Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Browns @ Ravens

Re: Browns @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Love the pickup of Shaun Rogers,really clogs up the middle of that D'line.
    But Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow attitude problems are more likely to hurt than help your team.Once they get frustrated they go off their heads.

The AFCN looks like Squeelers,Browns/Ravens fighting for 2nd and Bengals don't even know how bad a shape they are in.

The Browns are pretty much going to see what the Bengals saw.So its all about Rogers holding the line.

The Browns gameplan vs the Squeelers was all over the place.There was no flow.

If the Ravens can run the ball then it will be a long day for Brown fans.

If I was Romeo,I'd attack the Ravens downfield with the pass.Open up the running lanes for Jamal.Rather than the other way around.

Prediction.Whoever scores the most wins.
    The Bungles are not as bad as the beatings they just took. Most teams they face will not have nearly that many good defensive players. I really think they will cover the points this week vs NY, who is a great defense, but not as complete as the Titans and Ravens.

If Cincy can protect up the middle, which they can do by getting the backs into the flats since they can not pick up the blitz anyway, they will be able to get the offense back to a respectable level, and the defnse has been pretty decent concidering the lack of O.

There is always much more of a trend to blame the O instead of credit the D, but we have all seen wht Palmer can do when he has time to throw. Not many teams are going to have D lines that can push the pocket in on him as fast as he can drop back.

They will be running 3 wide and shotgun stuff until they find a way to run the ball or find a front 4 they can push around, and when Chris the criminal Henry and the rookie Wrs get into the mix, I can see them being as dangerous a team as they have been over the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    who pee'd in your wheaties?
    :chill

i
    Admin note: Dude, you need to pull back a little here. Some of the stuff directed at the Dawg here is uncalled for and unprovoked.
    You don't have to participate in a thread like this if the fact that an opposing teams fan started it, or supporting his team disturbs you.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 09-19-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Unwarranted attack

Chef, please ignore bmorebirds. You can't have a message board without a few :troll: :troll: :troll: .

I'll just sit here and :bag:.

edit: No, nevermind. Goad him for awhile, maybe he'll have a complete meltdown, that would be fun.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    Game: Cleveland at Baltimore (4:15 p.m. ET)

Venue: M&T Bank Stadium

Last time at site: On Nov. 18 of last year, Cleveland K Phil Dawson's game-tying field goal at the end of regulation was originally ruled no good, but was reveresed after a brief meeting by the officials. He then nailed a 33-yarder in overtime to give the Browns a 33-30 win.

Reason for road optimism: The Ravens are one of the Browns' bitter rivals and the Browns have confidence they can go into Baltimore and win after last year's thrilling victory. Cleveland performed better in a home loss to Pittsburgh than it did in a Week 1 defeat to the Cowboys and it has a potent enough offense that at some point it figures to explode.

Conversely, the Ravens could be in position for a fall. They had an unexpected bye in Week 2, caused by Hurricane Ike, and they are coming off a deceivingly easy victory over the Bengals in Week 1. Joe Flacco played well in that game, but as was seen with Atlanta's Matt Ryan in Week 2, it is tough for a rookie signal caller to maintain consistency. If Flacco makes some mistakes, the Browns will be in position to capitalize as RB Jamal Lewis once again looks to stick it to his former team.

link
    So you found an internet site that supports your cause for optimism.

Cool, I can do that to.

"RAVENS 20"
    "BROWNS 17"

"The Browns couldn't run the ball against Pittsburgh last week. Browns RB Jamal Lewis could struggle against a Ravens run defense that has been one of the best over the past decade. Rookie QB Joe Flacco faces a Browns defense that played better last week than in the opener, but there is still a lot to improve on."

Link

Ohhh, here's another

RAVENS 21
    BROWNS 17

"The Ravens had last week off because of Hurricane Ike and they are rested. The Browns are desperate. They're 0-2 and this is their first road game. Do they really want it to be against a rested, talented defense? The Ravens drop the Browns to 0-3."

Link
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 09-19-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

18-6 Browns. Trevor Pryce was asked if he's drinking the Flacco Kool-Aid on Sirius radio he said "The only kool-Aid I'm drinking is that stuff thats gets me through practice. Its to early we only played one game talk to me in week 8"

I didn't see the Ravens Bengals game. Listening to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin the Bengals D was in no hurry. It refused to chase anyone down the sidelines.

I'm going to catch the game at Johnny B place in O.C. Should be fun.

Here is the problem with the idea that the Browns are due a win, or in a must win, or will win because they need it.

They aren't at home this week.

Cleveland has to come to us, play in our stadium with our fans. The Ravens know what Jamal can and cannot do and can stop him.

Derek Anderson may be able to break out of his funk, but not on the road against the Ravens.

On the offense, its not Willis McGahee you have to worry about. You have to deal with 3, maybe 4 guys that can run the ball well, and catch out of the backfield. Rice tired? Run McClain. McClain winds? Fine, run Willis. Rice fresh again, bring him back in. You can put 8 men in the box if you want. The Bengals certainly tried.

The question becomes Shane Falco.....er......Joe Flacco. If he builds on the Bengals game, play-action is going to be deadly Sunday. And equally is the offensive line. If they can contain Rodgers, it will be ok.

No way Cleveland gets their first win in Baltimore.

Ravens - 24
    Browns - 10

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    If you want to compare positions, you need to compare Ravens offense vs Browns defense (and vice-versa). For example, Jamal will not run against our defense, McGahee probably will.

Please note that when healthy, the Ravens have the best defense in the NFL. This week, they're healthy. The Bungles have a better offense (not by much though) than the Browns, but couldn't score an offensive TD.

The only way the Browns win is for them to cause several crucial turnovers. This means it is crucial for the Browns to rattle Flacco all day. If this doesn't happen, the Browns have no chance. My prediction is they will generate one Flacco turnover into 7 points. It won't be enough because the Ravens will do the same with Derek Anderson.

Prediction: Ravens 20 - Browns 13
    :word :respect
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

On the offense, its not Willis McGahee you have to worry about. You have to deal with 3, maybe 4 guys that can run the ball well, and catch out of the backfield. Rice tired? Run McClain. McClain winds? Fine, run Willis. Rice fresh again, bring him back in. You can put 8 men in the box if you want. The Bengals certainly tried.
    And thus will our running attack will be called the 4 Headed Monster for 08.

McGahee and Rice to stir the pot.McClain to tenderize,Neal to punish what is left over. that's gotta hurt.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

If last year is any indication, we will need to step up against the Browns running game.

Last season, we gave up 189 yards and 2 TD's in the two games.

Sting, to say we can stop Jamal is something that still remains to be seen. Last time he played us, he did pretty well. The first Browns game last season, they had a 2 headed running attack.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I pretty much don't care who you're a fan of, OP has a shit-ton more credibility than garbage like this. And if this is your attitude toward other fans who are CLEARLY not coming onto this board to instigate, then Chef Dawg is not the one that should take their sorry ass home and stop posting here.

I know, I know...it's tough to understand intellectual writing. Grab a book and try to learn.

- C -

its all in fun.

i have been to other stadiums and been cursed at had things thrown at me i have been on other boards and just made a pick on who i thought would win a game and had all kinds of things thrown my way.its called living a little and laughing.you know how i need to read a book well you need to loosen up.you are one of those people who beat people up because they are not great at typing but yet have plenty of football knowledge.anyway i was having some fun laughing about it.sorry somebody whizzed in your cheerios.

case and point-if you dont like what i write then dont read it.but it might do you some good you might learn something buddy.anyway best of luck with you and misery im gonna go back to having some fun...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If last year is any indication, we will need to step up against the Browns running game.

Last season, we gave up 189 yards and 2 TD's in the two games.

Sting, to say we can stop Jamal is something that still remains to be seen. Last time he played us, he did pretty well. The first Browns game last season, they had a 2 headed running attack.
    you make great points butttttt i think your seeing a more confident ravens defense this year.(i know its only one game)but looking at clevland they cant stop anything.not the pass,run,they just are plain horrible.thats what i see after watching them.

i see us controlling the clock and jamal tops out at 12 to 15 carries.their passing game cant seem to get a footing.i dont know what the deal is with edwards but he is not catching a cold.winslow has been solid so far half his catches have gone for first downs.they still only average 134 yards passing.they are not even close to 100 yards a game rushing.

IMO jamal will hardly be a factor tomorrow.

Last year does not matter anymore.

This year, the Clowns are back at the bottom of the division where they belong. Bad on offense and defense.

They played two very good teams, but got beaten badly. The Steelers did not run te score up on them, but they did what ever they wanted to on offense, and shut them down on defense.

DA is not an all pro QB. He can throw, but he is still a young player who is and will be confused by coverage and rattled by pressure.

Week 1 the Ravens rookie qb played like a veteran and Palmer played like a rookie, because Palmer was pressured and had to throw into coverage. The Browns do not have the players to create the coverage and pressure packages needed to confuse a rookie QB. They will not be able to stop the run with a 7 man front. They will not be able to get pressure with a 4 man rush. They are desperate and will have to gamble with 5 and 6 man blitzes and 8 man fronts on firstdown. The problem is, everyone knows this and unlike under Billick, the Ravens will adjust and attack it vertical, and I do not see any one in coverage who can match up 1 on 1 with any of out top 4 targets. With a lead, our defense and running game is lethal.