Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns @ Ravens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Browns @ Ravens

Hers what I propose. Someone from Browns24/7 will break down the game the way they see it.

Maybe someone from here would like to do the same.

I see the Browns rebounding this week, after a strong defensive game against the Stillers, and adding some offense to go with it.

The pressure will be on the Browns to slow down the Ravens pass rush. If they can do that, Edwards and Winslow will both be in for big days.

On the defensive side of the Ball, The Brows need another strong showing from Shawn Rogers and a much better job from the LBs, getting in there and causing Flacco to rush his decisions.

The Browns will slow the run by putting eight in the box and forcing Flacco to throw.

Re: Browns @ Ravens

My prediction
    Browns 28 Ravens 17

I would be in shock if the Browns layed a 28 spot on the Ravens.
    The only way I see anything like that happening is if the Ravens turn the ball over deep in there own territory giving you outstanding field position once or twice.

The only real advantage I see the Browns having is playing against a rookie QB.

Your defensive line has been bolstered with Rogers, but they are still giving up alot of rushing yards.
    I don't care if Flacco is a rookie or not, you stack 8 in the box, and he'll make you pay!!

Nobody on the Browns will admit it, but you all are tetering on must win type territory here.

That alone makes the Browns dangerous, but could also be your worst enemy as well.

Shouldn't take much for that squad to implode on Sunday.

One key turnover by Anderson, and you all are toast.

This crowd is gonna be juiced up big time.

We all got to see how bright our future looks two weeks ago, and have been starved to see a liitle more for two weeks now.

Jamal Lewis better bring a hellava lot more to the table then what we saw against the Steelers if you want any chance of winning.

We have a two headed monster with the potential for a 3rd head to appear now.

This is not the same Ravens team you all are accustomed to seeing on the offensive side of the ball.
    We are no powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination, but definitelty unpredicatable at this point in the Harbaugh/Cameron era.

That alone will cause issues for your defense as there really is no film to study on the way this offense plays now compared to past years.

As long as our defense comes into this game showing respect for the ability that the Browns offense poses, and our offense protects the ball, we win.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Shouldn't take much for that squad to implode on Sunday.

One key turnover by Anderson, and you all are toast.
    :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim

Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    Hers what I propose. Someone from Browns24/7 will break down the game the way they see it.

Maybe someone from here would like to do the same.

I see the Browns rebounding this week, after a strong defensive game against the Stillers, and adding some offense to go with it.

The pressure will be on the Browns to slow down the Ravens pass rush. If they can do that, Edwards and Winslow will both be in for big days.

On the defensive side of the Ball, The Brows need another strong showing from Shawn Rogers and a much better job from the LBs, getting in there and causing Flacco to rush his decisions.

The Browns will slow the run by putting eight in the box and forcing Flacco to throw.

well if you take a few mins. from your time you can look at all threads and see that we always call things how we see it on this board.there are people who break it down piece by piece.then everyone writes in with opinion.but here you should read down and see mine......

b.edwards having a big day if you can contain the ravens pass rush?!?!?!?!thats a tough call because i wanna say the number is 4 that i have seen edwards drop balls that hit him dead in the hands.j lewis well the numbers last year,you guys caught lighting in a bottle that average of 3.1 ypc that he has now is most likely gonna go down.he will spend more time on the sideline trying to bum a newport.

personally i think d.anderson SUCKS.end of story!!!

as for the defense-you guys cant stop the run or the pass.you give up over 350 ypg.thats pathetic.i think as of right now its 384.my point is you guys knew in that weather willie parker was gonna run and he still ran all over the browns.

my point is the browns had a decent year last year but every bounce seem to go their way.the browns have to face a healthy ravens and even more ready to take momentum going into pit. 2-0 and fighting atop the division.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

personally i think d.anderson SUCKS.end of story!!!
    I dont have a problem with that at all. Hes not my favorite QB either, but being that I live in Pittsburgh, I can tell you I watched Joe Flacco at Pitt..and he couldnt beat out a very mediocre Tyler Palko...

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    I dont have a problem with that at all. Hes not my favorite QB either, but being that I live in Pittsburgh, I can tell you I watched Joe Flacco at Pitt..and he couldnt beat out a very mediocre Tyler Palko...
    Nobody here is gonna dub Joe Flacco as the next Joe Montana.
    He is still way too early in his carreer.

What we have seen thus far is a QB that looks to be far superior to anything that has walked onto the field wearing a Ravens uniform in quite sometime.

The only thing I will say refarding Pitt. is to look at the sources up there making those decisions.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

umm Braylon has dropped 6...yeah

Look who the Brows have played...no cupcakes..The Cowboys might be the best regular season team...cant talk about playoffs for them..and The Steelers always play the Browns tuff.

Willie Parker didnt exactly run wild..yeah he got his 100 yds, but it was on 26 carries..he earned 'em.

I looked around the site for two days before selecting this one, because you guys have many many knowledgeable posters here. I understand that me being here makes most defensive. I'm here to talk football. get your thoughts on the game and have some fun, and not at anyone expense. I hope we can all do that.
    Thanks for the great input already and I look to seeing some more. There will be more members from browns247.com stopping by as well.

Yeah I think he's improved a little since his Pitt days...

So for the game maybe we can get the sites do position breakdowns of the game, great idea!

Predictions, good to!

anyone up for a sig battle?

We did a sig battle with a Cowboys site (www.cowboyspride.net) where each entry was a position battle...QB vs QB or Wr vs CB or just random players of each team. if anyone is interested, speak up!

we can have a good time with this!

Blog Entries

I'm no expert, but here's my breakdown position vs position (I might have to do this in pieces, since it'll take awhile)...

QB - Flacco vs Anderson - Edge: Anderson - Have to give the edge to Anderson with Flacco being the rookie. Anderson had a great season last year, he's had some early trouble, but I'd give him at least 1 or 2 more games before it drags his stock down

RB - McGahee vs J Lewis - Edge: Even - I can't see either getting ahead in this matchup. Jamal had a good year last year (that will be a common thread here), but he's always described himself as a guy who needs 20-25 carries a game. He's only had 32 carries, given that you've been playing from behind a lot. Also, I think the wheels are just starting to wear on him, we knew he had a pretty small shelf life left, now I think we're starting to see the decline again. McGahee had some clashes with management early in TC as far as work ethic, but he showed last year he can do a lot of good things running and catching. Add in that we have some depth from Ray Rice, I think we can match what Jamal does

FB - Vickers vs McClain - Edge: McClain - Kind've a hard one to do, as it appears Vickers is strictly a blocker, but I have to give McClain the edge with the pounding rushing he did against the Bengals. Also add in that we have Lorenzo Neal backing him up, we have the edge there.

WR - Braylon Edwards/Donte Stallworth/Steptoe? vs Mason/Clayton/Williams - Edge: Browns. I don't think any Baltimore fan would argue this one, our receivers not named Mason have big ? marks. When Stallworth gets healthy, your Offense will get a big boost, because right now we only have to focus on Winslow and Edwards. Who the hell is Steptoe? That said, Clayton only started showing us some life in the Cincy game on his reverse, and Williams has been battling injuries all season.

TE - Kellen Winslow vs Todd Heap - Edge: Winslow (for now) - Heap is playing like something brown, only because he's getting back from injury and hasn't had the reps. I think he gets better in this game and starts to return to form. But Winslow is at full speed and with Stallworth likely out, he's a bigger factor in your passing game

OL - Edge: Even - This one is hardest to grade, since I can't find any reports of how the OL for Cleveland has looked. If I had to lean one way, it'd be towards the Ravens, who have a completely healthy OL, while Cleveland is missing Ross Tucker and Eric Steinbach. Joe Thomas is a young promising LT, but Jason Brown is a young promising interior OL.

DL - Edge: Ravens - The Ravens have arguably one of the best 3 man DL fronts in the league. Pryce is a stalwart veteran whose presence was sorely missed last year, Gregg is constantly one of the most underrated players acknowledged by ALL the NFL, and Ngata is a best, plain and simple. On the Cleveland side, Shaun Rogers will be a tough one to deal with and Corey Williams will be good on the end. What really knocks down the Browns is the loss of Robaire Smith. I equate this somewhat to the loss of Trevor Pryce last year...no depth behind him, and now we can double team the other passrushers without fear of leaving Smith open.

OLB - JJ/Suggs vs Alex Hall/Wimbley - Edge: Ravens - Wimbley is a nice young LB, but without McGinest, again you are weakend on one side. Suggs has been playing with a vengeance after getting a franchise tender, and JJ is another underrated beast.

ILB - Ray/Bart Scott vs D'Qwell/Andra Davis - Edge: Ravens, slightly - This would be a close matchup, as Andra Davis and D'Qwell are both really strong LBs, but they just can't match up to the play of Ray Lewis and Bart Scott. Both were big factors blitzing against the Bengals, and both can still make plays in pass coverage and run support very well.

CB - CMac/Rolle vs Wright/McDonald - Edge: Even - Our CBs are known for their shutdown skills, but lately they've been more injured than not, so we have to give way more often to our backups. Wright/McDonald are showing some promise, but I don't think they've proven anything against top competition yet. I'll give you even, since our starting CBs can also include McFadden and Walker, who one of them showed promise in the preseason and the other should not be on this team.

FS - Reed vs Pool - Edge: Reed - Reed has some nagging nerve injury, but he came out in Week 1 and played just a slight bit less than the Reed of old. Pool didn't play week 1 and had just 3 tackles in week 2.

SS - Landry vs S. Jones - Edge: Jones - I think Landry is a good S, but he's not much of a playmaker, whereas Jones had 5 picks last year.

I think you can't judge position by position though, you need to judge unit vs unit...
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 09-18-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If you want to compare positions, you need to compare Ravens offense vs Browns defense (and vice-versa). For example, Jamal will not run against our defense, McGahee probably will.

Please note that when healthy, the Ravens have the best defense in the NFL. This week, they're healthy. The Bungles have a better offense (not by much though) than the Browns, but couldn't score an offensive TD.

The only way the Browns win is for them to cause several crucial turnovers. This means it is crucial for the Browns to rattle Flacco all day. If this doesn't happen, the Browns have no chance. My prediction is they will generate one Flacco turnover into 7 points. It won't be enough because the Ravens will do the same with Derek Anderson.

Prediction: Ravens 20 - Browns 13
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County