Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: The debate has just begun: arm strength

The reality of it is that it has taken Steven McNair one frigging game to accomplish what Boller has yet to do in his entire Ravens career, which is what I stated above. Who cares about arm strength as long as it is adequate and the QB is accurate?
    RACK BertJones!

I believe Mcnair has the arm strength for long passes but is playing a conservative gameplan as he picks up the system.Don't forget he wasn't signed until after all the mini camps were over.Fassel is calling the plays and as soon as he is comfortable enough Mcnair will air it out some. Also remember Joe Montana made a living on short and intemediate routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    Boller will be better off not remaining a Raven. He might catch on as a backup for some other team and have a Gus Frerotte type career. I think that is about all his "potential" upside indicates his future to be.
    Wow, talk about an obsession -- Boller hasn't thrown a pass this season, and good ol' Tex still wants to talk about him.

Getting back to our starting QB, I'm a little puzzled at some of McNair's long passes. He almost seems as if he's coming off an injury or a period of inactivity, because he looks a little rusty. Which doesn't make much sense, adimttedly, but that's how he looks on his long passes.

But I really like his ability to evade a pass rush, which sadly is a requirement for whover our QB is. He did a nice job escaping pass rushers a few times today. He has a nice sense of where the rush is coming from, and can get away if given a chance. On a few occasions today he didn't even have a chance, but that wasn't his fault.

I'm telling you HW, Oldfan has a new name. You can pick up on every trait. Johnny Unitas avatar, obsession with Boller, calling the guy names, and not being able to come into the main forums and talk about anything else. Even hijacking other threads into trying to talk about Boller (Rex Grossman thread). Wouldn't even bother with him.

Who cares about arm strength as long as it is adequate and the QB is accurate?
    You mean like today? 16/33.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-17-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    I'm telling you HW, Oldfan has a new name. You can pick up on every trait. Johnny Unitas avatar, obsession with Boller, calling the guy names, and not being able to come into the main forums and talk about anything else. Even hijacking other threads into trying to talk about Boller (Rex Grossman thread). Wouldn't even bother with him.
    There is an ignore feature on this forum that I have taken full advantage of. Click on User CP at the top left hand corner and go down to the buddy/ignore list. Fill in the blanks.

I can't remember if I've got six or seven people on my ignore list. Heck, four of 'em were on there before their first post.

Trust me darb. I already have used the ignore list.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Lucky bastards. As a Mod I have to read all of it.