Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Free agent the Ravens should sign.

TE Ben Troupe.

http://www.nfl.com/players/bentroupe...e?id=TRO531860

He has pretty solid size and numbers and rember him making some plays for the Titans. I thought he would shake lose after camp but Jeremy Stevens was suspended and he was cut when it was lifted. should be good and cheap and since Heap has been hurt and a little suspect as well as Wilcox, we should add some veteran depth and there are no other guys like this on the market at the position I have seen.

Re: Free agent the Ravens should sign.

there must be a injury concern. his foot was bothereing him. he was solid a couple years ago and hes only 26. its crazy hes lookin for work.

The only crazy thing about it is the TB front office trying to keep 4 TEs and QB on the 53 man roster.

He got decent money as a FA and passed the medical exams. he would have to work out of course and look good, but this is a position of concern and he has shown flashes of good talent.

It would have to be at the right price.

Just add this to the list of FA's you've suggested in the past ....

Solid numbers? 7 TD's in 5 years. He's not exactly lighting it up out there. He has never played a full season, with the exception of last year -- a year where he only started 2 games.

I'll pass.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-19-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I did more research on the shmuck, er, TE

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just add this to the list of FA's you've suggested in the past ....

Solid numbers? 7 TD's in 5 years. He's not exactly lighting it up out there. He has never played a full season, with the exception of last year -- a year where he only started 2 games.

I'll pass.
    I am talking about street free agents buddy. Obviously if he was an all star he would not be available, but for the right price he could really help us. We have no 3rd TE.

I am with you for adding depth and a solid 3rd TE, not a shmuck.

You said "solid numbers" and that just doesnt wash.

He was a back up. Look at Wilcox's numbers. That does not mean he can not play. Numbers are just numbers. Look at his other numbers like size, speed and age.

From PFT:

RAIDERS SIGN BEN TROUPE
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 19, 2008, 8:26 p.m.
    When Buccaneers tight end Jerramy Stevens was activated this week following the completion of his two-game suspension, the Bucs cut tight end Ben Troupe to make room for Stevens on the 53-man roster.

But Troupe wasn’t out of work for long.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Raiders signed Troupe today, giving JaMarcus Russell another target.

Troupe is a 6-foot-4, 260-pounder who is a good athlete and showed a great deal of promise in college at Florida, but he hasn’t lived up to that promise in the NFL. With the Titans last year, Troupe caught just five passes for 47 yards. He played in both of the Buccaneers’ games this season but didn’t catch a pass.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Look at his other numbers like size, speed and age.
    Size, speed and age mean exactly nothing in this league.

Need I go down the list if the hundreds of players who have all three and never got anywhere?

But then again, you wanted Pepper ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I am talking about street free agents buddy. Obviously if he was an all star he would not be available, but for the right price he could really help us. We have no 3rd TE.
    I guess he could help us if he can show up and stay healthy.

We have no 1st TE, our 2nd TE is gone for the year so at that position we're pretty screwed.

I just wish people would realize that what we have seen the last 3-4 seasons is the real Todd Heap, he is not the player that went to the pro bowl.

We can all get old and die waiting for him to 'return to that form', it isn't gonna happen.

The guy plays hard and is healthy and productive for 6-8 games a year tops. In my mind he'd be a good #2, we already have another good #2 and he gets too much money for that.

we should cut our losses on heap, consider the TE slot a wash and while we're at it why not sign someone off the street.

They can't do worse than barely show up, drop easy catches, fail to block anyone and get hurt all the time, can they?

Our #1 goal this offseason should be Roy Williams.