Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 67

Thread: Browns @ Ravens

  1. #13

    Re: Browns @ Ravens



    The Browns haven't scored double digits yet and you think they'll come into Balt and hang 28 on the board? Optimistic to say the least. Competition matters a little less there than the fact that the Cowboys D is very beatable.

    The problem with the Browns offense isn't that they've faced great competition, it's that they haven't executed. Maybe this is the game where they turn the light on and suddenly they're rockin'. But the Ravens have most if not all of their D healthy, and with that being the case I think the Browns can maybe score 17 with a good offensive showing. This ain't early 2007 anymore...if the Browns play like they did back then, they can hang 28; but if they play like they have the first two games they'll be lucky to score 7.

    To me this game hinges on whether or not the Browns can stop the Ravens from scoring 17 points, cause I think 17 wins this game. Can they do that without Robaire? I dunno. Really depends on how well Flacco plays. I think I'm gonna be saying that a lot this year, but in general I think a lot of games this year will be decided on whether he plays efficient, vs. he plays like a rookie and turns it over a lot and can't move the ball.

    I see either a Browns 14 - Ravens 7, or a Ravens 28 - Browns 10 type score, but haven't decided which I think is more likely.

    - C -




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    I think intense pressure, low score in first half, somebody makes a play in the 3rd qtr (pick 6, kick return)...probably on the Ravens side (look how close YFig has come to breaking several kix). other team presses a bit and turns over again. game ends like Bengals; Ravens run out clock pounding rock wi McGahee/Rice/McClain.
    we'll see!!!
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Back in Limeyland
    Posts
    785

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Jamal can only run up the middle and will have no joy against our Dline, forcing the Browns to the passing game. Defensively, having CMac and Reed healthy would be a huge boost for us. I think they will be and can see Anderson being picked off a couple of times on Sunday. The pass rush looked good against Cincy and we have to get pressure on DA all day - the dude needs time to be effective. When he doesn't get that time, he looks like crap.

    Despite having some decent run stuffers, we can be successful in the running game against this lot. They certainly didn't look infallable against the Steelers and despite what Cam Cameron says, I can see us trying to stretch them with some perimeter runs and screens to Ray Rice. Their secondary is suspect and an early deep shot by Flacco wouldn't surprise me.

    The Browns' desperation to correct an 0-2 start and salvage a season is their biggest asset - but if their opinion of this Ravens team is as low at that of their fans, then they're in trouble. With a loud crowd, a healthy defense and an effective, balanced offense (all of which we displayed two weeks ago), I see us winning this by 10. Final - Ravens 20 Browns 10.




  4. #16

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Thats some good stuff guys! Keep it up!




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,935

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    Thats some good stuff guys! Keep it up!
    by the way dummy it is a total of 5 dropped passes for the sorry ass edwards.


    but anyway i dont care who you root for or where you live take your sorry ass and go worry about the browns this is for BALTIMORE unless you are a ravens fan no need for you to stick around.after all the shit you been writing take a hike.




  6. Re: Browns @ Ravens

    I can see the sense of optimism on the Browns side. Just as on our side. It's still way too early to think a few weeks of play will determine how your team will sit at the end of the season.

    I think Anderson isn't a bad QB but if the line continues to have issues as it did with another blitzing D like Pitt. He won't have much time to throw. I do agree that Winslow should be our biggest concern on offense. Edwards is better than both Bengal WR's because is more physical. The Jamal Lewis you are seeing now is the one that we saw here his last two, injured and taking three tippy toe steps and falling forward. They would be better served getting Wright or Harrison into the mix.

    The defense didn't do a horrible job against PITT, but they did allow 3.8 yards per carry. Stopping the run was imperative in those conditions and they couldn't do it. Otherwise statisically they matched the Steelers. The difference was clutch plays.

    Baltimore will be able to run the ball and Cameron will come up with solid protections to allow Flacco to throw. If Rice and Heap execute and catch balls thrown in their breadbasket the Bengals score is a runaway. I like the team's chances.
    Ravens 21 Browns 13




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Hereís how I see it:

    The Ravens will win BIG because of their Ö Surprise! Surprise! Ė DEFENSE !!

    Last year we lost both starting Corners and our best Pass Rusher early in the season and it killed us. Losing just Samari Rolle, Or Especially Chris McAlister, would be devastating enough, but then you add Trevor Pryce to the list. Despite this, The Ravens still finished SIXTH in the NFL in Total Defense!!

    The whole key to this season and the game on Sunday is how healthy our defense stays. If the D stays healthy all year the skyís the limit for this team. I look for our Defense to DOMINATE EVERYBODY like it did in 2006, setting records along the way.

    With this Defense staying healthy, we only need an average Offense to put up 17 Ė 24 points a game and we will have double digit wins and a Division Title.

    Right now we are almost at full strength, with only Kelly Gregg questionable. I donít see how the Browns are going to score at all! If they couldnít score any TDs against PissBurgh in their own stadium, how do they expect to come in here and get anything other than a token field goal or two. The only way they score a TD is off a return. Cribbs is really the only person that scares me on Clevelandís Team, and heís a little banged up. If he doesnít return a kick for a TD and the defense doesnít score one off a Turnover, I donít see Cleveland getting double digit points!

    That brings me to the Offense! I donít think anybody really realizes just how good our Offensive Line is right now! Iíve been telling everyone around here the whole key to our season was our Offensive Tackles, and so far they look great. And now, we even have Willie Anderson in the mix for some depth there. Gaither looks like he is coming into his own on the left, even Ogden said he has all the tools that he, himself had, he just needs to put it all together. I can see him and Joe Thomas battling for that Pro Bowl spot for years to come! Adam Terry is proving more than adequate on the right side and now has Willie Anderson to back him up/Take his spot. The interior is awesome! With Yanda playing right Tackle last year, it gave him invaluable game experience and has turned him into one Stud of a Guard this year! Jason Brown is already Pro Bowl material and Ben Grubbs will be! As this OL plays more together and Gels, I see them dominating games like our DL does now! Just look what they did in the fourth quarter against Cincy when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to Run! I wouldnít be surprised to see us break some Ravens records for Rushing this year no matter who the Backs are!

    Now the skill positions, this is the best Backfield we have ever had. With McGahee/Rice/McClain running behind Lorenzo Neal at FullBack, I donít see how anyone can stop the Ravens when they decide to run the ball. Not to mention that all four are good receivers out of the Backfield. With Cam Cameron calling the shots, we finally have some imagination & unpredictability on O. Our receivers are more than adequate when healthy, and hopefully Heap has worked out the kinks after the worst game of his career and will return to form. All of this leads to one Major Thing Ė We donít need Joe Flacco to win the game for us!!

    Flacco has shown amazing poise coming from Delaware, and has literally gotten better with every Play! He had one bad throw against Cincy, missing Clayton, I think., coming across the middle on an early third down that would have gone for Big Yardage! Other than that, every other pass was pretty much right on the money! He even had at least four Drops, with one for sure TD drop by Heap, and maybe another by Rice. His numbers could very easily have been 19-29, 250+ yards, and two TDs. And that is the key Ė Pass when we want, not because we have to! I think between The D, the OL, the Running game, & Cam Cameron, they will keep as much pressure as possible off of Flacco to allow him time to grow into the position much the way Toothlessburger grew into the position in Pissburgh.

    Any way you slice it, I donít think Cleveland has the Talent to stay with us right now and look for a 34-3 Ravens Blowout!!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




  8. #20

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Hereís how I see it:

    The Ravens will win BIG because of their Ö Surprise! Surprise! Ė DEFENSE !!

    Last year we lost both starting Corners and our best Pass Rusher early in the season and it killed us. Losing just Samari Rolle, Or Especially Chris McAlister, would be devastating enough, but then you add Trevor Pryce to the list. Despite this, The Ravens still finished SIXTH in the NFL in Total Defense!!

    The whole key to this season and the game on Sunday is how healthy our defense stays. If the D stays healthy all year the skyís the limit for this team. I look for our Defense to DOMINATE EVERYBODY like it did in 2006, setting records along the way.

    With this Defense staying healthy, we only need an average Offense to put up 17 Ė 24 points a game and we will have double digit wins and a Division Title.

    Right now we are almost at full strength, with only Kelly Gregg questionable. I donít see how the Browns are going to score at all! If they couldnít score any TDs against PissBurgh in their own stadium, how do they expect to come in here and get anything other than a token field goal or two. The only way they score a TD is off a return. Cribbs is really the only person that scares me on Clevelandís Team, and heís a little banged up. If he doesnít return a kick for a TD and the defense doesnít score one off a Turnover, I donít see Cleveland getting double digit points!

    That brings me to the Offense! I donít think anybody really realizes just how good our Offensive Line is right now! Iíve been telling everyone around here the whole key to our season was our Offensive Tackles, and so far they look great. And now, we even have Willie Anderson in the mix for some depth there. Gaither looks like he is coming into his own on the left, even Ogden said he has all the tools that he, himself had, he just needs to put it all together. I can see him and Joe Thomas battling for that Pro Bowl spot for years to come! Adam Terry is proving more than adequate on the right side and now has Willie Anderson to back him up/Take his spot. The interior is awesome! With Yanda playing right Tackle last year, it gave him invaluable game experience and has turned him into one Stud of a Guard this year! Jason Brown is already Pro Bowl material and Ben Grubbs will be! As this OL plays more together and Gels, I see them dominating games like our DL does now! Just look what they did in the fourth quarter against Cincy when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to Run! I wouldnít be surprised to see us break some Ravens records for Rushing this year no matter who the Backs are!

    Now the skill positions, this is the best Backfield we have ever had. With McGahee/Rice/McClain running behind Lorenzo Neal at FullBack, I donít see how anyone can stop the Ravens when they decide to run the ball. Not to mention that all four are good receivers out of the Backfield. With Cam Cameron calling the shots, we finally have some imagination & unpredictability on O. Our receivers are more than adequate when healthy, and hopefully Heap has worked out the kinks after the worst game of his career and will return to form. All of this leads to one Major Thing Ė We donít need Joe Flacco to win the game for us!!

    Flacco has shown amazing poise coming from Delaware, and has literally gotten better with every Play! He had one bad throw against Cincy, missing Clayton, I think., coming across the middle on an early third down that would have gone for Big Yardage! Other than that, every other pass was pretty much right on the money! He even had at least four Drops, with one for sure TD drop by Heap, and maybe another by Rice. His numbers could very easily have been 19-29, 250+ yards, and two TDs. And that is the key Ė Pass when we want, not because we have to! I think between The D, the OL, the Running game, & Cam Cameron, they will keep as much pressure as possible off of Flacco to allow him time to grow into the position much the way Toothlessburger grew into the position in Pissburgh.

    Any way you slice it, I donít think Cleveland has the Talent to stay with us right now and look for a 34-3 Ravens Blowout!!
    I agree with all of this but the part about the Clowns. They do have the talent, I question the coaching and the injury factor is huge. They basicly blew it vs the Steelers. They had plenty of chances to make a play or two and win. They are not going to win many games without getting 21 points, but with a healthy offense that should be no problem against most teams.
    They are very shaky in the secondary right now, but going in to the season they had a bunch of decent young players.

    This is the perfect time to send them down the drain. If you let them linger around they will peel your wall paper and give you a staph infection. Flushe Em down.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    774

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    What Gwaihir Said(tm)
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I agree with all of this but the part about the Clowns. They do have the talent, I question the coaching and the injury factor is huge. They basicly blew it vs the Steelers. They had plenty of chances to make a play or two and win. They are not going to win many games without getting 21 points, but with a healthy offense that should be no problem against most teams.
    They are very shaky in the secondary right now, but going in to the season they had a bunch of decent young players.
    The injury factor is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about who they had coming into the season, but the Talent of the 45 guys they are forced to play with Sunday. I just don't think their 45 can stack up against our 45!

    The loss of Sean Jones, in particular, is a big blow to their defense. On the Ravens first play from scrimmage, I would love to see Gaither cross blocking with Grubbs & Brown!!

    I think if they send Gaither down to Blindside & Crush "Big Baby", with Grubbs & Brown pulling out to take on the DE & OL, then Neal goes barrelling through the Hole to take out the ML, you have one of our Backs One-On-One with the Safety! I see this as a minimum 10-yard gain, and if McGahee/Rice puts a move on the Safety, or McClain simply runs him over, it could go for a lot more!

    Not only that, you then have "Big Baby" looking over his shoulder the rest of the game, wondering when he's going to get Shellacked by Gaither again, minimizing his effectiveness in the middle!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




  11. #23

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    The injury factor is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about who they had coming into the season, but the Talent of the 45 guys they are forced to play with Sunday. I just don't think their 45 can stack up against our 45!

    The loss of Sean Jones, in particular, is a big blow to their defense. On the Ravens first play from scrimmage, I would love to see Gaither cross blocking with Grubbs & Brown!!

    I think if they send Gaither down to Blindside & Crush "Big Baby", with Grubbs & Brown pulling out to take on the DE & OL, then Neal goes barrelling through the Hole to take out the ML, you have one of our Backs One-On-One with the Safety! I see this as a minimum 10-yard gain, and if McGahee/Rice puts a move on the Safety, or McClain simply runs him over, it could go for a lot more!

    Not only that, you then have "Big Baby" looking over his shoulder the rest of the game, wondering when he's going to get Shellacked by Gaither again, minimizing his effectiveness in the middle!
    I like the way you think, and I say you are right on with the play calling and all that, but the Browns still have pretty good players on both sides of the ball, and should put up a lot more fight than the Bungles did.

    They have a pretty good front 7 and a very good WR and TE. Jamal can still gash you and pound out extra yards if he gets loose, but the injury to Steinbach should basically eliminate that possibility.

    Should be a good game we win 24-10 but the score will be close for a while.




  12. #24

    Re: Browns @ Ravens

    Game: Cleveland at Baltimore (4:15 p.m. ET)

    Venue: M&T Bank Stadium

    Last time at site: On Nov. 18 of last year, Cleveland K Phil Dawson's game-tying field goal at the end of regulation was originally ruled no good, but was reveresed after a brief meeting by the officials. He then nailed a 33-yarder in overtime to give the Browns a 33-30 win.

    Reason for road optimism: The Ravens are one of the Browns' bitter rivals and the Browns have confidence they can go into Baltimore and win after last year's thrilling victory. Cleveland performed better in a home loss to Pittsburgh than it did in a Week 1 defeat to the Cowboys and it has a potent enough offense that at some point it figures to explode.

    Conversely, the Ravens could be in position for a fall. They had an unexpected bye in Week 2, caused by Hurricane Ike, and they are coming off a deceivingly easy victory over the Bengals in Week 1. Joe Flacco played well in that game, but as was seen with Atlanta's Matt Ryan in Week 2, it is tough for a rookie signal caller to maintain consistency. If Flacco makes some mistakes, the Browns will be in position to capitalize as RB Jamal Lewis once again looks to stick it to his former team.


    link




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland