Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. After watching the replay of the Bengals game

I am almost on the

Bandwagon He did look mighty poised in the pocket

Re: After watching the replay of the Bengals game

Almost? Hop on already!

I mentioned in another thread; not one ground ball. poise, presence, performance. im-pressive. hopefully much more to come.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

4. Re: After watching the replay of the Bengals game

Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    Almost? Hop on already!
    I'm still a bit skeptical I think he needs a little more time..Especially with the Stillers, Titans, Colts & Giants defenses approaching After the Giants game, I will make my determination...However, I am liking the kid

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I'm still a bit skeptical I think he needs a little more time..Especially with the Stillers, Titans, Colts & Giants defenses approaching After the Giants game, I will make my determination...However, I am liking the kid

Trent Edwards, a third round pick we gave the Bills for Willis has stepped right in and played great on a similar team. There is no reason to think Joe will blow after what we saw so far, and I think it not unreasoable to have the higest of hopes for his rookie season. The guy has a chance to out perform Big Ben in terms of stats and hopfully the playoffs the first year, and if the running game and WRs all step up along with the potential of a dominant defense, he could even approach some Marino type rookie stats.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Joe Flacco calm and cool.

Where is the evidence.What are you seeing.:happyanim

Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

I think the team needs to protect him for a while. Yes he's shown in his single game that he is level-headed and able to cope with the speed of the game. He also showed good decision making and a range of tools which he has to work with. But it was still the Bengals at home and the running game was dominant which helped him out a huge amount.

I'm very hopeful for his future, but he's going to have his share of bumps in the road. He's only just started his career, let's not anoint him the saviour yet because when he does make his rookie mistakes it's going to be harder to swallow.

Patience.

.. and..

.. GO JOE!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I think every Raven fan knows how a QB should look on the field.They have seen enough of how a QB shouldn't look on the field.

The little glimpse we have seen of Joe has been very refreshing.But its the first baby step.And we are all aware of the pitfulls laying ahead.We are just happy that first baby step looked better than what we feared it might look like.:respect
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

i think he has the "it" factor.the kid seems like he will be ok in this game.how good he will be im not sure.but i do think he is alot more calm and more NFL ready then boller was at this time.lets wait and see......but so far im all for the kid....

I'm in agreement. Flacco still has a lot to learn, and game experience will gain him that knowledge. That being said the kid just impresses me as being something special.

Maybe, just maybe we've finally gotten that quarterback we've been waiting for the last 10 years. The law of averages should come into play here. And isn't it about time!

http://mvn.com/nfl-ravens/

He's a rookie, he'll have bad games. It's wise to be cautiously optimistic. Still, as I said in another thread, I expect him to have a better year than Derek Anderson.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

12. Re: After watching the replay of the Bengals game

He seems to be willing to put the team on his back and carry them which is fantastic. When he puts it all together he is going to be really special.