Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Browns @ Ravens

Re: Browns @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If last year is any indication, we will need to step up against the Browns running game.

Last season, we gave up 189 yards and 2 TD's in the two games.

Sting, to say we can stop Jamal is something that still remains to be seen. Last time he played us, he did pretty well. The first Browns game last season, they had a 2 headed running attack.
    HR, he did not break 100 yards on us either game. Yeah, he had 92 yards the second game, but he didn't do enough against our ailing defense last year to make me believe we can't stop him tomorrow.

And consider he ran just 38 yards last week. Our defense is almost completely healthy minus Kelly Gregg on the front line (which I think for the moment Justin Bannon can fill in for).

Meh, if Jamal breaks 70 yards against us tomorrow I will be very surprised.

As for the two headed monster they had last year, they don't have that same power this year. I just don't see them running on us.

My score stands.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    HR, he did not break 100 yards on us either game. Yeah, he had 92 yards the second game, but he didn't do enough against our ailing defense last year to make me believe we can't stop him tomorrow.

And consider he ran just 38 yards last week. Our defense is almost completely healthy minus Kelly Gregg on the front line (which I think for the moment Justin Bannon can fill in for).

Meh, if Jamal breaks 70 yards against us tomorrow I will be very surprised.

As for the two headed monster they had last year, they don't have that same power this year. I just don't see them running on us.

My score stands.
    It makes me nervous that we seem to agree now. How did one game change your outlook so much? You were captian of the panic attack in the preseason.

Sting, I hear ya ...

Just saying WE need to prove we can stop Jamal still. We game planned for him last year and got burned for it -- they ran three different backs and they owned that side of the ball.

IMHO, I agree we have the healthy D this year to do it. All I am saying it will most likely come down to that ground game that we allowed to set the pace last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    It makes me nervous that we seem to agree now. How did one game change your outlook so much? You were captian of the panic attack in the preseason.
    Well, for starters, we didn't sign Dante Culpepper.

Well, for starters, we didn't sign Dante Culpepper.
    I know he is a better Qb than Bauman, but he may not be a better backup.

I knew all would take was decent Qb play beat teh bad teams in our division, but I did not expect it to come from Joe Flacco just yet. Troy Smith will be back in the mix as the #2 so I am good with the personel and the plan for the O.

Sting, I hear ya ...

Just saying WE need to prove we can stop Jamal still. We game planned for him last year and got burned for it -- they ran three different backs and they owned that side of the ball.

IMHO, I agree we have the healthy D this year to do it. All I am saying it will most likely come down to that ground game that we allowed to set the pace last season.
    But it is crazy to look at last yearas any indication of what this year will hold, if you want to compare things you need to go back to the 2006 season when we were healthy if you want to compare. We were injured beyond belief last year and we still could have beat them. We have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 22 or 24 straight games, if we lose tomorrow it will be because of turnovers not because we could not stop the run period!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Sting, I hear ya ...

Last season though is last season. And even then we didn't lose either game on Jamal Lewis's running. I'm just not that concerned with Jamal at this point.

My only real concern will be the offensive line. If they hold up again like they did against the Bengals, then we're going to score some points. If not, that's a whole different story.

I doubt this game is going to turn on a bouncing field goal.

My only real concern will be the offensive line. If they hold up again like they did against the Bengals, then we're going to score some points. If not, that's a whole different story.
    It's funny, one area i am not concerned about is the offensive line.

As long as they are willing to offer a RB to give help on blitzes and the blind side our line will be very good.

I expect it will be about week 8 before the national media figures out that we have a very good young line and mentions it.

actually they won't mention it till week 10 because we are baltimore, but they'll figure it out about week 8.

You can't base predictions for this year of off last season. The Browns where not as good last year as their record indicated. The bounced their way every time last year.
    Jamal is a year older and won't have no where near the same year as last year. I will be very surprised to see him get more than 75 yards. He'll spend most of Sunday on the sideline sucking air.

The Browns are in a uphill battle come Sunday. Their going to be facing a rested, heathly Ravens D. That fact alone should be enough to keep Anderson up all night.

The game will be similar to week 1 cincy game. As in the score wont reflect how much of a blowout it really was.

Ravens 23
    Brown 13
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

BTW Browns guard Eric Steinbach is out for the game tomorrow. So Jamal may have some trouble running center-left.

AND it was just reported that Braylon Edwards is also 50/50 for the game tomorrow. Donte Stallworth is also questionable.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,2377751.story

I still say 24-10. If Edwards and Stallworth don't play, I might have to change that to 24-3.

11. Re: Browns @ Ravens

Getting closer to game time. I like the Ravens chances even more. Edwards was limited in practice and Stallworth is out. Just worry about Winslow and who will they throw to?

I can't believe I forgot the coaching situation. Romeo Crennel might be the worst coach in the NFL. Wasn't he on the verge of getting fired last season? I think the Browns have weapons on offense but they have been bumped up a bit too much then they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    Getting closer to game time. I like the Ravens chances even more. Edwards was limited in practice and Stallworth is out. Just worry about Winslow and who will they throw to?

I can't believe I forgot the coaching situation. Romeo Crennel might be the worst coach in the NFL. Wasn't he on the verge of getting fired last season? I think the Browns have weapons on offense but they have been bumped up a bit too much then they should.
    He might be on the hot seat again after his horrible clock management last week.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller