Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dawan Landry appears OK

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is here -- mild twitching while you're face down in the turf, seemingly unconsious, is not the same as moving your arms or legs when you want to.

It was disturbing to say the least, but the good news is that is apparently wasn't as serious as it could have been.
    Im in agreement with everyone. I wasnt trying to say it wasnt as serious as it appeared. Just the opposite.

She knew from him not moving combined with the twitching in his arms that it could have been much worse. Even before they showed the replay and went to commercial she was saying they would back-board him.

I was looking through my binocs as they took him off the field on the stretcher and you could see him talking. He also gave a thumbs up motion just before he went into the tunnel. I didn't hear anyone mention that but it looked pretty clear to me and made me feel better about the whole incident.

It made me think of Siragusa when he had the stinger and was taken to the hospital. I think it was during the 2000 season. He actually left the hospital and came back to play in the second half. I can't remember though if he was taken off on the stretcher like Landry or if he walked off the field. I seem to remember he was on a stretcher. Anyone remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne
    I can't remember though if he was taken off on the stretcher like Landry or if he walked off the field. I seem to remember he was on a stretcher. Anyone remember?
    I don't recall the details but I'm positive Goose did not walk off the field. I think he was taken by ambulance to UMMC. People were very surprised (and a lot of people thought it was crazy) that he showed up in the second half after being taken to the hospital.