Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drew Olson

Drew Olson

St. Pierre absolutley sucked tonight. He was responsible for 14 of the Vikings 30 points. It got so bad that Billick pulled him in the 4th quarter of a preseason game with less than 1 minute left.

However,

Olson looked pretty sharp. Lots of zip on the ball, hit his Wr's. I believe Moore dropped one that was pretty catchable. I hope he gets some good PT next Thursday, I'd like to see what he can do when he isnt trying to score a TD with 15 seconds left.

If he doesnt make this team, is it possible that we would allocate him to NFL Europe?
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: Drew Olson

Rumor has it.......practice squad (unless the trolls from Cleveland pick him up)

I'd like to see him get some more snaps as well. He definitely fired the ball down the field fairly well tonight. Giving him more than a minute of playing time would be nice to see.

True that!!! I saw him in practice at WMC... he was sharp then. I'm not the coach ,but to my naked eye he seemed to be a hell of a prospect.

Hope we can see more of him against the Redskins. I think this kid has a future hope we keep him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I have this gut feeling Olson is going to disappear.Whether by design,or by some other teams interest.

Its to early to say what the Ravens have in the kid.But hey,we are due some luck with keeping a QB if they are worth keeping around. I still have my eye on Derek Anderson development during this preseason.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Unless this kid is completely lame when we aren't seeing him, I would cut St. Pierre and keep him. St. Pierre hasn't shown enough to stay on this team and hold off a guy with potential.

Here's something no one has thought about. Why don't we cut St. Pierre AND place Olson on the Practice Squad? We are totally f'ed if BSP is starting games for us and Olson as a UDFA will probably be able to hang out on the PS without getting snatched. The odds of McNair missing a game are pretty good, but the odds of Steve and Kyle being hurt at the same time are pretty low. Also having only 2 QBs frees up a roster spot.

Its something to think about at least.

the odds of Steve and Kyle being hurt at the same time are pretty low
    Have you been watching our oline? I'd not be shocked if our third stringer ends up playing this year.
    Oderint dum metuant

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Supposed McNair goes down and has to miss a game or two? Are we supposed to go with just Boller or call up Olsen then? You would then have to cut somebody AND hope Olsen hasn't been signed off the practice squad to another team's 53, which can happen at any minute. Much too risky.

We've gone with 2 QBs before and picked up a third once the starter got injured.

I'm just of the belief that we are totally f'ed if both Steve and Kyle go down at the same time. It won't matter who our QB is then. St. Pierre won't be any better than Olson or some vet from off the street. So why waste a roster spot on someone that will never contribute in a positive way?

Its not like KB hasnt missed significant time for injury last year.

If Steve goes down and KB starts there is more than a slight chance of him getting hurt too.

Im thinkin we will see more Olson on Thursday.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton