Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns @ Ravens

Re: Browns @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    by the way dummy it is a total of 5 dropped passes for the sorry ass edwards.

but anyway i dont care who you root for or where you live take your sorry ass and go worry about the browns this is for BALTIMORE unless you are a ravens fan no need for you to stick around.after all the shit you been writing take a hike.
    who pee'd in your wheaties?
    :chill

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Dawg View Post
    So for the game maybe we can get the sites do position breakdowns of the game, great idea!

Predictions, good to!

anyone up for a sig battle?

We did a sig battle with a Cowboys site (www.cowboyspride.net) where each entry was a position battle...QB vs QB or Wr vs CB or just random players of each team. if anyone is interested, speak up!

we can have a good time with this!

Do you guys have a gfx team? or guy?
    anyone want to get in on it?

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    If you want to compare positions, you need to compare Ravens offense vs Browns defense (and vice-versa). For example, Jamal will not run against our defense, McGahee probably will.

Please note that when healthy, the Ravens have the best defense in the NFL. This week, they're healthy. The Bungles have a better offense (not by much though) than the Browns, but couldn't score an offensive TD.

The only way the Browns win is for them to cause several crucial turnovers. This means it is crucial for the Browns to rattle Flacco all day. If this doesn't happen, the Browns have no chance. My prediction is they will generate one Flacco turnover into 7 points. It won't be enough because the Ravens will do the same with Derek Anderson.

Prediction: Ravens 20 - Browns 13
    I wouldn't say the Ravens have the best defense in the NFL, even when everyone is 100 percent. Arguably the best against the Run, but only top 10 or so against the pass. They also aren't a great scoring defense. They don't generate as many turnovers as some other squads, and they rarely take it to the house.

I'd say they are top 5, but there are 3 or 4 other defenses I'd rather have, especially against teams that can throw the ball.

Still, the Browns have the absolute worst defense in the league, and the Ravens should be able to put up at least 20 on them. Shut down Jamal and the Brownies game plan will fall apart on third and long. Ravens should win this one comforatbly in the cozy confines of M&T.

Ravens 28
    Brownies 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I wouldn't say the Ravens have the best defense in the NFL, even when everyone is 100 percent. Arguably the best against the Run, but only top 10 or so against the pass. They also aren't a great scoring defense. They don't generate as many turnovers as some other squads, and they rarely take it to the house.

I'd say they are top 5, but there are 3 or 4 other defenses I'd rather have, especially against teams that can throw the ball.

Still, the Browns have the absolute worst defense in the league, and the Ravens should be able to put up at least 20 on them. Shut down Jamal and the Brownies game plan will fall apart on third and long. Ravens should win this one comforatbly in the cozy confines of M&T.

Ravens 28
    Brownies 12
    Did you see week 1? C Mac is back, Samari is still solid. Reed is crazy good and Landry is a lumberjacker. When they get a good pass rush, they make more plays than anyone in the NFL, see way back in 2006 when they led the NFL in sacks, picks, points and yards. Now they have Washington and better back up safties as well as some seasoning on the backup CBs. If they stay mostly intact, this will be the #1 pass defense in the NFL. Maybe not in terms of yards because teams will abandon the run, but they will create the most turnovers and surrender the fewest Tds.

As long as our D is healthy there is no other D in the league I would take over the Ravens. And right now aside from Gregg it sounds like we are pretty darned healthy.

I think this is going to be a very painful day for Anderson and JLew. Just like I like it.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

6. Re: Browns @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm no expert, but here's my breakdown position vs position (I might have to do this in pieces, since it'll take awhile)...

QB - Flacco vs Anderson - Edge: Anderson - Have to give the edge to Anderson with Flacco being the rookie. Anderson had a great season last year, he's had some early trouble, but I'd give him at least 1 or 2 more games before it drags his stock down

RB - McGahee vs J Lewis - Edge: Even - I can't see either getting ahead in this matchup. Jamal had a good year last year (that will be a common thread here), but he's always described himself as a guy who needs 20-25 carries a game. He's only had 32 carries, given that you've been playing from behind a lot. Also, I think the wheels are just starting to wear on him, we knew he had a pretty small shelf life left, now I think we're starting to see the decline again. McGahee had some clashes with management early in TC as far as work ethic, but he showed last year he can do a lot of good things running and catching. Add in that we have some depth from Ray Rice, I think we can match what Jamal does

FB - Vickers vs McClain - Edge: McClain - Kind've a hard one to do, as it appears Vickers is strictly a blocker, but I have to give McClain the edge with the pounding rushing he did against the Bengals. Also add in that we have Lorenzo Neal backing him up, we have the edge there.

WR - Braylon Edwards/Donte Stallworth/Steptoe? vs Mason/Clayton/Williams - Edge: Browns. I don't think any Baltimore fan would argue this one, our receivers not named Mason have big ? marks. When Stallworth gets healthy, your Offense will get a big boost, because right now we only have to focus on Winslow and Edwards. Who the hell is Steptoe? That said, Clayton only started showing us some life in the Cincy game on his reverse, and Williams has been battling injuries all season.

TE - Kellen Winslow vs Todd Heap - Edge: Winslow (for now) - Heap is playing like something brown, only because he's getting back from injury and hasn't had the reps. I think he gets better in this game and starts to return to form. But Winslow is at full speed and with Stallworth likely out, he's a bigger factor in your passing game

OL - Edge: Even - This one is hardest to grade, since I can't find any reports of how the OL for Cleveland has looked. If I had to lean one way, it'd be towards the Ravens, who have a completely healthy OL, while Cleveland is missing Ross Tucker and Eric Steinbach. Joe Thomas is a young promising LT, but Jason Brown is a young promising interior OL.

DL - Edge: Ravens - The Ravens have arguably one of the best 3 man DL fronts in the league. Pryce is a stalwart veteran whose presence was sorely missed last year, Gregg is constantly one of the most underrated players acknowledged by ALL the NFL, and Ngata is a best, plain and simple. On the Cleveland side, Shaun Rogers will be a tough one to deal with and Corey Williams will be good on the end. What really knocks down the Browns is the loss of Robaire Smith. I equate this somewhat to the loss of Trevor Pryce last year...no depth behind him, and now we can double team the other passrushers without fear of leaving Smith open.

OLB - JJ/Suggs vs Alex Hall/Wimbley - Edge: Ravens - Wimbley is a nice young LB, but without McGinest, again you are weakend on one side. Suggs has been playing with a vengeance after getting a franchise tender, and JJ is another underrated beast.

ILB - Ray/Bart Scott vs D'Qwell/Andra Davis - Edge: Ravens, slightly - This would be a close matchup, as Andra Davis and D'Qwell are both really strong LBs, but they just can't match up to the play of Ray Lewis and Bart Scott. Both were big factors blitzing against the Bengals, and both can still make plays in pass coverage and run support very well.

CB - CMac/Rolle vs Wright/McDonald - Edge: Even - Our CBs are known for their shutdown skills, but lately they've been more injured than not, so we have to give way more often to our backups. Wright/McDonald are showing some promise, but I don't think they've proven anything against top competition yet. I'll give you even, since our starting CBs can also include McFadden and Walker, who one of them showed promise in the preseason and the other should not be on this team.

FS - Reed vs Pool - Edge: Reed - Reed has some nagging nerve injury, but he came out in Week 1 and played just a slight bit less than the Reed of old. Pool didn't play week 1 and had just 3 tackles in week 2.

SS - Landry vs S. Jones - Edge: Jones - I think Landry is a good S, but he's not much of a playmaker, whereas Jones had 5 picks last year.

I think you can't judge position by position though, you need to judge unit vs unit...
    I like alot of what you said here, but I think you're giving the Brownies some credit where it's not really due...

RB: Jamal's best days have passed and the three headed monster we have in our backfield (along with a competent passing game and OL) is much more solid than what the Browns have. There is no way that I would take their running game over ours.

TE: I would call this an even split because Winslow has been a non-factor so far this season. Our athletic LBs will be a much better match up against him than their LBs and shaky secondary will be against Heap. Heap will come out with something to prove this week and will be Flacco's safety valve.

CB (and entire secondary): We have a HUGE advantage here in my opinion. They traded away their best corner and have their playmaking safety out for several weeks. We were better than them last year in this category, and as we have improved alot they have gotten worse for this matchup. I like us here by a big margin.

In the end, I think we get just enough done to win this game (20-10 possibly). I don't want to sound like a bandwagon Ravens fan, but I've been saying that we are MUCH better than we showed last year with all those injuries. People forgot about us and I think we have alot to show this year!

Final Score Ravens 56 Browns 7
    As a result of the game the National Guard in Cleveland is called out to protect the team plane as it lands at Cleveland Hopkins Airport from rioters. However a riot breaks out in downtown Cleveland as the protesting fans set their sight on Cleveland Brown Stadium. As the rioting throngs than loot and burn the stadium the president declares a state on emergency in Northwest Ohio and offers it to the Chinese government as a payment for all the t bills they have purchase.
    The Chinese refuse the offer, but calm is finaly restored when Congressman Kucinich offers himself up as a human sacrifice to the growing mass of rioters.
    At that point a box containing the details of the move of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore is discovered among the charred remains in the stadium. Upon the revelation of those details to the public a period of great enlightenment begins.
    A bronze statue in honer of Art Model is place in front of the remains of the stadium, a mass rally is held where thousands upon thousands of Browns fans burn their jersey in hope of ridding the town of its dreaded curse, Prospect ave is renamed Model Way and the Cuyahoga River is colored purple. The following year the Indians win the pennant and Ohio State beats a top ten team in football. As for the Browns you ask, well it is suffice to say that some things will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    by the way dummy it is a total of 5 dropped passes for the sorry ass edwards.

but anyway i dont care who you root for or where you live take your sorry ass and go worry about the browns this is for BALTIMORE unless you are a ravens fan no need for you to stick around.after all the shit you been writing take a hike.
    I pretty much don't care who you're a fan of, OP has a shit-ton more credibility than garbage like this. And if this is your attitude toward other fans who are CLEARLY not coming onto this board to instigate, then Chef Dawg is not the one that should take their sorry ass home and stop posting here.

I know, I know...it's tough to understand intellectual writing. Grab a book and try to learn.

- C -

Welcome Chef Dawg, but living in shitburgh has to be hard. I know that's rough for you.

But this game will be tough, as always. The O line is the key. If we can rush for say 280 total, I'm going to love the monday nighter.

Injuries and pressure getting to the browns. I think we can manhandle this team. Ravens been itching to play for awhile, so a home game will be good for flacco to tune up for the div lead next week.

Sorry brownies, bad week to come to baltimore.

Ravens 28
    brownies 9

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    Final Score Ravens 56 Browns 7
    As a result of the game the National Guard in Cleveland is called out to protect the team plane as it lands at Cleveland Hopkins Airport from rioters. However a riot breaks out in downtown Cleveland as the protesting fans set their sight on Cleveland Brown Stadium. As the rioting throngs than loot and burn the stadium the president declares a state on emergency in Northwest Ohio and offers it to the Chinese government as a payment for all the t bills they have purchase.
    The Chinese refuse the offer, but calm is finaly restored when Congressman Kucinich offers himself up as a human sacrifice to the growing mass of rioters.
    At that point a box containing the details of the move of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore is discovered among the charred remains in the stadium. Upon the revelation of those details to the public a period of great enlightenment begins.
    A bronze statue in honer of Art Model is place in front of the remains of the stadium, a mass rally is held where thousands upon thousands of Browns fans burn their jersey in hope of ridding the town of its dreaded curse, Prospect ave is renamed Model Way and the Cuyahoga River is colored purple. The following year the Indians win the pennant and Ohio State beats a top ten team in football. As for the Browns you ask, well it is suffice to say that some things will never change.
    ha ha

I was never a big Model fan but he's head and shoulders better than the Irsays.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Hey Chef, welcome to our humble little forum.

The Browns are banged up on both sides of the ball and on the road this weekend. It would be different if we were there, but we are home, and I'll take the Ravens 20 - 6.

I will disagree with some of the comments earlier in the thread about one thing: I think Flacco is a better quarterback then Anderson. No disrespect to Anderson, I wish him the best, but I believe his first half last year was it, for him. He doesn't have the protection or the stable of receivers he had when he was the Man last year. Flacco may not have Winslow or Edwards, but he has enough decent receivers to compensate for the absence of the huge stars.

My prediction: Flacco will have a significantly better year than Anderson, and this Sunday will be that season in a nutshell.

:2c:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Love the pickup of Shaun Rogers,really clogs up the middle of that D'line.
    But Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow attitude problems are more likely to hurt than help your team.Once they get frustrated they go off their heads.

The AFCN looks like Squeelers,Browns/Ravens fighting for 2nd and Bengals don't even know how bad a shape they are in.

The Browns are pretty much going to see what the Bengals saw.So its all about Rogers holding the line.

The Browns gameplan vs the Squeelers was all over the place.There was no flow.

If the Ravens can run the ball then it will be a long day for Brown fans.

If I was Romeo,I'd attack the Ravens downfield with the pass.Open up the running lanes for Jamal.Rather than the other way around.

Prediction.Whoever scores the most wins.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.