Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Parking, Need Opinions

I am looking for a parking pass for the 10/5 titans game. I have friends coming into town and none of the people I go to the games with are tailgating this year. I want to give them the full experience.

The problem is that I have only ever tailgated in 2 lots and don't know what the other ones are like.

Please let me know where you have tailgated and what you like/dislike about the lot so I can decide which lot to buy into for that game.

My lots:
    Up until this year I always tailgated in Lot A, but the crowd that has the parking passes are not tailgating this year and they are going to the bars instead. What I like about this lot is the proximity to the Camden Yards bathrooms.

I also tailgated once in Lot N which was horrible b/c the bathroom lines for the port a pots was at least 40 minutes long and when I am drinking I might as well just get right back in line after I go to the bathroom b/c I will have to go again by the time I get to the front.

So I guess my biggest concert in the bathroom situation in the lots. I don't mind walking far to the stadium, or waiting after the game to get out(although if you want to comment on this part I would be interested).

Please help with your $.02

I really appreciate your input. Thanks.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: OT: Parking, Need Opinions

I have been tailgating with Roost 50 for years. They run a safe fun lot. There is always a ton of fun there sometimes with band.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    I have been tailgating with Roost 50 for years. They run a safe fun lot. There is always a ton of fun there sometimes with band.
    Which lot is this? And how long are the Bathroom lines?

Thanks

There's a public lot at Sharp and Ostend streets, just across the Ostend street bridge. You can pay cash on game day - it's $45 this year. Tons of tailgating and they have 3 spot-a-pots set up.

There's also some lots further down Ostend street closer to Federal Hill for around $30. Plenty of cash lots you can tailgate in so no need for a permit.

Thanks, do you know what time the Cash lots open?

For the 1:00 games I think people are in there as early as 7. Since this week is 4:15, I'd guess by 11 you should be good.

Okay, since the Titans game is a 1:00 I will get over there and park my car early if I don't get one of my othere friends to sell me his Lot A pass for that game.

You said they had 3 port a pots, have you tailgated there? How long did you normally wait in line?

Sorry to keep harping on this point but there is nothing I hate more than feeling like I spent all day waiting in line for the bathroom.

Thanks againf for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Okay, since the Titans game is a 1:00 I will get over there and park my car early if I don't get one of my othere friends to sell me his Lot A pass for that game.

You said they had 3 port a pots, have you tailgated there? How long did you normally wait in line?

Sorry to keep harping on this point but there is nothing I hate more than feeling like I spent all day waiting in line for the bathroom.

Thanks againf for your help.
    We have tailgated in Lot "B" for 5 years now. It is on the other side of "Ravens walk" from lot A. There are 8 or nine plastic potties, but we have "alternative" eh... facilities.(Under the ramps there are 3 areas to eh.. "relieve" in, so I never wait. I too have "TB" (tiny bladder) syndrome and I rarely even try the provided facilities! I guess I have provided TMI, but the no lines are important to me, also!!!!! If you end up tailgating in lot A... look us up! We are always just 2 rows back from Hamburg, and about 5 car spaces away from "Ravenswalk". Our group has 3 20' flagpoles, one with a flying raven perched atop!!!Oh... and Lenny Moore is there every Sunday about an hour or so before the game. My name is Richard, and I'd enjoy meeting any of this board's members!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Yeah that's the only place I've tailgated. Early in the day there's no line at all. But around 11-12, when it's the most crowded right before gametime, a line does form. I'd say you might wait 5-10 minutes at the most - it does move fast.

The lot is also a short walk along the train tracks down to Lot J, where many of the board regulars tailgate.

Thanks Losac 5- 10 minutes isn't terrible

The only tailgate lots with flush toilets, to my knowledge, are those by Lot A.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I don't need them to flush, I just need to not wait a long time in line.

Thanks T