Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best D In The Nfl - Stillers

Here's a quote from K Winslow on the STEELERS Defense:
    "...They are the best defense in the NFL. They are great, not good. We just want to win the division and to do that, we have to beat those guys"

Ok, Ravens, it's time to show these Clowns who the Best Defense in the NFL really is, and send them home 0-3!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Best D In The Nfl - Stillers

I just don't understand how players can repeatedly make the same mistake of dissing another team just before playing them.

You had better believe that Ray, Bart and Suggs are going to want to lay the wood to this bitch when he comes over the middle, and he will. And I'm sure he'll get an earful, too.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

To quote cinema greatness

"I must break you"

And our D must - nay, will break the Clowns...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I don't understand how anyone here considers this a dis on our D. The Browns just got shut down vs. the Steelers and he threw them a compliment about their D which is REALLY good, and ours sucked last year. WTF?

- C -

The Steelers have the second best defense in the NFL. They are great not good when healthy like ours. They are average when the top DE and SS get hurt, but when intact, they can get after you. They are built a lot like our defense, but I give us a huge edge at CB and FS and a slightly better run stuffing front.

I dont understand why so many people have the idea that the Ravens get disrespected by everyone. Not every comment is directed at the Ravens, stop taking things out of context just to have a new way to talk about how we get no respect. It makes the board stale.

Quote Originally Posted by section553 View Post
    I dont understand why so many people have the idea that the Ravens get disrespected by everyone. Not every comment is directed at the Ravens, stop taking things out of context just to have a new way to talk about how we get no respect. It makes the board stale.
    Oh, so now section553 wants to diss us too? Now we're REALLY pissed!!

For those who have a difficult time reading:

1. Winslow throws "Steelers are the best D" out there.
    2. Ravens currently Ranked #1 in D.
    3. Ravens have a proud heritage of defense.
    4. Winslow's clowns happen to play the Ravens in 5 days.

And so the proud vets on the Ravens D are supposed to say "oh...okay" and not be insulted or even mildly miffed, or take it as a backhanded slap at them.

It has nothing to do with me, people. It's how do the intensely competitive and proud Ravens D takes it.

Okay?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Winslow's so stupid he probably doesn't even know who he's playing this week. I don't think this is much of anything. Seems he was more giving props to the Steelers D who just manhandled them. I agree that not everything is necessarily a jab at the Ravens.

But damn, our fan base sure does have a persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Winslow's so stupid he probably doesn't even know who he's playing this week. I don't think this is much of anything. Seems he was more giving props to the Steelers D who just manhandled them. I agree that not everything is necessarily a jab at the Ravens.

But damn, our fan base sure does have a persecution complex.
    If you watch national NFL shows, it seems like almost everything they say is a backhanded jab at the Ravens. I may way too sensitive to it, but they are always the last highlight, and usually they are not even the team that they talk about even when we win.

The national media was all taking the what is wrong with the Bungles approach instead of that was some incredible defense and smash mouth offense that debalcled the Bungles.
    Billick used and encouraged it and the national know it alls like Peter King could not stand it, him or us, but he is a Clown town homer at heart anyway. They never wanted us back in the NFL or we would not have seen Peyton break another one of Johnny U's records.

Until the NFL unbastardises our NFL history, there will always be plenty of material for the NFL hates us crowd to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Oh, so now section553 wants to diss us too? Now we're REALLY pissed!!
    Not dissing anyone. Just making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Winslow's so stupid he probably doesn't even know who he's playing this week. I don't think this is much of anything.
    I believe Winslow knows exactly what he is doing, and that is to let the public know that the Ravens aren't the toughest kid in town, but rather the Stillers. Well, Kellen, Sunday you'll find out who the real bully is in town. Cmac is ready to go, and along with Samari, and Reed listed as ready to go, I'm predicting a shutout! Ravens D is No.1!!!

Btw, IF healthy, this team will "shock the world" this year, as the most dominant athlete of all time once said.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton