Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The debate has just begun: arm strength

Have we ever started a weaker armed QB since Harbs? Inquiring minds would like to know.
    Gee, T...you sound happy about it...positively giddy, in fact.

At the time, I was furious that Ozzie sat around waiting for McNair while opportunities to obtain other quality QBs passed us by. That being said, the roster is what it is. I would rather have an allegedly weak-armed McNair than the catastrophe waiting on the bench.

This is also preseason. That doesn't mean we should ignore everything we see on the field (the coaches sure don't), but I'm not going to panic or make blanket judgements yet, either. The tape on our starting QB from last year shows that he's the best we've had in many a long year. The overall impression I have from watching in a Ravens uniform so far shows that he is also a good decision maker; he doesn't make many boneheaded mistakes <ahem>.

I think I'll just wait until we start gameplanning for opponents in games that actually count for something before drawing final conclusions. If McNair can't top a 71.8 rating, convert 3rd downs, and move our offense down the field more consistently, I'll gladly join the new Hater club you're attempting to establish.
    Last edited by RavenMad2099; 08-26-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.