Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jamal was effective again

Jamal Lewis did what we needed him to do again. Great job Jamal.

Re: Jamal was effective again

3.2 ypc is effective?

Meh we're getting the job done as a team but the run game is to me bigger than McNair for the week off. He's doing just about enough in relation to the rest of the team but against good run Ds in the playoffs it's all gonna be on McNair and the run game has simply gotta step it up a gear, big area to look at for the off-season as well, the run game has steadily declined the last few years with the O-line getting older and Jamal wearing down as most backs do, he peaked higher than most backs but is showing pretty much average longevity in my opinion.

jamal has been running well all year, but the OL is having big time problems run blocking.

But they run EFFECTIVELY, if not beautifully.

Jamal Did what we needed him to do. Nothing more nothing less. Unless he can pull off some miracle in the playoffs the game will be on mcnairs arm.

Jamal ran with some fuckin sauce today.

He had attitude.

I honestly don't give a shit about his average per carry.

He wore down the Steelers and had some nice runs when we needed them.

We're 12-3 and Jamal is a big part of it.

PP

Didn't Jamal score today? He got a touchdown.

Yes, he didn't run for much in the first half. But in the 4th quarter when it counted, he was grinding on the Steelers defense. Isn't that what you want?

That, plus the Steelers were jamming eight in the box all day which opened up the air game for us. This offense is dangerous now, not cause it's great, but cause it's efficient, and cause it doesn't need to put up points like the Colts with this defense.

Jamal ran just fine today. He was a grinder, and got yards when we needed him to.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    3.2 ypc is effective?

Meh we're getting the job done as a team but the run game is to me bigger than McNair for the week off. He's doing just about enough in relation to the rest of the team but against good run Ds in the playoffs it's all gonna be on McNair and the run game has simply gotta step it up a gear, big area to look at for the off-season as well, the run game has steadily declined the last few years with the O-line getting older and Jamal wearing down as most backs do, he peaked higher than most backs but is showing pretty much average longevity in my opinion.
    I don't care about the average. Jamal's job is to wear a team down late in the game and that's what he did. Oh he also scored another TD. Parker didn't score any.

Jamal punked Porter too, simply the best thing that I saw yesterday (that and his stiff arm on Foote) and made Porter take a personal foul the very next play, Jamal pounded them all day, very good game.....
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Jamal ran his ass off. After that 9 yard gain where he punked Porter, they tried to waive him out but he waived them off and stayed in. The camera focused on his face and you could see it in his eyes - he was getting the ball and he was getting a first down. I would have bet my life on it. Then Porter had to jump on him and poke his eye like the b*tch that he is.

Jamal did a great job and we won. Who could ask for more?

He flew for a few yards, too. Polamalu is probably going to have nightmares all off-season from that.
    Oderint dum metuant