Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Olson

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Drew Olson

And if McNair goes down and at the same time Phil Savage sports a boner for Olsen all of the sudden we are scrambling to sign a QB for the number 2 spot that week. We have rarely gone with 2 QBs and without a Hymes on the roster I don't see it. I could see it if we had a converted QB on the roster.

I'm just saying that we aren't going to win a game with BSP at QB, so it really doesn't matter if we scramble to sign someone off the street or elevate Olson to the active roster. Whoever is in there is just going to be a handoff machine anyway.

I really haven't seen much of him, but If he has the potential that people have been talking about, and he looks good, they need to do something, because as has been pointed out, Savage will sign him 2 seconds after he lands on the PS.

You all are missing the point here. The chances of a 3rd QB seeing a snap during the regular season are against the odds. (our O-line notwithstanding)

St. Pierre is about as good as he is gonna get. It screams "we shoulda" kept D. Anderson. But! Olsen has wayyy more upside than anyone present (as far as 3rd stringers), and stands to learn a great deal from 2 QBs with a lot to give.

A lot of you would have killed for Kyle to be in the potential position that Olsen could be in. Think about it. Are we gonna draft our future next year, or is he already here?

I say he is here, but then again, we have an offensive geni..........I'll just stop there.
    SS

Hi Kordell, yeah it's Ozzie Newsome...how's the arm feeling?

There's a reason why we're not seeing Drew Olson. He just isn't that good. Some people see what Tom Brady did and assume any late round or undrafted rookie we draft/sign will turn out the same. The chances of that happening are very slim.

I watched Drew akk his games at UCC,not to mention Derek Anderson, DO is not an NFL quarterback amd I wished we hadn't gotten DA stolen. He's better tha St Pierre right now.

Accoring to Aaron Wilson, Drew Olson hasn't looked that great in practice, and even he thinks St. Pierre is a better option. I'll take his word for it. The days I was at training camp, Olson didn't really do anything to stand out. Besides. one or two nice throws in the last minute or two of a preseason game doesn't mean crap to me.

Also, St. Pierre didn't play well in Minnesota, but that goes for all of them. I thought St. Pierre looked serviceable in the first two preseason games to where if something happened, he could come in and manage the game if he had too. However, 3rd string QBs rarely see the field anyways. I would still take St. Pierre over Drew Olson.