Thread: Cam is the man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cam is the man

Imagine being a defense and seeing on the offensive line across from you Gaither, Terry and Willie Anderson. Then behind them, lorenzo neal followed by McClain carrying the ball. That is some serious weight coming down on you.

After wearing the Browns defense down with that attack, Rice comes into the game with fresh legs and 11 minutes left. The browns didn't want to be there in the 4th qtr.

In the past, Jamal would complain about 8 guys in the box all day because the Ravens had no passing game. With a rookie QB who has thrown for just over 100 yards a game twice in a row, the Ravens are averaging 200+ yards a game on the ground. Seems illegal almost.

In the game against Cincy, it was the unbalanced line. Against Cleveland, Cam throws in three monster tackles and takes away a receiver and runs the ball at will. It seems each week there is a new wrinkle in the offense to offset the lack of passing.

Re: Cam is the man

I didn't really focus on him but how did Willie Anderson look?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

The games, albeit only 2 so far, are much more entertaining, as well. I credit a bit of creativity. Cam da man!!! Wooo-Hooo!

it is great not being able to accurately predict what play the Ravens will run next. I am sure the opposition is watching film, recent film, instead of just counting on the same old same old from the Ravens. I thought this year was going to be just awful, I won't lie. I was never, ever so happy to be wrong.

the Ravens are throwing well early, which forced the Ohio teams to back off a bit. I'm confident they can pass more as needed.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

The best part is that even when the play-call was as predictable as it gets we STILL pounded the ball in their faces!

None of the "unpredictible" stuff really worked yesterday. It was the tried-and-true formula that we've had since Marchiabroda left that worked for us. Wear them down and then grind them into dust with the run.

Flacco's brutal outing pretty much made it clear that we'll have to do that early and often against the Squeelers to avoid turning the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    None of the "unpredictible" stuff really worked yesterday. It was the tried-and-true formula that we've had since Marchiabroda left that worked for us. Wear them down and then grind them into dust with the run.

Flacco's brutal outing pretty much made it clear that we'll have to do that early and often against the Squeelers to avoid turning the ball over.
    I like the subtle unpredictability, like play action to start the game. Most would think that, with a rookie qb, you run the ball so he can get comfortable. Obviously, with a guy that is used to running no huddle, there's no need for any of that. Opens up the playbook and makes the play calling diverse.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."