Thread: Why Not Year

Why Not Year

I'm probably going to get a lot of gas on this one, and will be accused of drinking the purple kool-aid, but seriously why can this year Not measure up to 2006. Reason being: 1 - similar D; 2 - better O; 3 - better coaching; 4 - solid special teams play; and, 5 - a Qb who may grow into the position come season's end. IF we punch the Stillers in the mouth on Monday, I think alot of the national media will start comparing this team to the 06 team.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Why Not Year

It's more likely to be like the superbowl year, not in that the team will necessarily win it but that we will start slow and win a lot of games with the defense.

The offense could really come on down the road as Flacco and Mcgahee get the offense down, remember we have a totally new system and it's not fully implemented yet.

I saw the Purple Kool Aid didn't pick it up just yet ?

I might soon wait until after Monday's game.
    :ww: :ww:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I saw the Purple Kool Aid didn't pick it up just yet ?

I might soon wait until after Monday's game.
    :ww: :ww:

I'm with you...I think we could punch the Steelers in the face with this game, but I'd like to see the outcome first! It is Joe's first road game so we'll see handles that pressure....

If... no, when we win Monday night there will be an awful lot of folks around the football 'verse asking themselves just how wrong they were about this team...

And almost as amusing they will also be asking themselves just how wrong they were about the severely overrated Squeelers...

In just under a week we will see...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Don't count on getting love from any of the networks...we never do. I'm feeling pretty good about the game. But if we win, we'll hear about how the Squeelers are banged up and not playing to their potential, not how great we are playing. It's the same SH!T every year.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    Don't count on getting love from any of the networks...we never do. I'm feeling pretty good about the game. But if we win, we'll hear about how the Squeelers are banged up and not playing to their potential, not how great we are playing. It's the same SH!T every year.
    Yep an we like it that way!:respect

I saw 'why not' on the topic and thought of the 1989 Orioles, who weren't supposed to do anything and had a winning season, missing the playoffs by a whisker. that could be the Ravens this year. I think some folks didn't think they'd even have two division wins this year, and it's done already. and with Pigsburgh banged up Monday night...man, I'm pumped.
    only prob is, if this team finishes with 7 or 8 wins, many will be disappointed after this start.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)