBs of all time.




  3. #27

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Your opinion only, not fact. The true facts are that he is probably in the best shape of any Raven. Many LBs have played in the upper 30s who were not nearly in as good shape as Ray is and has been. Who says he doesn't have 5 more years? Obviously there would be some sort of downfall in his abilities over 5 years but even with that he could probably still be better than half the LBs in the league.



    You know Ray personally? Can you introduce me to him?



    He is 33, born May 1975. In sports you generally get paid for what you have done, not what you are going to do. What he has done is made the Ravens what they are today. This team is a reflection of him. He also played from 1998-2003 at a level that 2-3 LBs have EVER played. There is absolutely no doubt that he is one of the top 5 LBs of all time.
    Of course it is opinion. I don't "know" Ray, but I've been involved w/ the team internally and externally before and I've seen how he operates. He's a master at knowing when a camera is on him.

    In sports you get paid for what you've done, but that's not always smart for the team dishing out the money...no doubt he's playing at a high level now, but is it worth the risk? We've had players step up admirably in his abscense before (hartwell, scott)...the defense may not be #1 without him, but I have no doubts it'd be top 10-12, and if we used the money we saved on him on the offense we might just be something. Yeah, it's my opinion.




  4. #28

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    Ray is a fine upstanding citizen, contributor to the community and a great role model for kids, very much like Cal Ripken. He is certainly not a selfish, egomaniac, at times a malcontent, as some suggest.

    Thank God I don't live anywhere near you.

    You'd probably judge me by my clothing, jewelry, or even more ridiculously, something you've read in a Mike Preston column...




  5. #29

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Funny stuff. 52 tells people that they should not make assumptions about people they do not know, then makes assumptions about people he doesn't know.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,859

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Told you the haters would come out ....

    And they never let anything like facts get in the way of their personal attacks on Ray.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #31

    Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Told you the haters would come out ....

    And they never let anything like facts get in the way of their personal attacks on Ray.
    Imagine that...

    You definitely predicted it though...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland