Thanks for the loss Fox

Apparently we lost last week and are likely to lose this week according to Fox Sports.

"Cleveland

Why the 0-2 start? The Browns opened against two of the NFL's best teams in Dallas and Pittsburgh, but that's no excuse for their home losses. Cleveland's pass rush is sorely lacking, which has exposed a young secondary. The offense also is sputtering with Donte' Stallworth (quadriceps) out and fellow wide receiver Braylon Edwards dropping more passes than he has caught (five).

Reason for optimism: The Browns play winnable road games the next two weeks at Baltimore (1-1)(Really?, (my edit)) and Cincinnati (0-2) before their bye. Cleveland also has enough offensive talent to get on a roll if the passing game can start clicking.

Player to watch: Outside linebacker Kamerion Wimbley. The Browns expected Wimbley to recapture the magic of his 11-sack rookie campaign in 2006. Instead, he has yet to reach the quarterback and doesn't command double teams. If Wimbley doesn't start to produce, outside linebacker should become Cleveland's top offseason priority in 2009."

Seriously they put us at 1-1?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Thanks for the loss Fox

Gotta agree with their take on Clevelands two losses, but with that being said i think today will let us know if we're for real or if cinncy's that bad. LET'S GO FLACCO!!!. SEE YA ALL IN SECTION 514!

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    Gotta agree with their take on Clevelands two losses, but with that being said i think today will let us know if we're for real or if cinncy's that bad. LET'S GO FLACCO!!!. SEE YA ALL IN SECTION 514!
    I don't think so.
    If we win, they'll blame it on Clevelands injury situation which IMO is always a factor on the outcome of a game.

Of course not last year when we were beat up as hell.

If we lose, then Cleveland gets to have everybody jump back on their sclong for beating one of the elte defenses in the league.

Not to jump ahead a week, but should we win today (highly likely IMO) and then manage to pull off an upset next week, then we know we're for real.

I mean hell, they're all about ready to put Pittsburgh into the Superbowl already after 2 weeks because the rest of the AFC love children are hurting or not doing real well.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Cleveland is hitting us at the wrong time. They are having offensive issues. Turning it around on our defense is not likely, especially if Braylon and Stallworth are not going to play. Jamal might get his 50 yards or so and Winslow might have a halfway decent game but they need to be at full strength to beat our defense.

When Fox can't even get our record correct, I take nothing they say seriously.

Hey doubledown, we'll be right next to ya in 515!

Fair? Balanced? I'd settle for accurate. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Do people get paid for writing this misinformed crap?If so I hope its not more than me for busting my ballz at work.Fire them.

I don't care how Clowny loses,or how they cry.As long as we keep hitting them in the mouth.Till they have no more snot bubbles coming out of their nasal passages.

Don't give them time to throw.Don't give them holes to run through.
    No quarter,no mercy
    .:ww:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Oh please. Like Fox is the only place that muffs things like this?!?!?

Their gaffe aside, their analysis was pretty much dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Their "gaffe"? A gaffe is eating your soup with a teaspoon.

Describing a team that has played one game as being "1-1" is missing the mark by, let me see, carry the one, yes here it is. They missed by one hundred percent. It shouldn't have been too hard, even casual editing would have picked it up.

"Gaffe," hardly.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Putting the gaffe aside (or whatever you want to call it), I can't say I was too impressed with their analysis. The Browns can "get on a roll if their passing game can start clicking." If? That's a pretty big if, and you could probably make that same statement about any team in the league.