Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens @ Pitt

Ravens @ Pitt

Figured it was time to start talking about next week. After seeing what Philly was able to do to Pitt today and the way our D is playing again i would say Pitt is in for a long night. Ben is banged up, we have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 21 straight games, I would say this game will be pretty similar to te 2006 season (pick your game) I mean philly had 8 sacks today then we should be close to double digit sacks. I just wonder if we win on Monday will the media give us any credit. I am ready to lay a beat down on Monday night.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Re: Ravens @ Pitt

eff the media. When I traveled to Oakland for the AFC Championship game, I was greeted by shit talking Oakland Airport police...(seriously).

I'm sure that the win against Cleveland tonight...or maybe it's the moon shine... influencing my take, but sweet jesus, the O line is GREAT, the defense looks awesome...WHY NOT!!!

Let's start carrying the torch for RAVENS all the way!

Steelers are still number one against the run, number two overall defense. Its probably going to be a long day for both offenses. Might be one of those games where someone wins 6-3. Should be fun and should be more telling than a 4th regular season usually is about who is going to end up the eventual division champ.

I like the schedule with all the division games at the front and back ends of the season.

The Squeelers got manhandled yesterday. Ben Rothlsbrrxzlrrrgr (sp?) was getting killed all day. I have a feeling they are going to make the necessary corrections and lock it down. BUT... our defense smells blood, and it will indeed be a feeding frenzy. The one thing that concerns me about this game? MONDAY NIGHT! Ravens+Monday Night Football=Legendary Suckage.

Maybe this will be the season we turn it around on MNF. Let's see if the media actually talks about the Ravens now.

"Welcome to MNF! Tonight's matchup is the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. that other team."
    Last edited by xmradiodave; 09-22-2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Steelers' defense looks very good and will give our young offense an exzcellent test, but their OL is BAD. If Ben has time to throw we lose, so we have to do like Philly did - 9 sacks, reminiscent of the game here in 2006.

Read the meltdown by Steelers fans. It does sound weird. Why sign Starks to the transition tag, pay him 7 or 8 mil, then not start him? The mistake was the pay, he is too slow...
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897

Needless to say, this is a big game.

Looking for Harbaugh to keep the trash talking down, to differentiate this era from the Billick era. Be quiet and just get it done.

Would like nothing better than for the media to ignore us all week, be a huge underdog and walk away with the win.

The biggest battle will be our o-line versus their d-line. If we can open up the running game the same way we have the last 2 games we'll be set. That said, the Pittsburgh D is pretty tough

Cleveland's strength (if you can call it that) on defense was run defense up the middle. The Ravens were able to run yesterday quite well, so perhaps our O-line can create some holes (along with Neal) and create running lanes against the Steelers.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

8. Re: Ravens @ Pitt

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=3045299

All I can say is they are RIGHT for once. Never thought I would say a squeelers fan was right but Ben may end his season next week with us! We always have a way of getting up in his face and hurting him. Their O-Line is not looking very good and that is not good coming in againist the #1 defense in the NFL. I smell lots of sacks!

Defensive match up that will expose a lot for both teams.

If our D can hit them early and often, I see us winning a close one. If they stick it to us first, Flacco is going to have a long day.

We are Ranked 1 overall D they are 2, the bigger number is they are ranked 29th overall on O and we are 19. Yes it will be tough for both O's on Monday but I have to say I feel alot better about this game than I did during training camp.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

After the debacle with Philly, Pittsburgh will probably plan on lots of quick timing passes and some screens so Ben doesn't have to hold the ball too long.

Will our surprising offensive line be able to open holes against Pittsburgh? Probably not as well as against the Browns and Cincy but they'll do OK. Because running will be tougher, Flacco's play willll have more say in how we do than in the previous two games.

Our Defense has been getting their hands on a lot of those quick passes and knocking them away harmlessly or batting them into the air where they can be intercepted.

I look forward to a QB with a damaged shoulder and hand attempting to beat our defense by throwing the ball a lot!!